Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Aircooled.net - [email protected]
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29, 30  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: [email protected]
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: February 10, 2023
DurocShark
Samba Member

Location: Crappy town in a crappy state. But the beach is nearby, so I have that going for me.

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2021 4:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Aircooled.net - [email protected] Reply with quote

Sorry, John. I tried.

I appreciate everything ACN has done for the community. But a backorder with no communication and no response to emails isn't cool.

*Order placed 4/17/2021 for cam and lifters
*Lifters shipped 4/21/2021
*Email to ordercare asking for ETA on 4/23
*Follow up email to ordercare on 5/2
*Email to [email protected] on 5/13
*Since no response to any of that I emailed ordercare and customerservice asking to cancel my order today, 5/18

I have no idea if they will even cancel the order. Sad

So a month after placing the order, and weeks after asking for an ETA with zero response... I think I've been more than patient, and trying to honor what John et al have done for us.

But I need to build the @#$@%T^ engine!

Emailed Car Craft. They responded in an hour saying they had my cam on the shelf. I ordered it and some other things and this afternoon got the ship notification. (Yeah, I know, it could be a day or two before it actually gets handed off to FedEx, but still.)

THAT is how you do business.

And just for proof:

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

aircoolednetoffice
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2021 10:57 am    Post subject: Re: Aircooled.net - [email protected] Reply with quote

Hello Don,
We are sincerely happy for you that you located the cam you were wanting in stock somewhere. We are also sincerely sorry that we were a source of disappointment for you. We know that a month can feel like a long time when you are eager to work on your project, but unfortunately backorders and delays of many months are now frustratingly common, and we are deluged with requests for items for which the suppliers, manufacturers, and importers keep telling us "sorry, unknown ETA".

We try to answer every email that we receive in some semblance of a timely manner. But that said -- email volume is now quadruple what it was back in "normal times" a year ago. In the case of the emails that you posted, that thread you had sent in April was entirely snagged by our spam filter, so we had not seen them. Due to being so short-staffed for such a long time, we no longer have a person available to routinely scour through our spam folder on a regular basis to retrieve the few that get caught there.

When you emailed us yesterday to tell us to cancel your backorder, you did so in a NEW email thread that DID reach our inbox, and we replied within a few hours to confirm that we had made the cancellation as instructed.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

We are sincerely sorry for the delays and any disappointment or frustration our inability to provide normal or prompt service may have caused you. Our small company has, admittedly, struggled  to cope with and recover from the various supply-chain problems, employee issues, and economic fallout from Covid changes. The larger, more volume-oriented retailers in our industry have been able to weather the economic challenges better than us, so we will understand if people prefer to support and transact with them as a result. But we are still committed to overcoming the challenges and impacts on our business so that we can continue and get back to serving the hobby aircooled VW community to the service levels that we had been able to uphold for the 20+ years prior to this unusual time.

Sincerely
Stephanie
Aircooled.Net Customer Care
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2021 11:04 am    Post subject: Re: Aircooled.net - [email protected] Reply with quote

For you guys wondering "why don't they simply scan their SPAM folder for the real e-mails?"

We were the first online VW parts store in the World, and so have had an internet presence longer than anyone. The result of that history is that we get around 100k SPAM e-mails a month. So we'd have to scan around 3k messages a day (7 days a week) to keep on top of it. It's simply not practical.

Please do NOT send me Private Messages through the Samba PM System (I will not see them). Send me an e-mail to john at aircooled dot net

"Like" our Facebook page at
http://www.facebook.com/vwpartsaircoolednet
and get a 5% off code for use on one order for VW Parts ON OUR PARTS STORE WEBSITE, vwparts.aircooled.net
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ManFromNapa
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 10:25 am    Post subject: Re: Aircooled.net - [email protected] Reply with quote

I LOVE ACN! They have always provided great service and technical advice! That's why I still buy from them.

However, recently I too have found it hard to get ahold of them. Something I ordered is on backorder, which I understand. It's the last thing I need to start my build. I've been trying to reach them to ask about a suitable replacement, but no reply.

Between COVID, and the tanker that got stuck in the Suez Canal EVERYONE is struggling! I'll continue to be patient, and stay loyal to ACN, but right now I'm just being grumpy....

Check out my band, Thru The Haze
http://www.thruthehazeband.com/
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Twitter Gallery Classifieds Feedback
db69
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 6:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Aircooled.net - [email protected] Reply with quote

Just want to say this about ACN and John I have bought from them for several years with zero problems I have also learned as much or more from reading the product descriptions on his website as I have from this forum. I believe John is an honest man that tries hard to answer the thousands of questions from his customers as well as fill their orders. Look at any other part suppliers site do any of them give the lengthy description of their parts that ACN does? Nope. Will they answer your questions in a timely manner with an honest solution even if it means they will lose the sale of a part you really don’t need? John will . You may not like his answer but if you ask he will tell you. It is posted clearly on his site that they are having difficulty sourcing parts etc. ACN has been a trusted source of info for me as well as many others for years I hope things get better for them soon and want to thank them for all the free info they have shared with the vw community as Im sure they have saved us $$$ and lost $$$ by being honest and forthcoming with info others hope you won’t find. Be PATIENT with them please!
Dave
Samba Elder

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2021 11:36 am    Post subject: Re: Aircooled.net - [email protected] Reply with quote

what he said ^^^^ Hang in there, John and Channa... you'll get through this

"Those that matter, don't mind,
and those that mind, don't matter"
ManFromNapa
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2021 12:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Aircooled.net - [email protected] Reply with quote

db69 wrote:
Just want to say this about ACN and John I have bought from them for several years with zero problems I have also learned as much or more from reading the product descriptions on his website as I have from this forum. I believe John is an honest man that tries hard to answer the thousands of questions from his customers as well as fill their orders. Look at any other part suppliers site do any of them give the lengthy description of their parts that ACN does? Nope. Will they answer your questions in a timely manner with an honest solution even if it means they will lose the sale of a part you really don’t need? John will . You may not like his answer but if you ask he will tell you. It is posted clearly on his site that they are having difficulty sourcing parts etc. ACN has been a trusted source of info for me as well as many others for years I hope things get better for them soon and want to thank them for all the free info they have shared with the vw community as Im sure they have saved us $$$ and lost $$$ by being honest and forthcoming with info others hope you won’t find. Be PATIENT with them please!

I agree! For anyone having trouble with getting ahold of them, start a new thread and change your subject line. I did tried that yesterday and got through to them.

Check out my band, Thru The Haze
http://www.thruthehazeband.com/
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Twitter Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Clatter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:45 am    Post subject: Re: Aircooled.net - [email protected] Reply with quote

I hope this gets sussed out.

John has certainly done more for us than any other vendor out there.
No other site has offered to give the real story of parts and their quality.
Just his wideband and tuning info has been priceless..
They have been my go-to for parts for at least 15 years now.
Only if they don't have something will i go somewhere else.
Yeah, they cost a bit more on some things, but real input and advice are worth it.
I'm in a position now where i can afford to pay more.
Still, having something be twice the price of other places is hard to stomach sometimes.

It's gotten really bad lately..
Nothing on backorder has ever shown up in the last several orders i made.
No follow-up was done at all, even after i tried to e-mail.
This is usually a sign that a place is trying to get out of the business;
They'll sell stock on-hand but not stuff they order wholesale - to make sure they don't get stuck with it.

The ONE time i ordered the wrong thing in many years, an RMA hasn't been issued months later.
None of my e-mails have been answered..
Yeah, spam sucks. I deal with it professionally. There are solutions, good ones, too.
It's been part of being in business for a long enough time now that they have this stuff pretty much all worked out.

Things are starting to open up.
Pretty soon (hopefully) the government won't be paying people to stay home.

Here's hoping aircooled.net gets their issues sorted out and can start taking the great care of customers they always did.
Unfortunately, many of their customers will be gone by then.
I had been the most faithful puppy for so long,
but go straight to other sites now.
Can't just put my hobby on hold..

Ac.net has turned into a black hole far as i can tell.

Crying or Very sad

What’s That Noise?!?
Shane Tuttle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Aircooled.net - [email protected] Reply with quote

I understand frustrations with Aircooled.net. I waited for a long time for Panchito heads. Yes, emails weren't answered for some time. Yes, at the time of ordering my heads, it showed they were in stock...only to find out a few days later they weren't and I was on standby. After a few months, I decided to cancel my order. Will I still consider ordering from John in the future? Absolutely!

Look. I know others rely on vendors to provide parts ASAP in order to satisfy their customers. You can't keep business flowing by telling your customer he/she has to wait for months to have quality parts. I get it. I really do.

But let's flip the coin. If you don't take into consideration for future purchases with reputable small businesses that REALLY care for the VW community, you're going to end up with Big Box style vendors that supply inferior parts. That's the BOTTOM line.

John spent over 30 minutes on the phone providing advice on my VW restoration while he was traveling. I may have bowed out on the heads. But I will be buying from him in the future. Guys like him are burning candles at both ends. You may feel dismayed on your order during unprecedented times that are out of his control. But it's NOTHING compared to not supporting small businesses in some shape or form, they close their doors, and we're left with cheap garbage for parts and little, if any, technical support.

In short; suck it up. Give John and other small businesses a break. Always keep them in mind when you need quality parts and technical help.
DurocShark
Samba Member

Location: Crappy town in a crappy state. But the beach is nearby, so I have that going for me.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Aircooled.net - [email protected] Reply with quote

I don't expect Amazon service from a specialty supplier.

I *DO* expect communication.

That's the only place where ACN fell short in my experience.

As an IT Director for a mid sized company, I understand the struggles with email communications. However, there are many inexpensive solutions out there to help control the flood of spam and scams. No reason to lose customers over a terrible spam filter.
DurocShark
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Aircooled.net - [email protected] Reply with quote

DurocShark wrote:
I don't expect Amazon service from a specialty supplier.

I *DO* expect communication.

That's the only place where ACN fell short in my experience.

As an IT Director for a mid sized company, I understand the struggles with email communications. However, there are many inexpensive solutions out there to help control the flood of spam and scams. No reason to lose customers over a terrible spam filter.

Also, a proactive approach to communication with customers would eliminate the spam filter issue altogether. If I'd been told, "We're having trouble getting this widget. We're told it will be X number of days..." I wouldn't have batted an eye. But I didn't get that. Apparently others have been wanting similar communications as well.

John, take these comments from myself and others as constructive criticism. We *WANT* you to succeed. We *WANT* you around! Let us give you our money!
Clatter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Aircooled.net - [email protected] Reply with quote

If you're going to continue to do business with them, here's a tip;
Don't bother with back-order, It'll never show.

Only buy things they show (after processing your order) as in-stock and shipped right away.
Cancel the rest of your items on back-order and shop elsewhere.
This sucks because you don't find out what's on back-order until after you order.
And they don't say what's on back-order on the site..
And they don't tell at the time of order about lead times..
And they don't answer if you e-mail them to ask..

Haven't gotten shipped hardly anything on backorder in the last year.
Used to be that it would trickle in later..
That was always OK for me because I really like John and Stephanie and ac.net.
It's usually OK for me to wait when I'm working on my own or friends' junk..

But if it never shows up,
I feel kind of 'had' for waiting around in good faith for months,
Putting off my projects being faithful to this one company.

While CIP1 is known for selling a lot of China junk,
They have very quickly shipped everything i ordered.
They list on their site up-front if availability is spotty,
They don't hide when they can't get you the crap you order,
And they answer e-mails..

I'm such a big fan of ac.net,
I'd been putting off my projects waiting patiently for months for shit that never showed.

Couple of friends i referred are a bit miffed at me lately as well.
Always gave a stump speech about supporting local business and all..
Lesson learned.

What’s That Noise?!?
JDMbeetle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Aircooled.net - [email protected] Reply with quote

[email protected] wrote:
You didn't "pay" squat. We don't charge the CCs until we ship the part. We are one of the few vendors who obey CC rules about this. It's a violation of CC policy to charge before you ship.

ManFromNapa wrote:
I LOVE ACN! They have always provided great service and technical advice! That's why I still buy from them.

db69 wrote:
Just want to say this about ACN and John I have bought from them for several years with zero problems I have also learned as much or more from reading the product descriptions on his website as I have from this forum.

I have an idea, John is there a way to add a tipping feature to ACN so we can support you because of the knowledge you have provided? I would gladly chip in.
TXHCBeetle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Aircooled.net - [email protected] Reply with quote

Contacted John today....talk about a disappointment. Terrible customer service skills, acts like you're bothering him, wouldn't answer product related questions. When I asked if I was to purchase the item, if he would be more forthcoming and less vague....he lost his ish. Wont be getting ANY my business.....👎🏻
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Aircooled.net - [email protected] Reply with quote

If you didn't get an answer I either

Didn't see the question

Or it was a stupid question, without enough information to answer it properly. If you ask a 1 sentence question expect a 1 sentence answer.

Also, I had one guy last week bitch me out because it had been 4 days since he sent his question, and didn't have an answer. I answered, but it was 4 days after he sent the question, because IT WAS CHRISTMAS. He took exception to that and gave me shit, so I probably told him to go fuck himself. I don't need that sort of attitude.

If you have a good attitude and are greatful, I'll bend over backward for you. If you "expect" me to help you and treat me as such, you can pound sand. I deal with a few wankers a week, and have since 1993 when I started helping people on the Internet.

Nobody has an "obligation" to help you. If you view that people do, you are a total loser with that sort of attitude. Ask nice, and IF someone helps you, be thankful for it. But to whine about someone not helping you is pathetic. If you bought something and didn't recieve help after that's one thing, did you? Society is fill with cryababies like this nowadays, it is pitiful.

Supporters I love you! Remember that.

Please do NOT send me Private Messages through the Samba PM System (I will not see them). Send me an e-mail to john at aircooled dot net

and get a 5% off code for use on one order for VW Parts ON OUR PARTS STORE WEBSITE, vwparts.aircooled.net
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
TXHCBeetle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2022 7:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Aircooled.net - [email protected] Reply with quote

[email protected] wrote:
If you didn't get an answer I either

Didn't see the question

Or it was a stupid question, without enough information to answer it properly. If you ask a 1 sentence question expect a 1 sentence answer.

Also, I had one guy last week bitch me out because it had been 4 days since he sent his question, and didn't have an answer. I answered, but it was 4 days after he sent the question, because IT WAS CHRISTMAS. He took exception to that and gave me shit, so I probably told him to go fuck himself. I don't need that sort of attitude.

If you have a good attitude and are greatful, I'll bend over backward for you. If you "expect" me to help you and treat me as such, you can pound sand. I deal with a few wankers a week, and have since 1993 when I started helping people on the Internet.

Nobody has an "obligation" to help you. If you view that people do, you are a total loser with that sort of attitude. Ask nice, and IF someone helps you, be thankful for it. But to whine about someone not helping you is pathetic. If you bought something and didn't recieve help after that's one thing, did you? Society is fill with cryababies like this nowadays, it is pitiful.

Supporters I love you! Remember that.

I began my inquiry with "Hello John" and ended my questions with "thank you"

Maybe my idea of being polite is different than yours...and you're right, you don't owe me shit, but I also don't owe you my business. Happy New Year...
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2022 8:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Aircooled.net - [email protected] Reply with quote

yet you skip over all the stuff in between, right?

Remember when people used to just leave the party? Now they have to announce to everyone that they are leaving. LOL

TXHCBeetle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2022 10:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Aircooled.net - [email protected] Reply with quote

Look, perhaps you've had a bad day...and it isn't fair that you have an entire thread here to allow anyone to bash you... I wouldn't like that very much either. I get that dealing with customers can be annoying and frustrating. But remember, without customers, a business can't exist. I think you could be even more successful if you worked on your customer service skills a bit. It can't hurt, it can only make you more money 👍🏻
downsbs1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2022 12:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Aircooled.net - [email protected] Reply with quote

I'm on week four of a 2-3 week wait for an exhaust system. It is my first and looking like my last attempt to do business with them.

In six days I've sent four emails and left a voicemail, no response. I'm so disappointed in their customer service, I know they have been around for a long time.

I do get that they get a lot of spam mails, yeah, you've been around online selling parts for a long time. If it's that much of an issue, start doing business over the phone too.

I'm still hoping that someone gets back to me so I don't have to cancel my order and have wasted a month waiting.

Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad
downsbs1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2022 1:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Aircooled.net - [email protected] Reply with quote

I just cancelled the order. Reading these reviews and John's responses made me pull the trigger. How do you talk to customers like this and stay in business??? John, I think you can do and be better, and you should!!!!

Horrible....
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29, 30  Next
Jump to:
Page 28 of 30

Jump to: