Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

1972 choptop fastback BUG
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Forum Index -> Body/Paint Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
VizionCustoms
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 9:10 pm    Post subject: Re: 1972 choptop fastback BUG Reply with quote

Well true facts are Life happens!! I have 2 jobs ( collison shop blue print estimator and contract out for vehicle inspection during the week) and work on my Vizion Customs dream on the weekends, Lattly I have been doing custom wood and metal fabrication.
No the car is not dead. It is in my shop waiting for me to gather the funds to make it the way she is ment to be. This car has been a dream of mine for some time and I have planed out just about every step and cuts that I will need to do and the steps I will need to take. Next I need to build a hoist to be able to rais and lower the bug body up and down multiple times for proper fitment. But I have picked up an 2006 wrx that i will be using for the underside and suspension, brakes, and drive train. As well as some other small goodies that will be added to truely make it a one of a find or a 1st of its kind.

I have also been kicking around the idea of using carbon fiber on some of the car parts, But i have not used carbon fiber before. I have used fiberglass, but not carbon. So I am currently in the process of making a mold for my custom 5.5 gallon gas tank on my 2004 Honda VTX 1300 pro street, That i will be able to then make a full carbon fiber gas tank. This will be a true test of if i will be adding this to my tool belt of skills. But I also have about 30 orders for cutting boards and a few butcher blocks that are needing to be make. So like i said life happens. But my dreams will never die.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Busstom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:58 pm    Post subject: Re: 1972 choptop fastback BUG Reply with quote

I hear ya man, I've let life get in the way of my Bus for 29 years now. Snowboarding, 4x4's, motorcycling, a house, and a 9-month bout with throat cancer. Now that I've recently lost my mother to cancer, it's high time to get my project back on the ground and rolling, lest I die before my dream does. I've had this Bus for 34 years now, safe to say it's not leaving my grip any time soon.
Busstom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:01 pm    Post subject: Re: 1972 choptop fastback BUG Reply with quote

jmmj wrote:
Well after all this time i wasn't holding my breath. Just thought i'd throw it out there because it was looking pretty interesting.

Cheers Busstom.

_mike_

Cheers mate! It's been over a year and a half since I've checked into this thread Smile
VizionCustoms
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:11 am    Post subject: Re: 1972 choptop fastback BUG Reply with quote

Busstom wrote:
I hear ya man, I've let life get in the way of my Bus for 29 years now. Snowboarding, 4x4's, motorcycling, a house, and a 9-month bout with throat cancer. Now that I've recently lost my mother to cancer, it's high time to get my project back on the ground and rolling, lest I die before my dream does. I've had this Bus for 34 years now, safe to say it's not leaving my grip any time soon.

Sorry to hear about your mom. Cancer sucks, its has taken to many loved ones. One nice thing about time is, it has given me time to think about how to build what I want and what to I need to have to make it happen. A roadap/ blueprint of what to do and how.

And gather the founds to make it all happen. Lol.

Last edited by VizionCustoms on Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:17 am; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Busstom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:10 am    Post subject: Re: 1972 choptop fastback BUG Reply with quote

VizionCustoms wrote:
Busstom wrote:

Sorry to hear about your mom. Cancer sucks, its has taken to many loved ones. One nice thing about time is, it has given me time to think about how to build what I want and what to I need to have to make it happen. A roadap/ blueprint of what to do and how.

And gayher the founds to make it all happen. Lol.

Thank you TS Logo
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Body/Paint All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: