Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

The faces of the Ghia Forum. Who are you?
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Forum Index -> Ghia Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
blue72beetle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 4:19 pm    Post subject: Re: The faces of the Ghia Forum. Who are you? Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

iowegian Premium Member
Samba Curmudgeon

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:04 pm    Post subject: Re: The faces of the Ghia Forum. Who are you? Reply with quote

blue72beetle wrote:

She's a beauty------------------nice looking Ghia, too. Very Happy
bobnorman
Samba Newfoundlander

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:20 pm    Post subject: Re: The faces of the Ghia Forum. Who are you? Reply with quote

What a great idea! I haven’t been very active on The Samba (this wonderful thing of ours) lately, as there’s lots of life stuff going on, but used to be here daily. I have to say, it’s really nice (and interesting) to finally see the faces of folks here that are otherwise very well known.

Here’s a snap of me in the Garagmahal. This was the same set up I was wearing shortly before I had to see an ophthalmologist to get a sliver of metal scraped off the front of my eye (note the metal sliver distribution tool in the background). No real damage, but lesson learned about safety glasses with sponge around the edge!

Cheers, Everybody! Hope to be back at my ’66 very soon!

Bob

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=289807
Davisbm2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:59 am    Post subject: Re: The faces of the Ghia Forum. Who are you? Reply with quote

I don't have a picture of myself with the Ghia handy, I'll find one later.

In the meantime, here is a screenshot of a lesson I taught a group of middle schoolers. COVID forces us to teach online, this lesson is about reading a ruler/ tape measure. Start 'em young!

-Ben

Last edited by Davisbm2 on Sat Jan 23, 2021 8:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Vladiiiii
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:11 pm    Post subject: Re: The faces of the Ghia Forum. Who are you? Reply with quote

That's a great picture, thanks for contributing!

Oh wait, the title is "faces of the Ghia forum" d'oh!
I see what you did there Applause
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=9237746#9237746
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Davisbm2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:33 pm    Post subject: Re: The faces of the Ghia Forum. Who are you? Reply with quote

Is this better, or 10X worse?

BTW, the person beside me is my significant other. She actually supports the Ghia project. Slightly annoyed yes, supportive, also yes!

-Ben

rbsurfguy
Samba Member

Location: Fairfax, Northern Virginia Formerly Huntington Beach, SoCal

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:53 pm    Post subject: Re: The faces of the Ghia Forum. Who are you? Reply with quote

Looks awesome Ben, the Ghia too!!
Jeff

See my build on The Samba at:
Jeff's 71 Vert Restoration/Reassembly http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6...highlight=
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Tojoso
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2021 4:36 pm    Post subject: Re: The faces of the Ghia Forum. Who are you? Reply with quote

I know it'll take some flak due to the targa aspect but it's what I could find that I could afford.
Registered and insured it yesterday. Smile
Rome
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:05 pm    Post subject: Re: The faces of the Ghia Forum. Who are you? Reply with quote

Welcome, Tojoso! We'll be interested to seeing some more photos of your Ghia, taken from the side and rear quarter. That roof treatment is very unusual, but I remember seeing one in the very early 1970's in HotVWs magazine. Think it was even a low-light; article was named "Targhia for Today". Did you do the conversion work on yours? Can you stow the top panel inside the car?
camfella04
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:27 am    Post subject: Re: The faces of the Ghia Forum. Who are you? Reply with quote

Tojoso wrote:
I know it'll take some flak due to the targa aspect but it's what I could find that I could afford.
Registered and insured it yesterday. Smile

I remember seeing this listed a few months ago on Kijiji - very cool looking Ghia! Welcome!
BulliBill
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:41 am    Post subject: Re: The faces of the Ghia Forum. Who are you? Reply with quote

What a great "discussion thread" idea!

My 1970 Karmann Ghia Coupe that I bought in 1974 off of a VW dealership used car lot in Canoga Park, CA. Still got her and enjoy driving her.

My wife is in the following shot on a local Fall cruise along the Mississippi River near St. Louis, MO.

Here I am in 2013 enjoying two of my favorite food groups at the 2013 Hessisch-Oldendorf Vintage VW Treffen in Germany.

Bill Bowman
Thornton VW - Stockton

Thanks for any help!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
John Moxon Premium Member
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:45 am    Post subject: Re: The faces of the Ghia Forum. Who are you? Reply with quote

BulliBill wrote:

Here I am in 2013 enjoying two of my favorite food groups at the 2013 Hessisch-Oldendorf Vintage VW Treffen in Germany.

Bill Bowman

Ha! Cheers Bill...and Mrs. Bowman too. Very Happy

Bad Camberg 2003...

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
BulliBill
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:03 pm    Post subject: Re: The faces of the Ghia Forum. Who are you? Reply with quote

Hi John!!!

Man! Those guys are GOOD lookin'! I'm diggin' the fanny-pack I was wearing. That was yet another fun Vintage VW Show weekend over in Germany in 2003! My 2-course diet has me a bit more "plump" nowadays. I hope to re-enact that photo with you again in H-O about 11 months from now! How about it John?

Bill Bowman
Thornton VW - Stockton

Thanks for any help!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
John Moxon Premium Member
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:38 pm    Post subject: Re: The faces of the Ghia Forum. Who are you? Reply with quote

BulliBill wrote:
Hi John!!!

Man! Those guys are GOOD lookin'! I'm diggin' the fanny-pack I was wearing. That was yet another fun Vintage VW Show weekend over in Germany in 2003! My 2-course diet has me a bit more "plump" nowadays. I hope to re-enact that photo with you again in H-O about 11 months from now! How about it John?

Bill Bowman

If we're spared Bill Wink ...that BC picture was 18 years ago. Some kids here weren't born then. Laughing
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
overboost
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2021 8:13 pm    Post subject: Re: The faces of the Ghia Forum. Who are you? Reply with quote

Overboost and Mrs OB. Taken at Canadian Tire Motorsports Park in Canada.

ScottDoonan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2021 7:35 pm    Post subject: Re: The faces of the Ghia Forum. Who are you? Reply with quote

I am me...Don’t know who’s car this was though.🤙🏻

1959 Karmann Ghia Cabriolet (current restoration)
1965 Porsche 356 SC coupe
1967 Volkswagen Convertible Beetle
1969 Porsche 911E Targa 3.2 twin plug
2006 Porsche 987 Rüf 3400K Prototype #2 of 2
Goodluck
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2021 1:23 pm    Post subject: Re: The faces of the Ghia Forum. Who are you? Reply with quote

Hello, my name is François, I'm french, live in Dieppe in Normandy.
I have a KG Low light 1959. It was in nederland and before in US (Louisiana)

Au plaisir de discuter avec vous!!!
rbsurfguy
Samba Member

Location: Fairfax, Northern Virginia Formerly Huntington Beach, SoCal

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:42 pm    Post subject: Re: The faces of the Ghia Forum. Who are you? Reply with quote

Bienvenue Françoise, une très belle Ghia! Welcome and what a beautiful Ghia Lowlight! You will have many fans here on The Samba. Start your own page/topic so you can post more pics of it, any work you do, or pics of places around France with your Ghia! I would love to see any pics with your Ghia parked around the Normandy memorials.
Jeff

See my build on The Samba at:
Jeff's 71 Vert Restoration/Reassembly http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6...highlight=
Ccrussell
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2022 7:52 am    Post subject: Re: The faces of the Ghia Forum. Who are you? Reply with quote

Hello
Greetings from Pinebush New York this is my first foreign car a 72 Karmann Ghia.
I’ve had it about 18 months finally getting its turn in the garage.
It’s a1776 with dell’orto carbs and a cool header. Don’t know much about it but it’s been sleeping for almost 30 years. Engine was frozen however I already got new pistons and cylinders. Couple of other issues which I will post in an appropriate section
Always wanted a Volkswagen finally came true.
Picture is the day we pulled it out of his hibernation
RichTx70Ghia
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2022 4:48 am    Post subject: Re: The faces of the Ghia Forum. Who are you? Reply with quote

Hi guys - Just joined your forums!

I'm Richard in Kyle Texas, never owned a VW or looked closely at one. But I have had a 72 C10 LWB truck for nearly two years now and my brother has a shop in Longview, Texas where his focus has 30s Ford Model As. Not VWs but we love old cars! Actually I love lots of things that are old Wink

My daughter has been looking for a car for a while now and yesterday we saw on Austin Craigslist a 1970 VW Karmann Ghia - it popped up as a new listing as we were searching! By the time we got to North Austin the seller told me he had buyer in California that wouldn't haggle and would have it trailered to him (sight unseen). So we all had to decide there - to be honest my daughter (and pretty sure her mom) already decided before we even went out the door.

The breaks are weak, pedal is soft and goes to the floor before stopping.
    Emergency Break doesn't work at all.
    Horn doesn't work (wheel seems to have been replaced).
    Door/Window Channel Rubber mangled needs replacing (kind of pops up).
    Seller says the heat channel on the passenger side need to be fixed?
    Tires are old and need to be replaced.
    She started up nicely - a small puff of smoke came out but cleared pretty fast.
    Clutch/shifting seemed good. For a tiny car seemed to have good power but I went easy because of the breaks.

Seller is bringing the Ghia to me in Kyle on Monday/Tuesday after mom drops off the cash. I put down a small cash deposit.

For my 72 Chevy truck there is a forum to get help and I found this place searching on Google. So I am hoping I can learn and get help here. I am a little worried about this Ghia because I am so ignorant on VW (I know zero). I hate that but my daughter really wanted this car. So now Dad has to figure things out Wink

My bother wants me to bring it up to Longview as there is a VW shop (Oak Hill Automotive) that has been in business for a long time. Oddly enough my Ex knows the family that owns it (from her high school days in the 90s).

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Ghia All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: