Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Wcfvw69 - [email protected] - Bill
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: wcfvw69
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: Today
IFVandal
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:00 am    Post subject: Re: Wcfvw69 - [email protected] - Bill Reply with quote

4 distributors now from Bill and 1 fuel pump. They all are beautiful and perform flawlessly. In my opinion best guy to work magic on your dizzy's and fuel pumps. Great work at great prices.
iowegian Premium Member
Samba Curmudgeon

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Wcfvw69 - [email protected] - Bill Reply with quote

Another happy SparxVerks customer.
Bill freshened up the distributor and fuel pump from my early '66 Beetle.
It turns out that they are original to the car which makes it even better.
Jewel-like and they compliment the VolkzBitz carb beautifully.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
kent70ghia
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 5:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Wcfvw69 - [email protected] - Bill Reply with quote

Bill tanks for the rebuilt squaretop fuel pump for my 70 Ghia, it looks brand new and looks good with the distributor. Thanks for both pleasure doing business with you.

Kent
JSwindoll08
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 4:30 am    Post subject: Re: Wcfvw69 - [email protected] - Bill Reply with quote

I've gotten both a rebuilt distributor and fuel pump from Bill and have had a great experience both times. He communicates quickly via email, is extremely helpful and ships quickly.

With my distributor I asked him to rebuild it mechanically but leave out the cosmetic stuff. He accidentally did most of the cosmetic stuff before he remembered he wasn't supposed to and sent me the almost fully restored distributor without charging me for the extra labor.

With my fuel pump, I ordered a rebuilt Brazilian Pierburg which he sells for $85. Bill was out of those and was working through a 2 week backlog. He sent me an upgraded VW Logo Mexi Pierburg square top, which he sells for $150, without upcharging me again! He sent it before I had time to answer and tell that I was willing to wait the 2 weeks!

Long story short, Bill does fantastic work and puts nothing above his customer's satisfaction.... including his own profit. I recommend using him 100%
TimB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:15 am    Post subject: Re: Wcfvw69 - [email protected] - Bill Reply with quote

After looking at his ads for a while I finally bought a rebuilt distributor from Bill for my Autostick bug. Everything looked shine and new even the points were set correctly.

The looks wasn’t all after a few mistakes made by me ( don’t forget to set at TDC before removing the old distributor) the shiney new distributor performed as well as it looks. I’m happy my stock car has its stock distributor back on it running like it should be.

A great rebuild wasn’t all. Bill was quick to respond to my emails and helped with my tech questions along the way. If you are looking at a rebuilt distributor Bill is your guy.
BruceFD
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:29 am    Post subject: Re: Wcfvw69 - [email protected] - Bill Reply with quote

I finally pulled the trigger on a rebuilt SVDA distributor from Bill. From how the distributor looks to the way the box was packed, you could tell Bill really takes pride in his restoration services. I wouldnt and wont hesitate to buy something from Bill again.
Mini's 63 Bug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:14 am    Post subject: Re: Wcfvw69 - [email protected] - Bill Reply with quote

Recently purchased a rebuilt square top fuel pump from Bill. Excellent service, quick replies, above and beyond with information and installation tips. Can't say enough about how happy I am with my purchase and with Bill. Would not hesitate to do business with him again! Fuel pump works flawlessly!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
67ctbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2021 1:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Wcfvw69 - [email protected] - Bill Reply with quote

Bought a rebuilt distributor from Bill. The thing is awesome! Looks great, performs great, it's like brand new!
'63 Ragtop
'73 914
'73 Dodge W200
'72 Dodge Wrecker
Go Cubs!
World Series Champions 2016
KentPS wrote:
...or the PO envied the terrorists' bus in "Back to the Future". Laughing

mukluk wrote:
He's fine, just waiting for the dragon in winklepickers to move out of his lane.
mikewire
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Wcfvw69 - [email protected] - Bill Reply with quote

Purchased a fully restored 205S distributor from Bill just a month or two ago, awesome communication and it showed up packaged well...dropped it in and my Bus fired right up!!

Really appreciate guys like Bill that do expert work and are great to work with.

@countdowngarage
@bigskyeuro

1972 VW Kombi 9 Passenger Deluxe w/ 2.0L F.I. VWAC swap
1965 VW Beetle Deluxe Bahama Blue
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Twitter Instagram Classifieds Feedback
Calocedrus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 1:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Wcfvw69 - [email protected] - Bill Reply with quote

Purchased dome top fuel pump from Bill.

Received a detailed email on install and he was quick to answer questions when I emailed back.

The fuel pump is beautiful and looks fantastic on my 1969 Bus single port 1600. Have been driving for a few months now with no issues at all.

Would recommend to anyone who is looking to keep their engine as close to stock as possible.

Thanks Bill!
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 2:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Wcfvw69 - [email protected] - Bill Reply with quote

needed a SVDA and a fuel pump in a hurry. Bill delivered. great guy and fantastic product!

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:
most VW enthusiasts are stuck in 80's price land.

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
dualport
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2021 7:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Wcfvw69 - [email protected] - Bill Reply with quote

Highly recommended! More purchases to come!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Twitter Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Xevin Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:58 am    Post subject: Re: Wcfvw69 - [email protected] - Bill Reply with quote

Xevin wrote:
Bill and Tim (Volkzbitz) did a Distributor and Carb combo for my wife’s 74 std bug. If you’ve read my feedback and others. You know they are solid! Some of the best at what they do. If it’s in the budget get the proper parts. Or perhaps save up and get the proper parts. It’s night and day from my Brazilian 009 and H30/31 combo. Which ran “Pretty good” on my failing 1600 DP engine. When it became time to rebuild. I wanted the stupid bug to start and run as it should. This bug runs amazing. Exactly how I wanted it to run. Especially for my wife. Get in cold bug, depress throttle for the choke and go. I can be on a hill at a stop light, let off clutch it pulls away like a modern manual transmission car. No need to pull e-brake to prevent roll back Wink So if you want stuff to perform as it should. Cry once and do it right. The cost savings buying aftermarket isn’t that great. Yes aftermarket can be made to run “Pretty good” But if you not into “High performance” and just want to enjoy a regular old bug as it should run. Look those two up. Some “High performance” folks could still benefit from having one of Bills distributors. Oh and I installed one of Bills fuel pumps. Sure the Bocar off the shelf pump would have worked but I picked up one of Bills fuel pumps anyways. It wasn’t even intended for an alternator but if you lift off carb a bit. It fits just fine.

Before shot

About to hit the 10,000 mile mark on the engine. Bill’s distributor and fuel pump still doing what it should. Thanks Bill!

Clatter wrote:
Damn that Xevin... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

skills@eurocarsplus wrote:
I respect Xevin and he's a turd Razz

SGKent wrote:
My God! Xevin and I 100% agree Shocked
bfisher1970
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Wcfvw69 - [email protected] - Bill Reply with quote

Contacted Bill about a SVDA distributor and Fuel pump.
Within a week they were in my hands. Installed them and I am super happy with the results. Bill was very helpful with suggestions for additional parts as well.
Thanks!
VINTAGEVW3
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Wcfvw69 - [email protected] - Bill Reply with quote

My wife & I bought an old bus. It needed lots of work on the engine. Bill was excellent in advice and sold us a rebuilt Bosch distributor and a NOS German Pierburg square top fuel pump. Bill was excellent as the parts he sold us! Our bus runs like a dream!! We could not be more pleased! THANKS BILL!!!
my75vw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Wcfvw69 - [email protected] - Bill Reply with quote

Bill (Sparxwerks) & Tim (Volkzbilt) are both exceptional VW artists. As the owner of three Type 1 VWs ('59 European, '75 "Love Bug Edition" & '68 Convertible), all of my cars have some of their restored parts powering them. The distributors and fuel pumps the Bill restores are truly better than new. He did a distributor for me earlier this year for my '75 that perform incredibly well and looks even better.

I recently sent Bill an original fuel pump for my '68 vert. It was literally a Ziplock bag of parts when I sent it. He returned (in a matter of a few days) a spectacular example of "old-school" quality unmatched by any other VW restorer. Tim's carburetors are equally as nice and function perfectly. Both of these artisans charge a bit more than a new "off-shore" made unit would cost, but there is simply no comparison. The restored distributors, fuel pumps, and carbs that were designed and made for the VWs offer superior performance and looks. I highly recommend them and sincerely believe their work is worth much more than they charge. You will certainly be just as happy as I am! Thanks to both of you!
lboos
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2021 2:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Wcfvw69 - [email protected] - Bill Reply with quote

I bought Two dist. from Bill. one for my 71 and one for my 72, both have never run better, they both had 009 dist. one with elect. ign. and one with points,
both had a flat spot and would jerk when accl. it's a pleasure to drive now.
Bill's work is excellent.

Looks like I 1st posted in the wrong area, sorry bout that, I know now.
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2021 8:44 am    Post subject: Re: Wcfvw69 - [email protected] - Bill Reply with quote

Mr. Fowler just completed the restoration of a 1973 914 Distributor and a 1972 Type 3 Auto Trans Distributor (uniquely configured for a Type 4 2.0L engine, i.e. optimal advance curves for my application: 2.0 914 engine with the stock "003" Auto Trans).

Beautiful and complete/solid work.

Cannot say enough nice things about Bill and his craftsmanship, knowledge, resources, etc. He was able to go toe to toe with my focus on details.

DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME AND $$ HAVING ANYONE ELSE WORK ON YOUR DISTRIBUTORS. I've tried the others so I can back up this statement.

Thank you Bill.

Tom
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
slammedbug71
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Wcfvw69 - [email protected] - Bill Reply with quote

If you need a fuel pump these are the best ones to buy. Bill will send you super detailed instructions on how to properly install the fuel pump. My fuel pump looks amazing and works perfect. The shipping is super fast as well.
Geier
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Wcfvw69 - [email protected] - Bill Reply with quote

In my opinion, Bill at Sparxwerks has managed to craft up real world mechanical masterpieces with his restoration of our beloved Bosch and Solex engine components. One need not have an eye for mechanical things to see plainly that these restored items are beautifully done. Once installed on my engine the performance and original looks were immediately noticeable. You can see in the pictures how nicely done the pieces are. I would encourage all to at least check in with Bill when in need of a distributor or a fuel pump. In my case Bill restored a Bosch 034 SVDA unit and Pierburg pump. Outstanding drivability and engine response. Additionally Bill communicates clearly and promptly. Emails are easy to read and his items come with clear installation instructions. What to do and what not to do. The whole experience is worth the reasonable costs. Email Bill with your needs. You will be in for a treat.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Jump to:
Page 11 of 14

Jump to: