Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

VW Trends Customer Support and Feedback
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
DanLeadbetter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2021 2:45 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Trends is BACK! Reply with quote

Stock Steve wrote:
Just placed my order for a subscription! Very exciting! Good luck with the venture, Dan!

Thanks Stock Steve!

Can't wait to hear what you think of the new magazine! We've been getting some very positive feedback, and I'm looking forward to hearing yours.
DanLeadbetter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2021 2:49 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Trends is BACK! Reply with quote

jvulich wrote:
I got hosed by whoever owned the title back in 04 after sending in my check for 2 more years that never came and I was already a subscriber to Street Rodder which was the only other title they had that I was interested in. Once I recover from Bugorama I'll start a new subscription and give it a chance.

Hey jvulich,

I hear you. What the publishing company didn't wasn't right and a slap in the face to all the loyal readers that paid their corporate salaries over the years. Just to let you know, we're four guys who used to work at VW Trends back in the 80s/90s, and thought the magazine died an early horrible death by neglect. Thank you for giving it another chance, I'm REALLY interested to hear what you think when you get the first issue. Hope you recover from the BOR soon, and can't wait for your feedback.
overboost
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:25 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Trends is BACK! Reply with quote

Front cover back in the day of VW Trends. Huntington Beach surf rat. Man I was young...

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Last edited by overboost on Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:29 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:28 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Trends is BACK! Reply with quote

overboost wrote:
Front cover back in the day of VW Trends. Man i was young...

Let's hope there's not a repeat of this Wink

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Abscate Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:20 am    Post subject: Re: VW Trends is BACK! Reply with quote

Yeah, I want to see at least 350 HP o get up in the morning

And $3.98 in Canada? Where’s the love?
wheel607
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:21 am    Post subject: Re: VW Trends is BACK! Reply with quote

Zundfolge1432 wrote:
Dear VW trends, go fuck yourself. You cheated me out of a two year subscription and sent me some fucking magazine I didn’t ask for then stopped that too. I’ll never buy your magazine, stick it where the sun don’t shine.

Couldnt have said it any better myself! WHY is PRIMEDIA on your front cover?
DanLeadbetter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:16 am    Post subject: Re: VW Trends is BACK! Reply with quote

wheel607 wrote:
Zundfolge1432 wrote:
Dear VW trends, go fuck yourself. You cheated me out of a two year subscription and sent me some fucking magazine I didn’t ask for then stopped that too. I’ll never buy your magazine, stick it where the sun don’t shine.

Couldnt have said it any better myself! WHY is PRIMEDIA on your front cover?

Hey wheel607,

Not sure why you are re-commenting on a post that was made back on March 24th, I guess you forgot you had already commented on it back then. Again, that was the publishing company that did that to the subscribers, NOT the magazine. It really was a bum deal for the people that upped their subscription and then got hosed when the company cancelled the magazine.

As far as your question about Primedia being on the cover, I'm not sure what you are talking about. Can you please add some more clarity?
DanLeadbetter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:33 am    Post subject: Re: VW Trends is BACK! Reply with quote

overboost wrote:
Front cover back in the day of VW Trends. Huntington Beach surf rat. Man I was young...

Hey overboost!

I may be mistaken, but I think that was never the cover of VW Trends, but rather the catalog cover for Johnny's Speed & Chrome. I'll have to go back and check the archives and see, although we did do a lot of covers like that back in the day so they kinda run together after awhile.

And Glenn, don't worry, those days have passed. We're up to something new and better. Stay tuned!
wheel607
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:13 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Trends is BACK! Reply with quote

[quote="wheel607"]
Zundfolge1432 wrote:

Just making sure as you are doing......repetition.....how many times do we have to listen to your same old tired crap about a NEW VW Trends. Now you are up to 8 pages.
sportin-wood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:13 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Trends is BACK! Reply with quote

Just subscribed - looking forward to the mags!
"Relax, all right? My old man is a television repairman. He's got this ultimate set of tools. I can fix it." --- Jeff Spicoli
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
DanLeadbetter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:22 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Trends is BACK! Reply with quote

Hey sportin-wood!

Thanks for subscribing and the support. Can't wait to hear your feedback on the first issue!
DanLeadbetter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:28 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Trends is BACK! Reply with quote

wheel607 wrote:
Just making sure as you are doing......repetition.....how many times do we have to listen to your same old tired crap about a NEW VW Trends. Now you are up to 8 pages.

Hey wheel607,

How long? Well, I guess as long as people are asking questions or commenting, I'll keep answering their questions or thanking them. Thank you for doing your part in keeping this thread on top, you've been one of the top contributors! Thanks again, I appreciate it!
overboost
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:27 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Trends is BACK! Reply with quote

DanLeadbetter wrote:
overboost wrote:

Hey overboost!

I may be mistaken, but I think that was never the cover of VW Trends, but rather the catalog cover for Johnny's Speed & Chrome. I'll have to go back and check the archives and see, although we did do a lot of covers like that back in the day so they kinda run together after awhile.

Definitely the cover. I think it was in 1983 but I have a copy at home. When I get back from Watkins Glen, I'll dig into my scrap binder and find it.
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:30 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Trends is BACK! Reply with quote

DanLeadbetter wrote:
And Glenn, don't worry, those days have passed. We're up to something new and better. Stay tuned!

Electric?

The Tesla Model S Plaid just ran a 9.24 1/4 mile Wink

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Stockholm VW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:30 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Trends is BACK! Reply with quote

Glenn wrote:
overboost wrote:
Front cover back in the day of VW Trends. Man i was young...

Let's hope there's not a repeat of this Wink

Ha! I just bought this issue on @Bay just for the Ruby Red ‘66 article. 😂🤣
DanLeadbetter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:11 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Trends is BACK! Reply with quote

Hey overboost!

Quote:
Definitely the cover. I think it was in 1983 but I have a copy at home. When I get back from Watkins Glen, I'll dig into my scrap binder and find it.

I stand corrected, you are 100% right! It was May of 1984. Forgive my oversight (welcome to old age)
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:27 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Trends is BACK! Reply with quote

8 pages that’s not enough you can do better😀keep whipping it. It’s new, it’s different. Get it now baby. I think you need to buy Snorklestang and make that your official VW Trends staff car.
Abscate Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:27 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Trends is BACK! Reply with quote

Glenn wrote:
DanLeadbetter wrote:

Electric?

The Tesla Model S Plaid just ran a 9.24 1/4 mile Wink

And it has an app to make the “vroom vroom” sound

No wind up toys for me, thank you. Plus I can’t drive a car with an IUD hood emblem.
vwinnovator
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:13 am    Post subject: Re: VW Trends is BACK! Reply with quote

I just got a Hotvw's subscription for $34.97..less than $3 an issue.
Thought I'd give a vw magazine another try ( 12! at a cheap price)

Been over 5yrs since having a subscription and nothings really changed..
-same old advertisers, same old articles, cars that have already been all over the internet.
Flipped through it for about 10-15min and nothing really popped that made me think I was glad to subscribe again.

Not really sure how VWT will offer anything "different" other than a name on the cover.

-cars that nobody know about?
-different advertisers?
-secret information thats not avail everywhere already?
-less expensive costs with more exclusive never seen before content?

I'm sure there will be a place for the new venture for some people..
But then again... Telephone books were thing for a while as well...
Mickey bitsko
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:33 am    Post subject: Re: VW Trends is BACK! Reply with quote

Don't need a magazine if we have Samba worldwide , and we do Laughing
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Jump to:
Page 8 of 13

Jump to: