Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Dennis Collins panel van score
Page: 1, 2, 3  Next
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
HMVWNAB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:50 pm    Post subject: Dennis Collins panel van score Reply with quote

https://youtu.be/tNNo39iezt4
ach60 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Dennis Collins panel van score Reply with quote

I've been watching Dennis Collins' Coffee Walk Video's for about 3 months.
But I was really surprised that he was going after a VW.
He is a Jeep guy, runs Collins' Brothers Jeeps, and really is Jeep Nerd, which I'm saying as a complement.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Graysvws
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:23 am    Post subject: Re: Dennis Collins panel van score Reply with quote

I hear there’s an episode coming soon with some guys attempting to fix it on the spot and drive it back to the east coast.
‘67 Mustang Fastback
‘82 Jeep Scrambler
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
campingbox Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:17 am    Post subject: Re: Dennis Collins panel van score Reply with quote

Cool bus.

Hope they don’t clear coat it.
widehatch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:49 am    Post subject: Re: Dennis Collins panel van score Reply with quote

it will be for sale soon
1970PAKombi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Dennis Collins panel van score Reply with quote

Neat panel and a great story. Hopefully he treats it well and does it correctly
Graysvws
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Dennis Collins panel van score Reply with quote

Dennis has already sold it.
‘67 Mustang Fastback
‘82 Jeep Scrambler
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
HMVWNAB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 6:09 am    Post subject: Re: Dennis Collins panel van score Reply with quote

ach60 wrote:
I've been watching Dennis Collins' Coffee Walk Video's for about 3 months.
But I was really surprised that he was going after a VW.

Found a pic I had of a bus he acquired in 2019 he had for sale for around 40K as I recall.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

kafer60
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 5:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Dennis Collins panel van score Reply with quote

It has semaphores, what a shame Dennis Collins got a hold of it.
"The hardest part about business, is minding your own"
widehatch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2021 7:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Dennis Collins panel van score Reply with quote

Saw on Instagram where the new owners got this bus running and are driving it 1200 miles home. Im sure the new owners will tell the rest of the story.
Graysvws
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2021 6:11 am    Post subject: Re: Dennis Collins panel van score Reply with quote

widehatch wrote:
Saw on Instagram where the new owners got this bus running and are driving it 1200 miles home. Im sure the new owners will tell the rest of the story.

I just saw your comment while we’re actually in Memphis haha. The bus has done amazing so far. Awesome city.
‘67 Mustang Fastback
‘82 Jeep Scrambler
BulliBill
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:17 am    Post subject: Re: Dennis Collins panel van score Reply with quote

So where are you now? And where are road trip photos? We are all waiting!

Bill
Thornton VW - Stockton

Thanks for any help!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
crukab
Samba Chef

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Dennis Collins panel van score Reply with quote

kafer60 wrote:
It has semaphores, what a shame Dennis Collins got a hold of it.

Got to agree, just a semi-famous flipper, who uses a borrowed lame catch phrase... Rolling Eyes

My Pops:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=604100&highlight=
I know you will always be with me, rest in peace with no more pain. 8/13/14.....

In the yard right now:
'51 Dodge 5 window truck
'65 Bug
'66 Singlecab
'82 Rabbit Truck Diesel from CALI Smile
'86 Doublecab W/T
'91 Vanagon carat/wolfsbrg.Tiico
'88 Dodge Ram pickup
'11 Jetta Wagon
Graysvws
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Dennis Collins panel van score Reply with quote

BulliBill wrote:
So where are you now? And where are road trip photos? We are all waiting!

Bill

Just passed through Nashville, Tn. I have posted some stuff on my Instagram @graysvws and Facebook Grayson McGill. My friends have also videoed a lot of the journey that will be posted to YouTube once the trip is over
‘67 Mustang Fastback
‘82 Jeep Scrambler
69aircooled
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Dennis Collins panel van score Reply with quote

Just passed Nashville. Don’t guess you’ll make Herbies Place tonight! Wink

Safe travels.
Graysvws
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 7:20 am    Post subject: Re: Dennis Collins panel van score Reply with quote

Very low mile, original paint, logos etc ‘59 panel my buddies and just dug up and drove 1138 miles home after being parked since ‘72.

‘67 Mustang Fastback
‘82 Jeep Scrambler
Graysvws
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 7:22 am    Post subject: Re: Dennis Collins panel van score Reply with quote

There will be a YouTube video out soon of the trip. Hope you guys find it interesting.

‘67 Mustang Fastback
‘82 Jeep Scrambler
Okie Adam
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 5:18 am    Post subject: Re: Dennis Collins panel van score Reply with quote

I can't stand Dennis Collins long enough to watch the video and see the history of the bus but what I find interesting about this bus from the pics friends have shared with me is that it appears to be a legit Euro bus with a KM speedo and semaphores but logoed for a US business. Now don't jump on me, I understand cars were imported and used and blah blah blah. I'm simply saying that it is interesting to me that it survived in this condition without having turn signals added or a speedo swap done (or at least one of those km/mph stickers added to the face) at some point like so many other euro cars. I mean, trash those trucker mirrors and give it a scrub and this is an awesome survivor!

I hear the OG motor is still with the bus too? It has the far back shifter so is it a split case trany and is it still in there?
62 Single Cab
66 21window
67 so42
76 Westy
64 Karmann Ghia
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
widehatch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 6:30 am    Post subject: Re: Dennis Collins panel van score Reply with quote

Okie Adam wrote:
I can't stand Dennis Collins long enough to watch the video and see the history of the bus but what I find interesting about this bus from the pics friends have shared with me is that it appears to be a legit Euro bus with a KM speedo and semaphores but logoed for a US business. Now don't jump on me, I understand cars were imported and used and blah blah blah. I'm simply saying that it is interesting to me that it survived in this condition without having turn signals added or a speedo swap done (or at least one of those km/mph stickers added to the face) at some point like so many other euro cars. I mean, trash those trucker mirrors and give it a scrub and this is an awesome survivor!

I hear the OG motor is still with the bus too? It has the far back shifter so is it a split case trany and is it still in there?

you just might have to watch the video to have all your questions answered.
Okie Adam
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 6:54 am    Post subject: Re: Dennis Collins panel van score Reply with quote

widehatch wrote:
Okie Adam wrote:

you just might have to watch the video to have all your questions answered.

Not worth it Laughing Laughing Laughing
62 Single Cab
66 21window
67 so42
76 Westy
64 Karmann Ghia
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: