Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

What's on your GW waiting list that is currently out of stock??
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gnarlodious Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 8:33 pm    Post subject: Yakima Low Rise 1A tower extenders Reply with quote

SOLD!

Last edited by Gnarlodious on Fri May 07, 2021 6:27 pm; edited 3 times in total
dhaavers
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 5:57 am    Post subject: Re: What's on your GW waiting list that is currently out of stock?? Reply with quote

skills@eurocarsplus wrote:
...i'm the guy that has a cable randomly break at the worst possible time...

For god's sake, I think you should immediately put that spare cable to good use for a
double-parallel-inevitable-if-not-eminent-emergency-back-up-failure-proof install...???

PS: Please document and post for critique.

<shrug> Wink

- Dave

PPS: I carry a spare cable, too... Embarassed Laughing

<EDITED TO PROTECT INNOCENT PIXELS>
WestyWanter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:49 pm    Post subject: Re: What's on your GW waiting list that is currently out of stock?? Reply with quote

I'm currently wanting...

-Rear bumper w/ hitch mount for my Honda z50
-Swing away tire carrier
-Then the extension to the swing away to hold other goodies.

GW said on a IG post that they just got a few bumpers in so fingers crossed!
Abscate Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:53 am    Post subject: Re: What's on your GW waiting list that is currently out of stock?? Reply with quote

This humour interlude brought to you by the big book of Jewish humour

How much for a distributor cap?

GW $9.99

>Bus Depot has them for $8

GW..so buy from Bus Depot

> bus depot is out of distributor caps

GW > Nu? When I’m out, I also sell at $8
AndyBees
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:59 am    Post subject: Re: What's on your GW waiting list that is currently out of stock?? Reply with quote

During my High School years, I worked at rather large mom & pop supermarket. Occasionally, we would run out of an item due various reasons. The Boss/Owner would give me a $100 bill, tell me to take off my apron and go to one of the competitors and buy all they had on the shelf.

Then, we would remove the competitors price and put on our price, which was generally cheaper. He did not want his customers to be inconvenienced.

I'm not saying Bus Depot or GW should do that, but something as simple as a dizzy cap which is generally replaced quite often (and mostly unnecessary) should be something that they keep in ample supply.....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
DLJ
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:46 am    Post subject: Re: What's on your GW waiting list that is currently out of stock?? Reply with quote

I just bought and recieved sliding rear window from bus lab. installed and fits perfect.
Syncronoid
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:44 am    Post subject: Re: What's on your GW waiting list that is currently out of stock?? Reply with quote

Vanagon Swing Away Carriers just came back in stock after being pushed out, twice, to July 16th.
leecat
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:12 am    Post subject: Re: What's on your GW waiting list that is currently out of stock?? Reply with quote

Window seals FINALLY came back into stock last week - ordered instantly. Every vendor has been out for the longest time. If you live in Canada, GoWesty's shipping options are basically unaffordable - lots of stuff I'd like but can't justify doubling the price once you count shipping. Small box with USPS is easily almost $70, and if you ship UPS the UPS guys sting you massive brokerage fees that push it even higher than that, just because they can. I limit my orders to once or twice a year.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
harvgwen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:21 am    Post subject: Re: What's on your GW waiting list that is currently out of stock?? Reply with quote

Leecat, for GoWesty parts in Canada, email Barry at at Werke 1 in Richmond BC. They are a Canadian dealer for GW and their prices seem to be not much more than the US to CAD conversion, and shipping costs are internal Canadian prices with no “brokerage” fees. I’ve ordered a number of items from them already and have found them to be great to deal with.
leecat
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:38 am    Post subject: Re: What's on your GW waiting list that is currently out of stock?? Reply with quote

Oh hey - thanks for the tip, Harvgwen! Greatly appreciated, will try! Smile
harvgwen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:32 pm    Post subject: Re: What's on your GW waiting list that is currently out of stock?? Reply with quote

I’m not sure why GW isn’t advising their Canadian customers of Werke 1. I’m new to Vanagons and my first order came with the usual cross border banditry from the shipping company. Shortly thereafter I learned of Werke 1 and have been very happy with them.
harvgwen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:03 pm    Post subject: Re: What's on your GW waiting list that is currently out of stock?? Reply with quote

https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/dm-md/d10/d10-15-20-eng.html

The above link is also a good one for Canadians with older vehicles to know. Parts that are for (and are specifically for) a vehicle that is more than 25 years old are actually duty exempt. I have a 58 year old Land Rover that I of course sometimes need parts for. The seller will stamp this on the shipping carton, "Tariff Item 9966.00.00, parts for vehicle over 25 years old, duty exempt".
The shippers still sometimes charge you their ridiculous "brokerage fees" anyway, but this helps at least some of the time.

Rock Auto is the only parts seller that (as far as I know) has shipping to Canada figured out. They charge you Canadian duty upfront (never an exhorbitant amount). They must also have an agreement with their shippers to never charge the customer another cent. I've used them for a number of years with no glitches.[/url]
oceanair
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:22 pm    Post subject: Re: What's on your GW waiting list that is currently out of stock?? Reply with quote

There are no brokerage fees if you use the postal system...
erste
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:49 pm    Post subject: Re: What's on your GW waiting list that is currently out of stock?? Reply with quote

DLJ wrote:
I just bought and recieved sliding rear window from bus lab. installed and fits perfect.

Yes! Ordered. Thanks for the heads up.
Irishcalifornian
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:59 am    Post subject: Re: What's on your GW waiting list that is currently out of stock?? Reply with quote

DLJ wrote:

Sliding rear window from bus lab? Do you mean side sliding window?
I did a search on Bus Lab and could not find it.
erste
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:04 pm    Post subject: Re: What's on your GW waiting list that is currently out of stock?? Reply with quote

Irishcalifornian wrote:
DLJ wrote:

Sliding rear window from bus lab? Do you mean side sliding window?
I did a search on Bus Lab and could not find it.
https://www.buslab.com/product-p/253847766.htm
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: