Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Six seater buggy build ( long term project)
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> HBB Off-Road Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
matthewl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Six seater buggy build ( long term project) Reply with quote

So I have had several months to trim down the wire harness for the v6, and it has not happened. So I found a company that makes new ones that just run the TBI. Looks nice, will start putting it on later tonight.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

matthewl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Six seater buggy build ( long term project) Reply with quote

Well got the old harness off. More of a pain that the Wire kept getting cought on stuff, was like wrestling an octopus lol. That old harness must have weighted 10 pounds. Started to in stall the new on but need to get a new engine coolant temperature sensor.

Old harness

new one
matthewl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Six seater buggy build ( long term project) Reply with quote

Finished up the windshield flange. My plan is to have a glass shop glue one in like a modern car. Also mounted up a utv wipe motor, looks like it should work.

Also mounted the trans cooler fan and thermostat switch, plus mounted up a fan on the rad.

Have to get a new Engine coolant temperature sensor and I can finish up the wiring harness. Things are moving along nicely right now.
matthewl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Six seater buggy build ( long term project) Reply with quote

Well I rigged some stuff up so we could take it for a small ride. Got to come up with a better way to do the throttle and mount the ECU in a waterproof box. But got it out and down the street.

Video of progress

Link

oprn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:08 am    Post subject: Re: Six seater buggy build ( long term project) Reply with quote

Nice!
matthewl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 5:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Six seater buggy build ( long term project) Reply with quote

Got my rear seat today. Just got to get that wire harness in.

Daddy o's 67
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Six seater buggy build ( long term project) Reply with quote

Your build is just to cool! Good job with the build and I'm sure your family is getting excited to go cruising in it.
matthewl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 8:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Six seater buggy build ( long term project) Reply with quote

Thanks for the kind words Daddy o's 67.
Well I'm starting to wiring up this thing. Got the reverse lights wired up and the headlights. Still a lot more to do, but it's getting closer.

matthewl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 9:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Six seater buggy build ( long term project) Reply with quote

Got some more wires ran. Park lights and brake lights.

kangaboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2021 6:43 am    Post subject: Re: Six seater buggy build ( long term project) Reply with quote

Looking good my dude!! Haven't checked up on your build thread in a while but looks like you're getting close to having a nice street rail. I'm very interested in how your windshield mounting goes. After driving my street rail a few times on the highway, it's obvious that is the next upgrade for me.

skills@eurocarsplus wrote:
Shocked

that fucking thing looks like it drove through a J.C. Whitney catalogue and hit everything on the way out Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
matthewl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2021 7:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Six seater buggy build ( long term project) Reply with quote

Kangaboy the windshield is going to be last. Trying to get ahold of any professional services right now is ridiculously hard. Called my local shop and they said the will not cut windshields. But change their tone when I told them it's a flat windshield, the owner was the one to talk to they said but every time I called he was out or busy with a customer. So I will just get all the loose ends tired up first.
Wiring is a slow process for me as I don't like it, so I just make it worse on my self by taking longer lol. But after the wiring I'm in the home stretch, just some small things to take care of.
matthewl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2021 11:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Six seater buggy build ( long term project) Reply with quote

Got the turn signals wired up and the headlight switch also.
Getting closer.

Link

matthewl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 10:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Six seater buggy build ( long term project) Reply with quote

Got the alternator wired up and it's putting out 14.3 volts, so it's working. I also put a A/C compressor delete pulley on and wired one fan for the radiator. Might put one more fan on the radiator and move the temperature probe for the fan. Still need to due a tune up and oil change and bleed the brakes better, and mount the ECU permanently. Then I may go find some dirt somewhere to find it's other week points. Getting closer every day.
matthewl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Six seater buggy build ( long term project) Reply with quote

Well I am well pleased with the work I got done today. Not the prettiest work, but I did it and it is done. So the windshield has been a thing that I wanted to farm out, but no one wanted to touch it. So I went and found a windshield on amazon for a 66 Ford bronco as it is flat and DOT rated laminated glass. It measure 56x16.5" so to wide and a slightly shorter on height than I would like.
So I welded in a 2" strip of steel to my lower windshield frame , to make it work. Amazingly that $75 Amazon windshield showed up undamaged in a cardboard box LoL. I bought a glass cutter and watched a few YouTube videos and dived in. I figured I can break two or three windshields and still be time and money ahead from what a shop would charge me.
Amazingly it was easier to do than I thought. Just took my time and it came out pretty good.

So boys and girls don't let it scare you, this was one of the easiest jobs on this thing so far. Cutting a flat glass was not that big of a deal.

Added steel strip to bottom of window opening.

Made a cardboard template out of the box the glass came in lol

After I cut the glass I sanded the sharp edges with a flap disc

Glued it to the windshield flange with 3M urethane windshield sealant.
sailtexas186548
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 4:50 am    Post subject: Re: Six seater buggy build ( long term project) Reply with quote

Nice job DIY’ing the windshield, using sealant instead of a bunch of bolts or a clamp is really Going to pay off with less vibration, rattles, and be air tight
matthewl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Six seater buggy build ( long term project) Reply with quote

Wow it's been like two months of not working on the rail. Got sidetracked on home projects and I am still not done with them, but found some energy to play with the rail after a friend let me drive his Baja.

First off I put a new radiator in it as the og s-10 one had a pin hole leak.
Then I put some padding on the main hoops that you can bump your head on.

Next I removed the side panels and put some foam rubber strips on the panels where they touch the chassis.

Hopefully this will stop the rattles or at least make it bearable.
Still have lots of little things to cross of the list, but I hope to make it to Bug jam this year with it. I'm fired up to get this project done, one hour at a time lol.
matthewl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2021 1:02 am    Post subject: Re: Six seater buggy build ( long term project) Reply with quote

Well finally got my side mirror brackets, only took about three months lol. So I put them on today a long with the tag light , new coil mount and a box for the ECU. Got all the seat belts in the other day and mounted the rear seat.

Also finally washed some of the dust off it. Looks like the end may be in sight.

oprn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2021 3:43 am    Post subject: Re: Six seater buggy build ( long term project) Reply with quote

Can't wait to see pictures of it in action with the whole crew!
matthewl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Six seater buggy build ( long term project) Reply with quote

Well got the rear cage mounted to the engine mounts. Now on to making a skid plate and finding a trans kickdown linkage. Small progress but it's getting closer.

oprn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2021 3:50 am    Post subject: Re: Six seater buggy build ( long term project) Reply with quote

And winter is coming...

Ya! I know, we haven't had one ride in our street Buggy this summer. In spite of being retired, life has gotten in the way big time!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> HBB Off-Road All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Jump to:
Page 9 of 11

Jump to: