Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

many thanks to all who post here
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
dt single cab
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:26 pm    Post subject: many thanks to all who post here Reply with quote

I have owned a 70 Bay single cab since 2011 and have come here for help and information since I have owned it. I have just completed a 3 year restoration project that started out just to repair the rusted panels in the treasure chest area! You all know how it goes, once you open the box, where do you stop? Any way I couldn't stop and do something half assed, wasn't brought up that way and I am a tradesman who spent 45 years in the construction field to become a master of my craft. There are many masters who help out here and I am very grateful to you all, Ratwell, Tcash, Bussdaddy to name a few thank you all for all your help and the education and encouragement through the process. I also want to thank The Samba.com, I am very grateful there is a platform available for all of us VW junkies out here and I would be more than lost with out your help. I just posted up my girl Myrtle for sale, its time to get back to gardening and I wanted to let you all know how grateful I am for you taking your time to help this lost fool, bless you all and keep up the great work always!! dt[/img]
LazyLightning75
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:20 pm    Post subject: Re: many thanks to all who post here Reply with quote

Amen to that. Y’all have probably kept more busses on the road than you realize. Never did I imagine that when I bought my bus I’d become my own mechanic.
ImAddicted
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:39 am    Post subject: Re: many thanks to all who post here Reply with quote

I could not agree more. The wealth of knowledge and general generosity that exists here is extraordinary, and extends far beyond just the VW stuff. I belong to a number of forums, outside one or two others, none of them come close to what is here. I've learn something every time I pop on, even if it isn't related to what my "needs" are, eventually it comes back around and I'm like "wait, I know this, I saw it in a thread..." There's so much here that is more than "buy this" or "tab A into slot B," there's theory, research, accurate documentation, and a genuine sense of friendship. Ray Greenwood even helped me clean a stain off the wife's leather purse Smile.

The success of the Samba (and a hearty thanks to Everett for creating and maintaining it) is something that many forums seem to miss: it knows what it is, why it is here, and has passionate members. The mods across all subforums are not only knowledgeable, they are inobtrusive yet keep the place safe and running smooth. In this specific subforum, thanks to MrBreeze and Brian for all you do.

I would speculate that the number of people and VWs this site - along with Ratwell, again, thank you Mayor - have helped goes far, far beyond the member numbers. Just this morning on another forum (non-VW), there was a discussion about 14" LT tires and availability. Most of the answers were less than helpful, so I posted a link to the tire sticky along with some recommendations.

I've made friends - both in person and virtually - that make my day a little better. You can't knock that. Ultimately, what Everett started would have not become THE source of ACVW information without the members. Thank you, all of you, for being here and sharing.
Original condition, which means something different on this forum than anywhere else!
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:05 am    Post subject: Re: many thanks to all who post here Reply with quote

ImAddicted wrote:

I would speculate that the number of people and VWs this site - along with Ratwell, again, thank you Mayor - have helped goes far, far beyond the member numbers.

it's funny because i'm a member of other groups/forums and sometimes a lot of people shit on the samba....you know "samba prices" or "samba snobs" but the real kicker is not only does this site probably have the most traffic....anyone in a bind always links info from here on their miserable forum/blog/social media

i've met some fantastic people here and in person because of this site. all in all TS is hands down the best site out there

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:
most VW enthusiasts are stuck in 80's price land.

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
ToolBox
Samba Member

Location: Detroit, where they don't jack parts off my ride in the parking lot of the 7-11

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:52 am    Post subject: Re: many thanks to all who post here Reply with quote

skills@eurocarsplus wrote:

it's funny because i'm a member of other groups/forums and sometimes a lot of people shit on the samba....you know "samba prices" or "samba snobs" but the real kicker is not only does this site probably have the most traffic....anyone in a bind always links info from here on their miserable forum/blog/social media

i've met some fantastic people here and in person because of this site. all in all TS is hands down the best site out there

Not only the best VW site but probably the best all around intigrated automotive site. When I was at Autoweek for a short time they were in the process of coming up with what they thought was going to be the benchmark of automotive sites. In the meeting after they described what they were dreaming about I pulled up thesamba.com. That was a virtuial mic drop for EB. They fired their evelopers shortly after and never really got their site to what they wanted.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Manfred58sc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:40 pm    Post subject: Re: many thanks to all who post here Reply with quote

By FAR the best in every way .
pgtips
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:57 am    Post subject: Re: many thanks to all who post here Reply with quote

same, could not have got my bus on the road without it.

Trim ring info here -> http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=559668
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=451210
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=479721
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jlrftype7
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:09 am    Post subject: Re: many thanks to all who post here Reply with quote

I agree, it’s the level of depth that always impresses me. Posts, photo galleries, archives of brochures and sales info, copied technical manuals across a wide range of models.
2017 MINI Coopers, our current DDs
‘84 Tin Top - Hilga....Auto
oscarsnapkin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:08 am    Post subject: Re: many thanks to all who post here Reply with quote

I have an old Mustang I that I was doing some research on a few years back. I tried using what is apparently the largest Ford/Mustang site. It was total garbage. Unorganized, hard to search and constantly being bombarded with ads. TS should be used as a benchmark for any forum/user based site. There would be a lot less VWs on the road without it.

"It’s so easy to laugh, it’s so easy to hate, it takes strength to be gentle and kind."
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: