Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Mid engine Notch Speedster getting more updates...
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30, 31, 32  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Type 3 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jason37
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Mid engine Notch Speedster getting more updates... Reply with quote

Praying for no miss shifts. 🙏
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vwfye
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Mid engine Notch Speedster getting more updates... Reply with quote

Haha, lots of missed shifts.

But... 9.42 1/8 was the best e.t. For a sweep the floor engine on 87 octane and 1850lbs, I'm ok with it. Stock T3 gearing too...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vwfye
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Mid engine Notch Speedster getting more updates... Reply with quote

Officially track retired... cruiser time now.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vwfye
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:23 am    Post subject: Re: Mid engine Notch Speedster getting more updates... Reply with quote

Started taking measurements for the cruiser engine mounting plate.
vwfye
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2021 8:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Mid engine Notch Speedster getting more updates... Reply with quote

Long overdue modification today.

Since the speedster's beginning, the large engine cover has been held on by bolts. This made removal for servicing slow and replacemenf slow. It worked well, but was annoying. Fast forward 25 years or so and now it is held by hood pins. 30 seconds to remove! The sad part is... I have had a set of hood pins hanging on a hook for more than a decade. Doh!
Bobnotch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 11:16 am    Post subject: Re: Mid engine Notch Speedster getting more updates... Reply with quote

I guess that means the red Notch must be pretty close to track ready. Cool
64 T-34 Ghia...aka Wolfie, under construction... http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=412120
Tram wrote:
"Friends are God's way of apologizing for relatives."
Tram wrote:
People keep confusing "restored" and "restroyed".
vwfye
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Mid engine Notch Speedster getting more updates... Reply with quote

That's a new one for me... built a new shifter for my midengine notchback! Now to tear it back apart, paint and lube the different parts and install it for real!
vwfye
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Mid engine Notch Speedster getting more updates... Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

vwfye
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Mid engine Notch Speedster getting more updates... Reply with quote

After adjusting the cable lengths a bit, the shifter slack seems to be minimal now. Next is sorting the throw on the slave cylinder. The new unit, is shorter than the failed one. Grrr... no wonder the clutch action is on/off.
vwfye
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Mid engine Notch Speedster getting more updates... Reply with quote

Today is the day to re-engineer how the slave cylinder is mounted. Maybe, just maybe, I will be satisfied with the result...
vwfye
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2021 10:17 am    Post subject: Re: Mid engine Notch Speedster getting more updates... Reply with quote

Well, things are taking a new turn. I have, in the works, the possibility of adding a lift off hard top to the car after years of dreaming of doing it.

This has now turned from a 'long term' project to an 'extremely long term' project, but if it works out like I see it in my mind's eye, it will be worth it!
Bobnotch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2021 5:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Mid engine Notch Speedster getting more updates... Reply with quote

vwfye wrote:
Well, things are taking a new turn. I have, in the works, the possibility of adding a lift off hard top to the car after years of dreaming of doing it.

This has now turned from a 'long term' project to an 'extremely long term' project, but if it works out like I see it in my mind's eye, it will be worth it!

Yeah, that's Rob's plan too. But he has so many irons in the fire, that it'll be years before that happens. Right now he still has an Acura to strip and give him the needed front end parts for his K-20 swap on his 98 Civic. Then he can concentrate on finishing up the 98, so he can go back to working on the "Pile".
It doesn't help when he plans to do something, only to find out his wife already had something else for them to do. d'oh!
64 T-34 Ghia...aka Wolfie, under construction... http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=412120
Tram wrote:
Tram wrote:
Mike Fisher
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2021 12:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Mid engine Notch Speedster getting more updates... Reply with quote

I hated the lift off roof on my Corvette and installed a soft top that I loved for its versatility!
two 57 oval ragtops sold
'68 Karmann Ghia sold

Society is like stew. If you don't keep it stirred up you end up with a lot of scum on the top! - Russ_Wolfe/Edward Abbey
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vwfye
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2021 12:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Mid engine Notch Speedster getting more updates... Reply with quote

and?
Mike Fisher
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2021 1:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Mid engine Notch Speedster getting more updates... Reply with quote

vwfye wrote:
and?

You guys should build convertible soft tops not permanent monstrosities. Wink
two 57 oval ragtops sold
'68 Karmann Ghia sold

Society is like stew. If you don't keep it stirred up you end up with a lot of scum on the top! - Russ_Wolfe/Edward Abbey
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Bobnotch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2021 1:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Mid engine Notch Speedster getting more updates... Reply with quote

Mike Fisher wrote:
vwfye wrote:
and?

You guys should build convertible soft tops not permanent monstrosities. Wink

I tried that a few times on my own car, but it never worked quite like I wanted it to. I ended up parting the car out to myself for the most part, and decided to put my time and energy into my sunroof car instead. Wink
Tram wrote:
Tram wrote:
vwfye
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2021 7:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Mid engine Notch Speedster getting more updates... Reply with quote

Well1, if it doesn't work, it doesn't.
vwfye
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2021 1:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Mid engine Notch Speedster getting more updates... Reply with quote

24 hour bomber run coming in a couple weeks to obtain my roof. Woot!
Mike Fisher
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2021 10:33 am    Post subject: Re: Mid engine Notch Speedster getting more updates... Reply with quote

vwfye wrote:
24 hour bomber run coming in a couple weeks to obtain my roof. Woot!

That sounds good!
two 57 oval ragtops sold
'68 Karmann Ghia sold

vwfye
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2021 1:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Mid engine Notch Speedster getting more updates... Reply with quote

Well, this will be an adventure! I now have to add a side trip to Vegas. So, Roseburg to Hesperia to LV to Roseburg is the plan. Oh, in 3 days max. The things we do for these cars! Doh Brick wall
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Type 3 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30, 31, 32  Next
Jump to:
Page 21 of 32

Jump to: