Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Celebrity Death Watch! Official RIP when they DIE thread...
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 306, 307, 308 ... 415, 416, 417  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
obus Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2021 6:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Celebrity Death Watch! Official RIP when they DIE thread... Reply with quote

Roger Hawkins Muscle Shoals Rhythm Section
https://ultimateclassicrock.com/roger-hawkins-muscle-shoals-dead/
1960 Paprika Red Karmann Ghia Convertible aka Schatze L452 built 5/20/60
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...highlight=
66 21 window bus built 8/31/65 https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=777273
View user's profile Send private message Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Jon Schmid
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2021 11:27 am    Post subject: Re: Celebrity Death Watch! Official RIP when they DIE thread... Reply with quote

I don't know why my comment regarding Olympic gold medal sprinter Lee Evans got bounced. And why no one had commented on his passing beforehand... Sad
Jennepher Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2021 6:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Celebrity Death Watch! Official RIP when they DIE thread... Reply with quote

Jon Schmid wrote:
I don't know why my comment regarding Olympic gold medal sprinter Lee Evans got bounced. And why no one had commented on his passing beforehand... Sad

I removed it because you were obviously trolling. If you'd like to post about Lee Evans in this thread please feel free, but don't even try to start shit saying he wasn't mentioned because he was black. That is idiotic.

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
If your post begins "I know this is against the rules but..." just stop typing.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Jon Schmid
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2021 8:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Celebrity Death Watch! Official RIP when they DIE thread... Reply with quote

I disagree with you--I am not a troll and I find that to be an insulting comment.
wheel607
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 9:29 am    Post subject: Re: Celebrity Death Watch! Official RIP when they DIE thread... Reply with quote

Jon Schmid wrote:
I disagree with you--I am not a troll and I find that to be an insulting comment.

The last time I posted on the Samba, I felt and still feel that this is a free exchange of ideas. This column is especially the catch all of things that people may or may not be interested in. But , if they have no interest, they just move on. It is a NOTIFICATION of death board. If you feel or felt strongly enough about Lee Evans death, then post........no more or less is needed. We dont need or want your comments on why or why not this was posted before. You made what is not wanted here.....a racial thing, out of a simple death notice. You, Jon Schmid made a mistake. I suggest you move on, tail between your legs, butt hurt and all. This is not your website........if you want your own to make your editorials about Lee Evans, then get it.
calvinater
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 10:25 am    Post subject: Re: Celebrity Death Watch! Official RIP when they DIE thread... Reply with quote

here ,here,...
Mr. Shmidd , if you felt so strongly about this , why did you not post of his passing?
Jon Schmid
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 6:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Celebrity Death Watch! Official RIP when they DIE thread... Reply with quote

calvinater wrote:
here ,here,...
Mr. Shmidd , if you felt so strongly about this , why did you not post of his passing?

What part of it was deleted did you miss?
Jon Schmid
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 6:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Celebrity Death Watch! Official RIP when they DIE thread... Reply with quote

wheel607 wrote:
Jon Schmid wrote:

The last time I posted on the Samba, I felt and still feel that this is a free exchange of ideas. This column is especially the catch all of things that people may or may not be interested in. But , if they have no interest, they just move on. It is a NOTIFICATION of death board. If you feel or felt strongly enough about Lee Evans death, then post........no more or less is needed. We dont need or want your comments on why or why not this was posted before. You made what is not wanted here.....a racial thing, out of a simple death notice. You, Jon Schmid made a mistake. I suggest you move on, tail between your legs, butt hurt and all. This is not your website........if you want your own to make your editorials about Lee Evans, then get it.

I disagree with you as well, and I am not going anywhere with "my tail between my legs and butt hurt..." Eat a bag...
Jennepher Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 10:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Celebrity Death Watch! Official RIP when they DIE thread... Reply with quote

Let's get back on topic now.

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
If your post begins "I know this is against the rules but..." just stop typing.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ach60 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 1:45 am    Post subject: Re: Celebrity Death Watch! Official RIP when they DIE thread... Reply with quote

Lee Edward Evans (February 25, 1947 – May 19, 2021) From Wiki:
was an American sprinter. He won two gold medals in the 1968 Summer Olympics, setting world records in the 400 meters and the 4 × 400 meters relay. Evans co-founded the Olympic Project for Human Rights and was part of the athlete's boycott and the Black Power movement.

Evans won the 1968 Olympic trials at Echo Summit, California with a world record 44.06 and demolished it in the Olympic final, winning in 43.86 seconds aged 21 years and 8 months, from which he still stands as the thirteenth best performer in history. Evans won a second gold as the anchorman on the 4 × 400 m relay team, setting another world record of 2:56.16. Both times stood as a world record for almost twenty years (the relay, for almost 24 years). While accepting the relay Gold medal Evans and fellow African-American medalists Larry James and Ron Freeman received their medals wearing black berets in imitation of the Black Panther Party.[12] After winning the AAU 400 m titles in 1969 and 1972, Evans finished only fourth in the 1972 Olympic trials, but was named a member of the 4 × 400 m relay team once more. However, when the time came the United States could not field a team because Vincent Matthews and Wayne Collett were suspended by the IOC for a demonstration at a medal ceremony similar to the one staged by Tommie Smith and John Carlos at the previous Olympics.

For Jon Schmid, Thanks I learned something today.
I walked by this Statue many times, even have photos with friends with it
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
finster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 9:48 am    Post subject: Re: Celebrity Death Watch! Official RIP when they DIE thread... Reply with quote

Ex-British racing driver Max Mosley, who went on to run motorsport's world governing body the FIA and become a privacy campaigner, has died aged 81.

nothing lasts, nothing is finished, and nothing is perfect...
HMVWNAB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 6:09 am    Post subject: Re: Celebrity Death Watch! Official RIP when they DIE thread... Reply with quote

Former Sen. John Warner of Virginia Dies at 94

Sen. John Warner squired celebrities and was married to Elizabeth Taylor when he was elected in 1978. He went on to serve five terms.
HMVWNAB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 3:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Celebrity Death Watch! Official RIP when they DIE thread... Reply with quote

Kevin Clark, the child drummer from Jack Black’s School of Rock, has died at age 32.

According to the Chicago Sun-Times, the musician was killed early Wednesday as he was riding his bike in Chicago’s North Side. Authorities say Clark, who played Freddy “Spazzy McGee” Jones in the 2003 comedy, was struck by a Hyundai Sonata around 1:20 a.m
56Cabrio
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 5:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Celebrity Death Watch! Official RIP when they DIE thread... Reply with quote

Author Eric Carle dies at 91 'The Very Hungry Caterpillar'
https://www.google.com/amp/s/news.yahoo.com/amphtm...26401.html

1956 Rag Top owned since 1988
1956 Convertible owned since 2000
1963 Hard Top

RIP Dad 4/20/1951 - 2/4/2023
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2021 12:14 am    Post subject: Re: Celebrity Death Watch! Official RIP when they DIE thread... Reply with quote

56Cabrio wrote:

If you read to your kids, you read his books.

Put your device down and read to your kids, with a book.

It’s different. It’s how you end with N kids with SAT section scores that start with ‘8’
GArBa
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2021 4:58 am    Post subject: Re: Celebrity Death Watch! Official RIP when they DIE thread... Reply with quote

Carla Fracci, ballet dancer and actress of international fame, died today in Milan at 84.
'22 type C1 T-Cross
'23 type AC3 Hyundai I10 (VW no longer makes small cars!)
-------------------------
moped:
'82 Benelli Magnum 3v
56Cabrio
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2021 9:04 am    Post subject: Re: Celebrity Death Watch! Official RIP when they DIE thread... Reply with quote

Abscate wrote:
56Cabrio wrote:

If you read to your kids, you read his books.

Put your device down and read to your kids, with a book.

It’s different. It’s how you end with N kids with SAT section scores that start with ‘8’

X1000
My wife is a teacher for LAUSD and she tells me Eric Carle & Bill Martin Jr's books are always the kids favorites.
“A child who reads will be an adult who thinks.”

1956 Rag Top owned since 1988
1956 Convertible owned since 2000
1963 Hard Top

RIP Dad 4/20/1951 - 2/4/2023
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
LAGrunthaner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2021 4:54 am    Post subject: Re: Celebrity Death Watch! Official RIP when they DIE thread... Reply with quote

John Sprinzel, Austin Healey Sprite race car driver, builder, tuner and author of several Sprite books. I was fortunate to meet him at the Austin Healey Sprite 50th anniversary show in Carlisle, PA and get my photo with him. A great loss to the Spridget community (Spridget gathers it's name from interchangeable parts from the Austin Healey Sprite and the MG Midget).

I've been a British car hobbyist since I could reach the peddles of my roadster.

RIP John.

http://www.sebringsprite.com/latestnews.html?fbcli...PFg6-skkPI

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Sprinzel

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

www.mauiroadsters.com
http://www.oacdp.org
Lind wrote:
Have you considered simply starting with a nicer bus? I don't know what your skills are, but the race is easier if you can see the finish line. If you are not a runner, don't start off doing a marathon.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
HMVWNAB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2021 12:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Celebrity Death Watch! Official RIP when they DIE thread... Reply with quote

Mark Eaton, the 7-foot-4 shot-blocking king who twice was the NBA Defensive Player of the Year during his career with the Utah Jazz, has died, the team said Saturday. He was 64.

The Jazz said that police said Eaton was found lying in the road around 8:30 p.m. Friday after apparently crashing his bike in Summit County, Utah. According to the team, the Summit County Sheriff's Office said that Eaton was taken to a hospital, where he later died, and that there was no reason to believe a vehicle was involved in the accident.
obus Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2021 12:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Celebrity Death Watch! Official RIP when they DIE thread... Reply with quote

Gavin MacLeod Actor
https://tvline.com/2021/05/29/gavin-macleod-dies-mary-tyler-moore-love-boat-actor-dead-obituary/
1960 Paprika Red Karmann Ghia Convertible aka Schatze L452 built 5/20/60
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...highlight=
66 21 window bus built 8/31/65 https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=777273
View user's profile Send private message Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 306, 307, 308 ... 415, 416, 417  Next
Jump to:
Page 307 of 417

Jump to: