Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Interior Quarter Template - 1969 Coupe
Forum Index -> Ghia Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
dkbryant
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:51 pm    Post subject: Interior Quarter Template - 1969 Coupe Reply with quote

I am doing my own interior and need to make the interior quarter panels. I am recovering from a knee injury and still not nimble enough to crawl in and take the measurement myself, to reach over the wheel well. I have searched the forum and cannot find mention of a template available. I would be very grateful if someone has a panel they are willing to trace / measure, so I can make the panels. I am planning to use fiber board for my panels. I will gladly pay shipping for the tracing to be sent to me, along with a bonus for your time and effort.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
kiwighia68
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:03 am    Post subject: Re: Interior Quarter Template - 1969 Coupe Reply with quote

dkbryant wrote:
I am doing my own interior and need to make the interior quarter panels. I am recovering from a knee injury and still not nimble enough to crawl in and take the measurement myself, to reach over the wheel well. I have searched the forum and cannot find mention of a template available. I would be very grateful if someone has a panel they are willing to trace / measure, so I can make the panels. I am planning to use fiber board for my panels. I will gladly pay shipping for the tracing to be sent to me, along with a bonus for your time and effort.

I may be able to help - I have a '68 coupé - since I plan to take all the panels out to install more sound-deadening. Are you looking for a template of the quarter window panel (the one below the quarter window), or the one behind the wheel arch (in the luggage compartment)? The latter is difficult to get to and I might just have an original lying around.

Chris M
dkbryant
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:20 am    Post subject: Re: Interior Quarter Template - 1969 Coupe Reply with quote

Hi Chris (kiwighia68),
My car did not have any interior panels when I purchased it, so don't know if it's 1 piece or 2. I want to cover from the edge of the doors -> back to the firewall of engine compartment. I was planning to cut it all as one piece, but I could make it 2 pieces.
Thanks -
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
kiwighia68
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:27 am    Post subject: Re: Interior Quarter Template - 1969 Coupe Reply with quote

dkbryant wrote:
Hi Chris (kiwighia68),
My car did not have any interior panels when I purchased it, so don't know if it's 1 piece or 2. I want to cover from the edge of the doors -> back to the firewall of engine compartment. I was planning to cut it all as one piece, but I could make it 2 pieces.
Thanks -

It's definitely 2 pieces. One fits under the quarter window and the other back towards the engine-firewall. The latter is a bit of a devil to get to. I'll see what I can do later in the day (the sun's not up yet here) and send you a photo or 2 first. I don't think you'll be able to make a one-piece panel as the one fits flush against the body under the quarter window - with clips to hold it in place - and the other some way back around the wheel arch. The 2 rear panels are not mirror images of each other as the one on the R (passenger side for LHD car) has an indent for the warm air tube going towards the rear window.
dkbryant
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Interior Quarter Template - 1969 Coupe Reply with quote

Chris,
I would appreciate what ever you can send for the 2 rear panels that are not mirror image, as said in my original post - I am recovering from a knee injury and not able to climb in the back area. Thanks -
kiwighia68
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Interior Quarter Template - 1969 Coupe Reply with quote

The panels look like this:

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

They are not upholstered in the original but most Sambanista cover them in the same material used for the door panels and quarter-window panels. The curved part fits over the wheel arch and the narrow end towards the rear. As I said earlier, the panel with the indent goes on the right hand side of the car and the heater tube fits in that indent.

I can make templates for you. Please PM me your address and I'll have them in the post by Wednesday.

Chris M
dkbryant
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Interior Quarter Template - 1969 Coupe Reply with quote

A tracing/template on plain paper would be great! Do you also have the section below the window?
I'll PM you my mailing address.
If there anything that we have here in South Louisiana that I could send to you as repayment of this favor, let me know and I'll do my best to get it to you.

Thanks -
kiwighia68
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Interior Quarter Template - 1969 Coupe Reply with quote

dkbryant wrote:
A tracing/template on plain paper would be great! Do you also have the section below the window?
I'll PM you my mailing address.
If there anything that we have here in South Louisiana that I could send to you as repayment of this favor, let me know and I'll do my best to get it to you.

Thanks -

I'll do the quarter window panel too. My pleasure.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Ghia All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: