Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Headlights
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
kubelmann
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few years ago the same thing happened to me with our Houston buddy. At first we had a great deal going and I was getting all kinds of great parts at a fair price. Then I got some rusty junk. Then I prepaid for some parts (that you eventually got me from our Bavarian buddy) I kept asking when the parts would arrive via email cell phone etc. and at one point our Houston buddy totally blew a fuse and went postal, sent back my money and told me to not bother him and that "I would be better off taking my business elsewhere." Have not heard from him since. He seem to run hot and cold. He is involved in a number of things and has one of the largest indoor collections of rare and vintage VW parts in perhaps North America. I fit right in. VW Thing people are all a little weird.

Last edited by kubelmann on Fri Apr 21, 2006 7:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ztnoo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like Bassoitis has become endemic among small parts suppliers....
Think
Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ozark23
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Headlights Reply with quote

reviving an old one here.....new thing owner, headlights work intermittently, left, then right, then NONE, Ive read about the switch, going to clean mine up with the relay.
Next ??, how in the Sweet Moses do you switch to Bright lights (this Thing is making me feel stupid) -my 65 split breaks all the time, but I can figure Shizz out.
Thanks
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
wbailey2112
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:54 am    Post subject: Re: Headlights Reply with quote

Pull back on the turn signal lever to switch from low beams to high beams. Should be an icon stenciled on the lever showing this function of the lever.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: