Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Bug guy that somehow managed to get a 911
Forum Index -> Porsche - 911/912/914 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
cj92345
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2020 12:41 pm    Post subject: Bug guy that somehow managed to get a 911 Reply with quote

Picked up a nice 1986 59kmiles 911 targa, learning as I go, I guess my main question now is can I park it for a couple weeks and leave the battery unhooked?
Thanks!
I’am sure I’ll have more questions
scottyrocks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2020 12:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Bug guy that somehow managed to get a 911 Reply with quote

Yeah, just park it inside.
cj92345
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2020 12:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Bug guy that somehow managed to get a 911 Reply with quote

Thanks, I guess my fear is it loosing idle memory or something like that
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:10 am    Post subject: Re: Bug guy that somehow managed to get a 911 Reply with quote

cj92345 wrote:

the 86 is a pretty basic car, no memory. Best if stored to keep a battery maintainer on it, and clean under the battery and install a battery acid absorbing mat. Also keep it in a dehumidified area. We have an 86 cab here that was stored in humidity and really ruined the car
peter66larson
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:58 am    Post subject: Re: Bug guy that somehow managed to get a 911 Reply with quote

Nice to know about the battery and acid problems with the humidity. I am thinking to get one of those cars, and collecting some ideas to keep it well.

Thanks because this one, was a good one, and I did not see it in any other source.

You're gonna meet some gentle people there ...

- Scott McKenzie -
GH85Carrera
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:42 am    Post subject: Re: Bug guy that somehow managed to get a 911 Reply with quote

cj92345 wrote:

The Carrera models (84 to 89) had a 4K computer chip for the fuel map. Later models went big with 8K computer. Most guys call Steve Wong, and get one of his chips which has a better fuel map. There is no memory or setting stored at all. No USB port not even a USB1 , no ABS, power steering, traction control or other fancy stuff.

Pelican Parts has a technical forum with everything about the air cooled 911s possible. Every question has been asked and answered a dozen time or more. It is a great site for the G body 911.

I hang out there a lot.

Welcome to the Porsche madness.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Porsche - 911/912/914 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: