Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Rear arms
Forum Index -> HBB Off-Road Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
glow0885
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 4:36 pm    Post subject: Rear arms Reply with quote

Looking for a set of rear arms. Either 3x3 or 3x5. Haven’t made up my mind for sure what ones yet. Anyone know where to get a good set from?
Double-Double
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 4:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Rear arms Reply with quote

https://www.kartek.com/parts-categories/rear-trailing-arms.html
glow0885
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:59 am    Post subject: Re: Rear arms Reply with quote

I guess I should have asked if anyone knew about the quality of the arms that are available. Just looking at a pic online doesn’t tell you much.
oldschool5er
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Rear arms Reply with quote

glow0885 wrote:
I guess I should have asked if anyone knew about the quality of the arms that are available. Just looking at a pic online doesn’t tell you much.

Kartek does sell some of the best and caters to racers for them. You can even go to a more custom made arm but way more expensive.

I have used so many of various makers I lost count. I even tried the Chinese and Latest Rage crap with poor results.

Right now I have been using Nicks arms from Buggy Barn Fabrication with very good success. They are really nice quality at a very reasonable price and USA made by him. He stands up for his quality and the ones I have used have not had the unusual camber issues some of the other cheaper brands have.

Full machine shop with all types of CNC. Rapid prototyping available, CNC Plasma cutting, 3D printing and Laser engraving.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jimmyhoffa
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:12 am    Post subject: Re: Rear arms Reply with quote

Nice info oldschool5er. I was narrowing down to a few choices, and Nick's Buggy Barn Fab. arms were definitely in the running. Fairly priced, made in USA by a real buggy enthusiast.
1974 Chenowth 2RL #1244 Street Legal
My other car isn't ridiculous.
tobiism
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 5:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Rear arms Reply with quote

[quote="jimmyhoffa"]Nice info oldschool5er. I was narrowing down to a few choices, and Nick's Buggy Barn Fab. arms were definitely in the running. Fairly priced, made in USA by a real buggy enthusiast.[/quote

I have his front and rear arms and they are gorgeous. My build is still in mock-up but I'm very happy with them so far.]
aduarte
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:41 am    Post subject: Re: Rear arms Reply with quote

oldschool5er
Do you have a contact number for Nick at Buggy Barn Fabrication? I have a Porsche speedster replica project and I would like to contact him about fabricating some stock size tubular or boxed IRS trailing arms for me. I plan to eliminate the torsion bar setup and run coil overs. Thank you I advance for your assistance.
Best regards,
Arnold
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> HBB Off-Road All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: