Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Horn boot / installation tip
Forum Index -> Ghia Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
VWLIMO
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:15 am    Post subject: Horn boot / installation tip Reply with quote

Like many others I spent much time attempting to get the horns into the rubber boot. By the time you get one in your grip is shot and you need to take a break. By doing this tip I installed the second one rather quickly. First, install the nut on to the mounting stud. After you get the horn into the boot and get it orientated the way you want, clamp the bolt into a vice so the face and back of the horn is perpendicular to the floor. Now you can grab the boot with both hands and pull the boot evenly over the back of the horn. A little lubricant like hand cream helps.
crocteau
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:12 am    Post subject: Re: Horn boot / installation tip Reply with quote

👌👍🏼 As they used to say, necessity is the mother of invention. Wink Your approach is familiar to me, especially the "take a break" part Laughing
rbsurfguy
Samba Member

Location: Fairfax, Northern Virginia Formerly Huntington Beach, SoCal

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Horn boot / installation tip Reply with quote

I'm more a lubricant like hand cream kinda guy! Shocked

See my build on The Samba at:
Jeff's 71 Vert Restoration/Reassembly http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6...highlight=
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Ghia All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: