Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

new dual port cylinder tins
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:34 am    Post subject: Re: new dual port cylinder tins Reply with quote

They look great!!! Did you do any testing on cooling comparing these tins to the aftermarket ones or the original German ones?

https://www.facebook.com/mofoco?ref=ts&fref=ts

www.mofoco.com

Cylinder Head Reference Sheet
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
b-man
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:37 am    Post subject: Re: new dual port cylinder tins Reply with quote

Email sent to preorder. Cool
johnnyvw164
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:57 am    Post subject: Re: new dual port cylinder tins Reply with quote

I think this is fantastic, and will definitely order a set when the time come. Face it, at some point in time, OEM stuff will be hard to find in good condition.

Remember: "The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long After the Sweetness of Low Price is Forgotten
texastomeh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:15 pm    Post subject: Re: new dual port cylinder tins Reply with quote

Guys,

I am interested in a set of these to use on my 1776 build instead of the set of sorta' beat-up SCATs used by the PO.

My build is using "new" MOFOCO 042 Cylinder Heads and EMPI Dual 40 HPMX Carbs with OFFSET MANIFOLDS.

Can you give me a "general feel" as to the fitting/grinding/trimming that will be required to make these work?

I realize that I will need the parts in hand to do the final tweaking, but would appreciate a "feel" for what is involved.

Cutting/grinding/fitting ain't really a problem since I had to do quite a bit to get the EMPI Fan Shroud to fit the AUTOLINEA BT case! Rolling Eyes

Thanx in advance for any help/comments/recommendations!!

STAY WELL!! Cool Cool

Tom

GETTING old was GREAT - BEING old SUCKS!!

Too bad that the guys that know how to solve all of the WORLD's problems are too busy working on old Volkswagens!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
volkaholic1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:36 pm    Post subject: Re: new dual port cylinder tins Reply with quote

well i do offer those services, theres are so many different manifolds out there, over several decades, i always have them send me 1 for mock up, only way to be sure,, these have the same fit as stock, so whatever yo ugot to to to VW tins, you would need to do to these

i do the empi bubble top case trimming all the time also

do it yourself, or i can, whatever makes sense
Lingwendil
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:56 pm    Post subject: Re: new dual port cylinder tins Reply with quote

Any idea on projected price?

Modify your Kadrons for SVDA http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8115884#8115884

Cast iron VJU4BR8 SVDA reference thread- https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...mp;start=0

Need replacement filters for original Kadron aircleaners? WIX #42087 is a perfect fit, as is Napa Gold #2087!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
volkaholic1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:02 pm    Post subject: Re: new dual port cylinder tins Reply with quote

you mean what did it cost me? actually not 100% sure yet, well hopefully less than what i am selling them for!
Lingwendil
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:06 pm    Post subject: Re: new dual port cylinder tins Reply with quote

I mean retail for us lowly consumers Smile

Modify your Kadrons for SVDA http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8115884#8115884

Cast iron VJU4BR8 SVDA reference thread- https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...mp;start=0

Need replacement filters for original Kadron aircleaners? WIX #42087 is a perfect fit, as is Napa Gold #2087!
volkaholic1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:09 pm    Post subject: Re: new dual port cylinder tins Reply with quote

well i am offering a 20% discount, so that means, once i have them in my hands the price will go up to

silver primer dual port tin set $150
silver primer dual port tin set + threaded inserts $154
satin black powdercoated dual port tin set $185
satin black powdercoated dual port tin set + threaded inserts $189
johnnyvw164
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:45 pm    Post subject: Re: new dual port cylinder tins Reply with quote

link to classifieds listing:

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2477466
texastomeh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:24 pm    Post subject: Re: new dual port cylinder tins Reply with quote

Guys,

Talk about "Just-In-Time- Inventory"!

I just received a set of Flaps and Thermostat from Clark (aka volkaholic1, aka Awesome Powdercoat) in today's (Friday, 6/11/2021) mail!

SOOOPER fast turnaround, since I only ordered on 6/02/2021!

Everything looks FANTASTIC! Flap assemblies black powder-coated, all new installation HW, and this set this set includes a NEW billows type thermostat that Clark fabricates.

Just need to see what I have to do to the EMPI fan shroud. Supposedly only need to drill few holes.

Would still appreciate any PROJECTED SPECIFICS that anyone might envision on the CYLINDER TIN MODIFICATIONS. If not, I will just go ahead and pre-order a set and do what I gotta' do!! Laughing Laughing

STAY WELL!! Cool Cool

Tom

GETTING old was GREAT - BEING old SUCKS!!

Too bad that the guys that know how to solve all of the WORLD's problems are too busy working on old Volkswagens!!
jeffrey8164 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:51 pm    Post subject: Re: new dual port cylinder tins Reply with quote

texastomeh wrote:
Guys,

I am interested in a set of these to use on my 1776 build instead of the set of sorta' beat-up SCATs used by the PO.

My build is using "new" MOFOCO 042 Cylinder Heads and EMPI Dual 40 HPMX Carbs with OFFSET MANIFOLDS.

Can you give me a "general feel" as to the fitting/grinding/trimming that will be required to make these work?

I realize that I will need the parts in hand to do the final tweaking, but would appreciate a "feel" for what is involved.

Cutting/grinding/fitting ain't really a problem since I had to do quite a bit to get the EMPI Fan Shroud to fit the AUTOLINEA BT case! Rolling Eyes

Thanx in advance for any help/comments/recommendations!!

STAY WELL!! Cool Cool

Tom

I’m using stock tin with CB Performance offset manifolds with no issue. However my 044 Super Mags were acquired in’94 and are round port not wedge or oval port.

“Let he that is without oil throw the first rod”
(Compression 8.7:1)
Busstom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:51 pm    Post subject: Re: new dual port cylinder tins Reply with quote

I got two sets comin Smile
Clatter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:14 pm    Post subject: Re: new dual port cylinder tins Reply with quote

evanfrucht wrote:
It's easy enough for the engine builder to trim them. If you have trouble trimming them you probably shouldn't be building an engine to begin with Twisted Evil Plus the best way to do it is trim based on the specific manifolds being used.

Yeah no shit, right?

Being a longtime hoarder of VW crap,
can tell you for certain that OG top tins in halfway-decent shape are getting rare indeed!

Thanks for stepping up and making these.
just slapped a set of battered OG tins on my last motor,
And now chasing a rattle that might just be from the holes all wallered out..

WAY better than using tin screws with the big washers underneath! Razz

What’s That Noise?!?
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:25 pm    Post subject: Re: new dual port cylinder tins Reply with quote

if I have to trim yours to fit my intakes thats a no sale. as I can trim the cheeper ones that Ive never had any issues with...once I make them ready to work. of coarse I would also have to make yours ready to work for me too. so... good luck. I do like thicker& stiffer.
Chickensoup
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:30 pm    Post subject: Re: new dual port cylinder tins Reply with quote

mark tucker wrote:
I do like thicker& stiffer.

thats what she said
'66 RIP
'69 RIP
Hosea 4:6 "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge"
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:07 am    Post subject: Re: new dual port cylinder tins Reply with quote

I wouldnt be bragging on what she tells you..... Shocked d'oh! Popcorn just messen with you kid!!!
Busstom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2021 11:13 pm    Post subject: Re: new dual port cylinder tins Reply with quote

Anyone get their tins yet? On 7/23 I was told "about a month out."
jeffrey8164 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2021 4:10 pm    Post subject: Re: new dual port cylinder tins Reply with quote

I’m still waiting as well. I ordered them back in June.
I pretty much forgot about them till now.
Thanks for the reminder.
Hopefully this person has some integrity.

“Let he that is without oil throw the first rod”
(Compression 8.7:1)
Busstom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2021 5:16 pm    Post subject: Re: new dual port cylinder tins Reply with quote

Thanks for chiming in, good to know.

Probably just supplier delays, hopefully the production units are as well-made as the prototypes they produced to secure the contract. Wink
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: