Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

1972 Porsche 914 value
Forum Index -> Porsche - 911/912/914 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
jeeper8219
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:29 pm    Post subject: 1972 Porsche 914 value Reply with quote

I am going to sell my 1972 Porsche 914 and was wondering what the value is. It isn't in the best of shape and does run. Shifting is worn out and needs the bushings replaced but it is a tail shift so probably not going to be great regardless but now its hard to get into the gear you want. Has surface rust in a lot of places and needs floor boards replaced as well as around the jack points. Needs a dash and seats had been reupholstered but the driver seat was left in the car, which was in a field, in the sun, and now is faded. Passenger seat is under the hood and some other things but I cannot remember what they are and could not get the hood open. I have had it open before but believe i need to press down on it while someone pulls the lever but my help is at the dog park with the dog. I was thinking of pricing it for $2500 obo but didn't want to price it too low/high. Thanks
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Starbucket
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:52 pm    Post subject: Re: 1972 Porsche 914 value Reply with quote

I would start at $5000 because if you look at the classifieds here and search 914 you will see prices of what others ask just be pre-paired dicker just know your bottom line and the car's condition.
jeeper8219
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 5:09 pm    Post subject: Re: 1972 Porsche 914 value Reply with quote

Thanks. I did look at some not long ago but most were in a lot nicer condition than the one I have and was hard to compare. I seen one for 4000 that was in a somewhat similar condition. Looked on FB marketplace a few times but rarely see anything.
Starbucket
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:30 pm    Post subject: Re: 1972 Porsche 914 value Reply with quote

Someone will want it at least for parts for their car so I guess the question is how bad do you want it gone and not really what it's worth. Put it out at 5000 and see if you get any bites.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Porsche - 911/912/914 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: