Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Lock toggle for sliding door
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
bnam
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 4:06 am    Post subject: Lock toggle for sliding door Reply with quote

Anyone have just that plastic toggle switch? The one in mine is missing. Haven’t seen one posted.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

1966 Fiat 1500 Cabrio (with 1600 Twin cam)
1952 Citroen TA 11BL
rsbadura
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 5:35 am    Post subject: Re: Sicherungsschalter für Schiebetüren Reply with quote

early version till July 1973 (bus/kombi - but not panel van) - that changed and moved down to the handle at August 1974.

I did not find any part number in common lists ("no longer available" already in early days). It's part# 28C at VW page 075-00 .
Did not find it at common dealers n Germany.

good luck, regards,
1982 Eriba Pan travel trailer
2017 VW CrossPolo
HAZET classic tools
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
alman72
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 6:22 am    Post subject: Re: Lock toggle for sliding door Reply with quote

busted bus, "parting out" folks in the classifiedes
airschooled
Air-Schooled

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 6:47 am    Post subject: Re: Lock toggle for sliding door Reply with quote

Check the 3D Printing thread; I think someone had considered printing them.

Robbie
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
NASkeet
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 11:56 am    Post subject: Re: Lock toggle for sliding door Reply with quote

airschooled wrote:

Robbie

I suspect that would be VERY expensive!

Nigel A. Skeet

Independent tutor (semi-retired) of mathematics, physics, technology & engineering for secondary, tertiary, further & higher education.

Much modified, RHD 1973 VW "1600" Type 2 Westfalia Continental campervan, with the World's only decent, cross-over-arm, SWF pantograph rear-window wiper

Onetime member, plus former Technical Editor & Editor of Transporter Talk magazine
Volkswagen Type 2 Owners' Club (Great Britain)

http://www.vwt2oc.net
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ImAddicted
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 12:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Lock toggle for sliding door Reply with quote

NASkeet wrote:
airschooled wrote:

Robbie

Why? And define “very expensive.”
Original condition, which means something different on this forum than anywhere else!
NASkeet
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:41 am    Post subject: Re: Lock toggle for sliding door Reply with quote

ImAddicted wrote:
NASkeet wrote:
airschooled wrote:

Robbie

3D printers are very expensive appliances, and anyone using one commercially would seek to make a profit in addition to recouping the capital investment.

Any more than a couple of pounds Sterling for the aforementioned plastic toggle lever would seem very expensive to me!

Nigel A. Skeet

Independent tutor (semi-retired) of mathematics, physics, technology & engineering for secondary, tertiary, further & higher education.

Much modified, RHD 1973 VW "1600" Type 2 Westfalia Continental campervan, with the World's only decent, cross-over-arm, SWF pantograph rear-window wiper

Onetime member, plus former Technical Editor & Editor of Transporter Talk magazine

Last edited by NASkeet on Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:38 am; edited 1 time in total
ImAddicted
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:19 am    Post subject: Re: Lock toggle for sliding door Reply with quote

NASkeet wrote:
ImAddicted wrote:
NASkeet wrote:
airschooled wrote:

Robbie

3D printers are very expensive appliances, and anyone using one commercially would seek to make a profit in addition to recouping the capital investment.

Any more than a couple of pounds Sterling for the aforementioned plastic lock lever would seem very expensive to me!

Must be a UK thing. You can pick up 3D printers in the US for a few hundred dollars for a desktop system. I paid $149 for mine, about the same price as a desktop inkjet printer. The consumables aren't that bad either, about $25USD for a 1k spool of PLA. My design skills are lacking so it wouldn't be something I'd tackle, but I've already paid for the cost of the printer doing some stuff around the house with others' OBJ files.
Original condition, which means something different on this forum than anywhere else!
NASkeet
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:09 am    Post subject: Re: Lock toggle for sliding door Reply with quote

ImAddicted wrote:
NASkeet wrote:
ImAddicted wrote:
NASkeet wrote:
airschooled wrote:

Robbie

Any more than a couple of pounds Sterling for the aforementioned plastic lock lever would seem very expensive to me!

Must be a UK thing. You can pick up 3D printers in the US for a few hundred dollars for a desktop system. I paid $149 for mine, about the same price as a desktop inkjet printer. The consumables aren't that bad either, about $25USD for a 1k spool of PLA. My design skills are lacking so it wouldn't be something I'd tackle, but I've already paid for the cost of the printer doing some stuff around the house with others' OBJ files.

Many things here are more expensive than in the USA, including petrol (i.e. gasoline in USA parlance) which is about 2.25 times more expensive. In some European countries like Norway and The Netherlands, it is even more expensive!

Thinking back to the 1980s, I can recall similar VW car models being virtually half the price that they were in Great Britain. I suspect that motoring insurance here is also very much more expensive, where there is UNLIMITED LIABILITY.

Nigel A. Skeet

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: