Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Show your battery related accessories and collectibles
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Forum Index -> Accessories/Memorabilia/Toys Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
AlanInMass54
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Show your battery related accessories and collectibles Reply with quote

I've got one of these also! Was in a local Craigslist ad for 20 bucks. The guy lived near where I worked and even dropped it off! It's been up on that shelf ever since.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Hacksaw-BoB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Show your battery related accessories and collectibles Reply with quote

OK . . . Not to date myself . . . . . but I was drafted into the US Army 1969 and was stationed in Schwäbisch Gmünd,
Germany for 2 years. That is when I came upon a 1949 Hebmüller VW Cabrio, 14-00258, and I was able to acquire it.
Shipped it back to San Diego, CA, restored the VW and enjoyed the ride for 27 years. During that time and now,
I have always been involved in the Vintage VW arena.

So, when I acquired the 1949 Hebmüller VW Cabrio, 14-00258, looking under the rear fold up seat, the 6 volt battery
had been disconnected. Laying next to the battery, there was a spanner wrench and a battery cable puller tool.
I kept those tools with the VW. Over the years, I realized that those tools were actually some old school tools from Germany.
They were a little rusty, some corrosion, dull, grease and grime. So recently, I gave them a good cleaning and wire brush
to bring back the life into them !!

So here you have an "old school Germany" GEDORE Puller & ROBERT BOSCH Spanner from perhaps the 1950s or Question Question Question

http://www.VintageVolkswagenModels.com

Collector of Vintage VW Toys

BoB's Restor-Version Shop
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Richard Roth
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Show your battery related accessories and collectibles Reply with quote

Six volt battery cover from my Empi GTV with an Economotors battery check sticker !

1966 Empi GTV MKIV
1954 Kabriolett Beetle
1953 Porsche 356 1500S
1957 Cable brake standard model
1962 cable brake standard model
1956 23 window Samba
1960 Austin Healey 3000
1961 Corvair Greenbrier
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Wolfsburg Classics
Banned

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Show your battery related accessories and collectibles Reply with quote

Some NOS Bosch Battery Terminal Grease,from the early fifties,the first time opened in its original cardboard and grease proof paper.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
IN2VWS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:31 am    Post subject: Re: Show your battery related accessories and collectibles Reply with quote

Ok, it's not old, but I still think it is cool. A battery charger, works on 6 and 12 volt.

⨴⨵--⊗--⨴⨵ 𝕊ℙ𝟚¹⁹⁷³
𝟵_𝟭_𝟰¹⁹⁷³
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Accessories/Memorabilia/Toys All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: