Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

1963 Type 34 Parts
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Type 3 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
ALLWAGONS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:22 am    Post subject: Re: 1963 Type 34 Parts Reply with quote

Bobnotch wrote:
pedro sainz wrote:
JVetter wrote:
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

OK NOW you got my Attention 👍😁

Pacific Blue ???
Or Polar Blue

Very Nice
I Agree with Eric and Reay

Just clean it up

If you want the Correct and Complete Upholstery
Let me Know

And Again Just Clean it up 👍😁🍺

What are the 4 lug drums off of? Was your dad planning on doing a trans swap? If that's the engine the car came with, then either someone swapped out the single carb for duals. Or it's a later car (64). :

I may be wrong, but no slash lower trim and no cat eye mirror may indicate an early ‘64.

I recycle old cars and parts, other than when I rot, that's as Green as I am going to get.

Thanks to my Tesla driving neighbors, I feel more relaxed driving my SUBURBAN and old VW's.

NON INFLUENCER APPROVED
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
pedro sainz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:28 pm    Post subject: Re: 1963 Type 34 Parts Reply with quote

ALLWAGONS wrote:
Bobnotch wrote:
pedro sainz wrote:
JVetter wrote:

OK NOW you got my Attention 👍😁

Pacific Blue ???
Or Polar Blue

Very Nice
I Agree with Eric and Reay

Just clean it up

If you want the Correct and Complete Upholstery
Let me Know

And Again Just Clean it up 👍😁🍺

What are the 4 lug drums off of? Was your dad planning on doing a trans swap? If that's the engine the car came with, then either someone swapped out the single carb for duals. Or it's a later car (64). :

I may be wrong, but no slash lower trim and no cat eye mirror may indicate an early ‘64.

Compadre
Cat’s Eye Mirror is a 1962 ONLY on T34s 😁

ALL 1963 on T34s use Beauty Rings and Smooth Rims

Just SAME as 1964 as Type 3s

That’s a Difference from T34s and T3s

ALL T34s were S models and Luxurious

1962 T34s Only use Lemmerz Rings😁
N.O.N.A member #3
The Truth is Out There
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
JVetter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:50 am    Post subject: Re: 1963 Type 34 Parts Reply with quote

Gents,
Been offline a few days due to work...

It is definitely a 63. My Dad bought it in Germany and it's a one-owner car. I have both original owner's manuals.

The engine was rebuilt just before before storage so it doesn't need to be rebuilt per se. Only question is what sitting around for two decades has done. Fortunately it has been in a garage attached to the house the entire time and covered by plastic and two other layers of tarp.

I finally got a manual for a type 3 that should translate when it comes to the drivetrain and will be seeing what parts I need, if any. My Dad is meticulous about things and I saved all the loose parts. First in goes the transmission, then the engine. If I run into a stumble you can bet I'll hope online. Will also post pictures as I make progress.
Jason37
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:10 pm    Post subject: Re: 1963 Type 34 Parts Reply with quote

I am not an early T34 guru or any T34 for that matter, and they may have offered the dual carbed motor earlier then they did in the standard models or maybe even in a late 63 build. What do the brake hubs look like? Early cars have the pinwheel wide 5 style drums and late ones have the bigger star wide 5.

Early drum

So many variations on these cars and knowing exactly what you have will help when you are ordering parts. for example throttle cables are shorter for the single carb models, which is what you would get if you ordered strictly on year, same goes with brake parts, (wheel cylinders, shoes, drums, inner bearing and seals)

The motor for my 63 (October of 62 build) is a single carb and has smaller (narrower) cylinder tins and the front deflectors are a bolted on

You can search your VIN number here to see what month and year your car was produced. New model year started in August of the previous year and ended in July)

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/archives/info/serialnumberst3.php

Hopefully this info will help you as you move forward with the car as nothing is worse than waiting weeks (sometimes months if you live north of border) for parts to arrive to find out you've ordered the wrong thing. Also please post up some more pics as it is a lovely car and most if not all that visit this forum would be more than happy to have.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ALLWAGONS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:32 pm    Post subject: Re: 1963 Type 34 Parts Reply with quote

we have the same car. "63 pacific blue, Painted red and white. Mine is restroyed.

I recycle old cars and parts, other than when I rot, that's as Green as I am going to get.

Thanks to my Tesla driving neighbors, I feel more relaxed driving my SUBURBAN and old VW's.

NON INFLUENCER APPROVED
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Type 3 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: