Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Northwest Bug Run post show pics - June 2021
Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
67rustavenger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 8:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Northwest Bug Run - June 01, 2019 - Woodburn OR Reply with quote

Had a great time at the Northwest Bug Run this weekend.
On the drive to the show. I met a few enthusiasts along the way. So the weekend started off with great karma. Always a plus, in my book.

Friday night camping came with a few bonus'. You get to walk the vendor setups early. If you should desire to do so.
Also the 100MPH track qualifier was for the normal drag racers who run the series at Woodburn Dragstrip. I'm sure that a few of the locals were a bit puzzled by the little bugs that were kicking their asses. Or at least giving the late model Dodge Challengers a good run for the money.
But there is a cost of drag racing that comes to bite you in the ass once in an unfortunate while.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

This car rolled after passing through the speed trap at 117MPH. That is the driver in the foreground of the pic. Thank goodness for safety equipment.

The Sportsman class racers had a pretty good turnout.

The roof of my pile can be seen at the bottom of the pic. I only made one run and parked the car on the trailer. It has an issue that I have not fixed yet. Thought I had it fixed. But the first run revealed that I missed the issue.

The car show had a pretty decent turnout too. I didn't get a chance to walk the show.

All in all. It was a fun weekend. Hung out with Xevin, Xatie and the bus gang Friday night and Saturday after my car missed the races.
Xevin handed me an IPA. Very Happy

Pretty cool label if I can say so myself.

Anyway, it was a great time and I cannot wait for next years show to, hopefully come quickly.

There's never enough time to do it right the first time. But there's always enough time to do it thrice.
GFY's Xevin and VW_Jimbo!
Mark Evans Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 5:48 am    Post subject: Re: Northwest Bug Run - June 01, 2019 - Woodburn OR Reply with quote

As always, a great show. Overall, was a bit smaller than normal in the show and drag area, but swap ran to the end of the field, however sales seemed flat. My daughter sold home baked cookies and sold out!
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:18 am    Post subject: Re: Northwest Bug Run - June 01, 2019 - Woodburn OR Reply with quote

Mark Evans wrote:
As always, a great show. Overall, was a bit smaller than normal in the show and drag area, but swap ran to the end of the field, however sales seemed flat. My daughter sold home baked cookies and sold out!

Her cookies looked great. When I walked by she only had two flavors available. And she was on her way to another sale. $1.00 a package was a good deal! Very Happy

I did see one vendor that sold every single engine he had. To one buyer. Shocked It was close to 6 engines. So some did well and others did not.

We did have a Dave Salesky (KATU Wetherman) sighting. Dave owns a 68 autostick, sunroof. He was there with his daughters and appeared to have found a couple of goodies for his ride.

There's never enough time to do it right the first time. But there's always enough time to do it thrice.
frenchroast
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:45 am    Post subject: Re: Northwest Bug Run - June 01, 2019 - Woodburn OR Reply with quote

Saw some nice original bugs, ghias, and buses yesterday in the show, swap, and parking areas.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
frenchroast
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:18 am    Post subject: Re: Northwest Bug Run - June 01, 2019 - Woodburn OR Reply with quote

Here's a couple random race videos. The alcohol funny car, 11 sec Audi and bugs were cool but I enjoyed these, too.

This lady and her 67 were my favorite entry! She did great and such a nice car. I like the chirp into second!
https://youtu.be/lyW9X1UmvPY

This guy cracked me up. He put on quite the show including a huge smoky burnout. I don't know, he might need narrower rear tires or a traction bar though. Regardless, I'm sure he had a great time.
https://youtu.be/oDHJl5ZSCOk
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
stevemariott
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:22 am    Post subject: Re: Northwest Bug Run - June 01, 2019 - Woodburn OR Reply with quote

Mark Evans wrote:

I bought some of those cookies! They were good.

67rustavenger, I spoke with you briefly in the staging lanes about IDAs, but didn't introduce myself or have much to say - I just wanted to say hello. Here's a pic of your car at the light - my old friend Ryan in the foreground was taking photos all day, hopefully they show up somewhere.

My buggy is not 100% track ready yet, so I just put it in the show. I left early after my allergies became unbearable.

A few other photos:

frenchroast, here's that '67:

Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:52 am    Post subject: Re: Northwest Bug Run post show pics - June 2021 Reply with quote

Thank you for the pic.
That was the best part of the day The Golf driver was making a sandwich on the line when the green light lit. But after the 60' mark. He beat the crap outta me Twisted Evil

I still had a great time and it was nice chatting with you. If ever so briefly.

Hopefully there will be a Bug Run next year. RoseCity Volksters are finished with sponsoring the event.
I got this info first hand from a member of the club.

el roacho
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Northwest Bug Run post show pics - June 2021 Reply with quote

I heard this same thing ^ and it’s super sad to hear it is even a possibility the Bug Run may also end. First we lost the Rose City Bug-In which was a great show (don’t even get me started on German-PALOOZA! Rolling Eyes ) and now we could loose the Woodburn Bug Run too? The only other good VW show in Oregon? Woodburn is great, it will be really crappy if that ends now too! 👎🏼

No more good VW events in Oregon I guess.
Slimvest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:24 am    Post subject: Re: Northwest Bug Run - June 01, 2019 - Woodburn OR Reply with quote

frenchroast wrote:
Here's a couple random race videos. The alcohol funny car, 11 sec Audi and bugs were cool but I enjoyed these, too.

That funny car was LOUD. After listening to the noise levels of all the VWs, I wasn't expecting that. Nearly blew my ears out. I've never been to a top fuel drag before though.

It was great to get back to this show.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: