Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

What do you recommend for sideview mirrors?
Forum Index -> HBB Off-Road Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
liquidrush
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 11:39 am    Post subject: What do you recommend for sideview mirrors? Reply with quote

I've got a set of golf cart mirrors but they seem to vibrate excessively and can move around on me at speed. I've got a 1 1/2" tube frame.
baja5
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 2:44 pm    Post subject: Re: What do you recommend for sideview mirrors? Reply with quote

Check out the tube clamp style from Latest Rage. I have been running them on my Thing for years.
Mike E.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 4:36 pm    Post subject: Re: What do you recommend for sideview mirrors? Reply with quote

liquidrush wrote:
I've got a set of golf cart mirrors but they seem to vibrate excessively and can move around on me at speed. I've got a 1 1/2" tube frame.

I have these on 2 different cars

https://www.kartek.com/parts/kartek-offroad-hd-cla...rrors.html

I welded them on one of the cars, but I have a friend who has the same mirrors on his 4x4 and wanted the clamps so he could pull the mirrors in if he needed to get past an obstacle
liquidrush
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 3:49 am    Post subject: Re: What do you recommend for sideview mirrors? Reply with quote

I like these, what mirrors are those?

Mike E.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:09 am    Post subject: Re: What do you recommend for sideview mirrors? Reply with quote

liquidrush wrote:
I like these, what mirrors are those?

Did you click the link in the post? It will take you to the Kartek website which shows the mirrors and a price.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
dustymojave
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:18 pm    Post subject: Re: What do you recommend for sideview mirrors? Reply with quote

I recently bought a pair of these Latest Rage mirror brackets for 1.5" tube.
https://latestrage.net/mirrors-823/mirrors-and-bra...-5-details

I'd put up a picture, but their web page isn't cooperating right now. They have a variety of mounts. Go to any offroad supply for VW buggies or for UTVs and you'll find a selection of them.

The ones I bought are just a bar with a hole welded to a piece of half-tube to clamp on the cage. Much like what was shown in the post above, but simpler and lighter weight. And I've found the "roll bar" for the mirror really hasn't made any difference for me on protecting my mirrors. Might be good for light bush or tree branches. Not many of those in the desert.

I put a pair of 5" round mirrors on them. Flat glass on the left and convex on the right.

The mounts and mirrors all together with tax, license, registration, handling and dealer prep ... errr, you get the idea...cost little more at Nexgen Offroad than one mount as shown by Mike E. above. You get a choice of black, gold irridite zinc plated, chrome, or stainless steel.
Retired from building Bajas, Fiberglass Buggies and Rails in the Mojave Desert. Also Sprints & Midgets, Dry Lakes, Road Race cars. All types New and Vintage
SoCalBajas Member
Kicked Cancer's A$$...1st and 2nd round...Fight ain't over yet.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
72Pstroke
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2021 6:02 am    Post subject: Re: What do you recommend for sideview mirrors? Reply with quote

I bought a pair of Seizmik mirrors for my YXZ. They are a high quality piece and I think they come with an unlimited warranty.
They have brackets for mounting to round tube.

https://seizmik.com/product-category/mirrors/side-view-mirrors/
stevebaz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2021 12:51 pm    Post subject: Re: What do you recommend for sideview mirrors? Reply with quote

Take a look at these from rough stuff.

https://www.ruffstuffspecialties.com/MIRRORS.html
sailtexas186548
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:55 pm    Post subject: Re: What do you recommend for sideview mirrors? Reply with quote

Look at the UTV/SXS market also, I just bought a pair of these

https://www.scosche.com/atv-side-view-mirrors-baseclamp
earthquake
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:09 pm    Post subject: Re: What do you recommend for sideview mirrors? Reply with quote

I use 6" round wide angle spot mirrors from the truck stop, I can see almost 180° it seems like, they are on some angle iron mounts I made.

eQ
05 SCION XB SERIES RELEASE 2[#437]
95 Chevy C3500 dually
98 Ford E150
Link to Kelly J. Nolte 3/20/53 - 11/6/08
https://time-zonelabs.blogspot.com/p/about-kelly.html
DEATH TO CHINGERS!
[From a military recruitment poster in the novel "The Stainless Steel Rat" By Harry Harrison]
liquidrush
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:53 pm    Post subject: Re: What do you recommend for sideview mirrors? Reply with quote

I got the Kartek mounts and round mirrors but....which side would you put the convex mirror on? I thought I ordered two regular 6" mirrors but I got one convex and I'm undecided as to which side to put it on.
dustymojave
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:27 pm    Post subject: Re: What do you recommend for sideview mirrors? Reply with quote

Convex mirrors are typically mounted on the side away from the driver. Flat glass on the driver's side.

Doesn't mean it HAS to be done that way.

And since they are bolt on, you can try it one way and see if you like it. If not, then you can easily try the other way.
Retired from building Bajas, Fiberglass Buggies and Rails in the Mojave Desert. Also Sprints & Midgets, Dry Lakes, Road Race cars. All types New and Vintage
SoCalBajas Member
Kicked Cancer's A$$...1st and 2nd round...Fight ain't over yet.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
liquidrush
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:26 pm    Post subject: Re: What do you recommend for sideview mirrors? Reply with quote

I liked the convex so much I got another one so they're on both sides. I e got a great view now and vibration free. Thanks for the recommendations.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> HBB Off-Road All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: