Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Parts YOU want to see made for the community
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chickensoup
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 5:44 pm    Post subject: Parts YOU want to see made for the community Reply with quote

My friend posted a similar thread for type 3's so I thought id do the same for the general sub forum.

I CAD and can 3D and Resin print. And soon i will have the CNC mill wrapped up.

Im working on a few ideas i dont want to share until theyre finished but I made this thread so people could make request or share ideas on parts they'd like to see produced.

For example, heres a super simple piece. the plate that sits behind the horn grill. which can be made in a plastic or aluminum to prevent corrosion.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

And then some of you may of seen other CAD files ive designed in other forums. i figured this would be an opportunity for people needing hard to come by parts reproduced.
'66 RIP
'69 RIP
Hosea 4:6 "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge"

Last edited by Chickensoup on Sun May 16, 2021 7:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Dan the workingstiff
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 6:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Parts YOU want to see made for the community Reply with quote

I started this thread with you in mind in fact..... please consider it. Thanks

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=754178

I did pencil rubbings of my oval slots. I believe I have at least one German fender. Its very heavy compared to the others. The slots seem very similar in size without measuring.
'76 IH 1200
'75 IH 1200
my59
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 6:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Parts YOU want to see made for the community Reply with quote

Replacement buttons and knobs for Motorola radio, in ivory.
Chickensoup
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 7:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Parts YOU want to see made for the community Reply with quote

Dan the workingstiff wrote:

I did pencil rubbings of my oval slots. I believe I have at least one German fender. Its very heavy compared to the others. The slots seem very similar in size without measuring.

hi, i read your thread. if you have dimensions or know someone who does, i can get it done. i can also print in different colors too. maybe even color match etc. if you cant get dimensions i know someone who may be able to snag some from a junkyard and take dimensions.
'66 RIP
'69 RIP
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Chickensoup
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 7:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Parts YOU want to see made for the community Reply with quote

my59 wrote:

hi, again, i will need dimensions for it to be accurate. im guessing its for a 6mm shaft?

thanks
'66 RIP
'69 RIP
Dan the workingstiff
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 3:32 am    Post subject: Re: Parts YOU want to see made for the community Reply with quote

Chickensoup wrote:

hi, i read your thread. if you have dimensions or know someone who does, i can get it done. i can also print in different colors too. maybe even color match etc. if you cant get dimensions i know someone who may be able to snag some from a junkyard and take dimensions.

I can measure them. I have a mic. I'm just unsure how to measure the radius.
If I were to scan in the pencil rubbings and sent you a pdf would that be more accurate or easier for you? You can pm if you would like to keep the the thread clean. Or maybe post info for others,also.
'76 IH 1200
'75 IH 1200
Chickensoup
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 7:15 am    Post subject: Re: Parts YOU want to see made for the community Reply with quote

Chickensoup wrote:

If I were to scan in the pencil rubbings and sent you a pdf would that be more accurate or easier for you? You can pm if you would like to keep the the thread clean. Or maybe post info for others,also.

Yes please send me a pencil rubbing and a few pictures. That would be great.

Thanks
'66 RIP
'69 RIP
Dan the workingstiff
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 3:32 am    Post subject: Re: Parts YOU want to see made for the community Reply with quote

Chickensoup wrote:
Chickensoup wrote:

Yes please send me a pencil rubbing and a few pictures. That would be great.

Thanks

I will, thank you. This is a great thing you're doing!!!
'76 IH 1200
'75 IH 1200
Who.Me? Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 12:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Parts YOU want to see made for the community Reply with quote

Chickensoup wrote:
I made this thread so people could make request or share ideas on parts they'd like to see produced.

Fresh muffler heater pips to replace the ones fitted to all the aftermarket mufflers. They never line up with the heat exchangers and/or the holes in the rear tin.

Don't see why they couldn't be made of aluminum but the shape might be difficult. Maybe they could be made of more than just two parts though, with tabs to lock the parts together?

Looking for info on my truck's history. Are you from Campbell California or nearby. Do you recognise it? ... http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=636786
Abscate Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 2:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Parts YOU want to see made for the community Reply with quote

Can we cross post this to the

“Parts I’m willing to pay for”
Thread
Chickensoup
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 4:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Parts YOU want to see made for the community Reply with quote

Who.Me? wrote:
Chickensoup wrote:
I made this thread so people could make request or share ideas on parts they'd like to see produced.

Fresh muffler heater pips to replace the ones fitted to all the aftermarket mufflers. They never line up with the heat exchangers and/or the holes in the rear tin.

Don't see why they couldn't be made of aluminum but the shape might be difficult. Maybe they could be made of more than just two parts though, with tabs to lock the parts together?

Yeah I know how bad the repro ones are. I have a german set but making new ones would be difficult for a 1 man shop Wink maybe if I get into stamping its doable.

Not unless you want high $$$ CNC billet units Laughing
'66 RIP
'69 RIP
Chickensoup
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 4:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Parts YOU want to see made for the community Reply with quote

Abscate wrote:
Can we cross post this to the

“Parts I’m willing to pay for”
Thread

Never heard of that thread I dont think.
'66 RIP
'69 RIP
Chickensoup
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2021 10:56 am    Post subject: Re: Parts YOU want to see made for the community Reply with quote

my59 wrote:

are you talking about this style?

[/quote]
'66 RIP
'69 RIP
56Cabrio
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2021 11:59 am    Post subject: Re: Parts YOU want to see made for the community Reply with quote

my59 wrote:

If its for the Big M, Project_therapy makes the knobs. Seems to be sold out now, maybe he will produce another batch.
https://project-therapy.com/collections/repop-part...7272140931

1956 Rag Top owned since 1988
1956 Convertible owned since 2000
1963 Hard Top

RIP Dad 4/20/1951 - 2/4/2023
Chickensoup
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 4:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Parts YOU want to see made for the community Reply with quote

Well heres the 68-73 beetle bumper bracket block off pieces. Im checking to make sure the mounting process goes smoothly. Got a set on the printer now.

Anyone else have any request?

'66 RIP
'69 RIP
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2021 8:01 am    Post subject: Re: Parts YOU want to see made for the community Reply with quote

what parts?? high quality parts of coarse...and cheep too Shocked I need some intake manifold addaptors...go from idf to ida....like the old scat ones to put ida on 356/912 stuff(solex) scat # 912.
what ever you make ..make it the best it can be made.
Chickensoup
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2021 2:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Parts YOU want to see made for the community Reply with quote

mark tucker wrote:
what parts?? high quality parts of coarse...and cheep too Shocked I need some intake manifold addaptors...go from idf to ida....like the old scat ones to put ida on 356/912 stuff(solex) scat # 912.
what ever you make ..make it the best it can be made.

I can do that. I need dimensions as you know Wink

I just finished these up. They are the bumper bracket block offs mentioned earlier.

I test printed a NEW FLEXIBLE material called TPU. It actually dope as hell. I got a video of me "flexing" Laughing But i had to throw some random harp music over the video because my stomach was growling and made the video awkward.

heres the video,

https://youtu.be/69fG_FGoUjk

and here are the cad screenshots

Going on the market soon! maybe.

regarding quality, i think checking what gets shipped out the door plays a giant role. Its one thing to have a well engineered product, but if half of what you sell has defects or falls apart within a month because your cheeped out on production cost, no ones gonna have a fun time.
'66 RIP
'69 RIP
KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2021 3:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Parts YOU want to see made for the community Reply with quote

Primarily for Bus owners:
https://cults3d.com/en/3d-model/gadget/bong-hookah-mouthpiece-boquilla-shisha-de-bong
Dan the workingstiff
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2021 10:55 am    Post subject: Re: Parts YOU want to see made for the community Reply with quote

Chickensoup wrote:
Well heres the 68-73 beetle bumper bracket block off pieces. Im checking to make sure the mounting process goes smoothly. Got a set on the printer now.

I'm looking forward to getting these put on! I'll post pics when mounted up.
'76 IH 1200
'75 IH 1200
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: