Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

VW Trends Customer Support and Feedback
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:58 am    Post subject: Re: VW Trends is BACK! Reply with quote

I know you’ve absolved yourselves of any responsibility to the thousands of subscribers that got shafted. It’s easy to pass that off on some bad people that came before you.

It would have been far better to make some attempt to identify those subscribers and offer them some kind of olive branch to restore faith. Barring that make a clean break and go with a new name, why use something tainted?

The money I lost about 40 dollars isn’t going to make or break me but it’s the principle of the thing and obviously it’s lost on you Dan.
DanLeadbetter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:04 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Trends is BACK! Reply with quote

Hey Zundfolge1432!

I hear what you are saying, and I get you got burned by the publishing company that burned people 16 years ago. I think it's just plain wrong what the publishing company did. Plain and simple. Again, you have to remember that none of the people involved in the new VW Trends were around when that went down (even Everett mentioned that earlier in the thread).

All of the subscriber information, archives, marketing materials, and everything else was thrown away, looted, or destroyed. So there's absolutely no way of knowing or any documentation of who was wronged. Again, it's not right, and I get your bitterness, I really do. I'd feel the same way.

The only way to make it right (as I've mentioned numerous times in this thread), is to make VW Trends Magazine the best possible publication I can, that serves the widely varied interests of the VW community. That's why we adopted the "older" 80s style logo, rather than the one they had when it was killed.

I'm not expecting this answer to in any way pacify or resolve the bitterness and anger you hold toward the magazine, nor am I expecting you to subscribe or support the magazine, since you've already told me to "go fuck myself". Nor am I offended or mad at your comments, you are 100% entitled to feel how you feel.

I am glad that we live in a country where freedom of speech is still allowed.
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:22 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Trends is BACK! Reply with quote

DanLeadbetter wrote:
Hey Zundfolge1432!

I hear what you are saying, and I get you got burned by the publishing company that burned people 16 years ago.

Dan,

What Jim is saying is that the "brand" is tainted and maybe a fresh name would of been better.

BTW, not sure if you know there is a Volkswagen Trends based in Poland.
https://trends.com.pl/

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
DanLeadbetter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:58 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Trends is BACK! Reply with quote

Hi Glenn!

I get the "tainted" image thing. Early on, I thought about doing a different name, and even kicked around a few ideas for a new name. But nothing sounded right, and didn't resonate with where I wanted to take the publication. The market research we did all came back to the same conclusion: VW Trends was the magazine name people wanted to see come back.

We think it was the right decision, as we're gaining between 20 to 50 new subscriptions every day. So the numbers aren't lying, and we made the right call. And not just in the US, we've got subscribers from Japan, Brazil, the Netherlands, Canada, and the UK (we've gotten 5 requests from people wanting to be our distributor overseas). To be honest, it's a little overwhelming how positive the response has been and the support people are showing.

re: Volkswagen Trends; I've seen that mag, and it's actually really good. I like what they're doing and how they present their content. I've seen all of the other mags you've mentioned in earlier posts (Air Mighty, Volks World, etc) yand the comments about the quality of them ... and you are right; they have a some amazing content! My goal with VW Trends isn't to compete with any other magazine out there (even Hot VWs) at all ... we just want to make a party we'd want to go to and if others want to come along, everyone is invited!

Thanks for your input, and it is always welcomed!
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:31 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Trends is BACK! Reply with quote

Dan to be honest it’s all water under the bridge. Perhaps I’m wrong to stay tied to decisions made all those years ago. So I’m gonna leave it back there and move forward. I’m going to renew my subscription and give it a fair chance because when you cut through all the bullshit I’m a VW guy 😀
Chickensoup
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:49 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Trends is BACK! Reply with quote

question. ive read about 12 or 13 copies of hot vw's, and wasnt that impressed.

for those of you who have bougnt this mag or the old ones, or even air mighty, would you say its better? like can you learn much from them?

thanks
'66 RIP
'69 RIP
Hosea 4:6 "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:11 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Trends is BACK! Reply with quote

Chickensoup wrote:
question. ive read about 12 or 13 copies of hot vw's, and wasnt that impressed.

for those of you who have bougnt this mag or the old ones, or even air mighty, would you say its better? like can you learn much from them?

thanks

Start here
DanLeadbetter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:47 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Trends is BACK! Reply with quote

Zundfolge1432 wrote:
Dan to be honest it’s all water under the bridge. Perhaps I’m wrong to stay tied to decisions made all those years ago. So I’m gonna leave it back there and move forward. I’m going to renew my subscription and give it a fair chance because when you cut through all the bullshit I’m a VW guy 😀

I don't think you're "wrong" at all. And I really do get it man. I've held grudges and hatred against people for YEARS. I finally realized that, at least for me, holding a grudge/hatred/unforgiveness against someone/something was like me drinking poison hoping the other person/thing would die.

And you are 100% right, we're all here for the same reason... we love Volkswagens and also the people that love them too. Thank you for giving VW Trends another chance, and I really am interested in hearing your feedback. It's important to me! Thanks again!
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:45 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Trends is BACK! Reply with quote

DanLeadbetter wrote:
Zundfolge1432 wrote:

I don't think you're "wrong" at all. And I really do get it man. I've held grudges and hatred against people for YEARS. I finally realized that, at least for me, holding a grudge/hatred/unforgiveness against someone/something was like me drinking poison hoping the other person/thing would die.

And you are 100% right, we're all here for the same reason... we love Volkswagens and also the people that love them too. Thank you for giving VW Trends another chance, and I really am interested in hearing your feedback. It's important to me! Thanks again!

That’s a nelson Mandela line. You only get to use it if you did 27 years in prison without being charged with anything

Very Happy
teetime
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:31 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Trends is BACK! Reply with quote

Looking forward to seeing the "2.0" version. I was one of 3 winners of their "Drive Your VW To Work Day" contest way back in June 2001, the issue came out in January 2002. We are the miniature golf owners on bottom right..... Best of luck in your new venture Dan!!!

70 ghia
72 super 'vert
74 standard
ach60 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:18 am    Post subject: Re: VW Trends is BACK! Reply with quote

I got the new issue in the Mail, I read it, It was same,
but flashier than Hot VW's, just like it used to be.
I'm glad I spent the money for the subscription.

Back in the day I subscribed to Hot VWs, VW Trends, and Volksworld.
I let Volksworld expire after too many cases of Hot VWs, VW Trends, and Volksworld covering the same cars.
Their British Coverage wasn't worth the expense.
VW Trends self cancelled, and I didn't notice for a few months.
I've kept my subscription to Hot VWs active since the Mid 80's.

For VW Trends as well a Hot VW's to stay viable in the Marketplace it will need to have a active social media component, and also on-line subscriber content, that isn't in the magazine. With Show coverage that needs to be on-line for subscribers immediately after the shows. The advantage to on-line show coverage, is just the shear number of photos that can be taken, and posted on the site, as opposed to 10-15 shots in the print magazine.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
DanLeadbetter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:45 am    Post subject: Re: VW Trends is BACK! Reply with quote

Abscate wrote:
[holding a grudge/hatred/unforgiveness against someone/something was like me drinking poison hoping the other person/thing would die.

That’s a nelson Mandela line. You only get to use it if you did 27 years in prison without being charged with anything

Very Happy[/quote]

Actually, the quote was first used in the form of “You will hardly have any doubt as to who will receive the benefit of the poison” was written in The Sermon on the Mount (1938) by Emmet Fox.

Regardless, it still holds truth, whomever quoted it first.
DanLeadbetter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:47 am    Post subject: Re: VW Trends is BACK! Reply with quote

ach60 wrote:
I got the new issue in the Mail, I read it, It was same,
but flashier than Hot VW's, just like it used to be.
I'm glad I spent the money for the subscription.

Thanks for the kind words ach60! We're working hard to make it the best VW magazine out there. And we are working on our Social media platforms and an actual website.
jeff68
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:32 am    Post subject: Re: VW Trends is BACK! Reply with quote

Hey Dan,

I'm glad that you're trying to bring the magazine back! I was a long time subscriber (from 92-to it's demise) and was sad to see the magazine go away. I still have all of the issues and refer to them sometimes. These magazines are a snapshot in time - good or bad. You can see what was going on back then with the VW scene. This will follow with the new magazine as well I'm sure. Some people will like it others may not. It's funny, I know people who say printed media is dead yet they are collecting vinyl records! They even swear that an old worn out record sounds better on their old turntable! Cracks me up! To each his own, and everyone has their opinion and tastes and I respect their views and opinions!

I'm glad it's in print too! Of course, like most here I read tons of VW stuff on-line as well but i still love printed magazines. You can take them anywhere, and read them if you don't have or want your electronic device handy. I subscribed and I hope the magazine does well!
Jeff
DanLeadbetter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 4:48 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Trends is BACK! Reply with quote

Hey Jeff68!

Wow, thanks SO much for the kind words and for subscribing! I agree with you; there's something about actually holding a magazine in your hands ands turning the pages that you just don't get with a tablet or smart phone.

We're hoping it does well too, and from the initial response, I think we're on the right track, and it's just going to get better from here! Thanks again, I REALLY appreciate the encouragement.
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2021 2:41 am    Post subject: Re: VW Trends is BACK! Reply with quote

DanLeadbetter wrote:
Hey Jeff68!

Wow, thanks SO much for the kind words and for subscribing! I agree with you; there's something about actually holding a magazine in your hands ands turning the pages that you just don't get with a tablet or smart phone.

We're hoping it does well too, and from the initial response, I think we're on the right track, and it's just going to get better from here! Thanks again, I REALLY appreciate the encouragement.

Neurologically you interact differently with media that is print vs electronic, that’s a real thing. Handwriting vs typing is really different.

Thanks for the schooling on that quote, appreciate it.
APPLEGREENVW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2021 6:04 am    Post subject: Re: VW Trends is BACK! Reply with quote

Is the magazine available at book stores?

02/76 Beetle sedan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
DanLeadbetter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:40 am    Post subject: Re: VW Trends is BACK! Reply with quote

Hi Applegreenvw!

Right now, it's only available through subscription and selection local VW shops (that list keeps growing). We're working solidifying our overseas subscription distribution before tackling the nightmare that is American newsstand distribution.

If you want to buy a single issue to check out, those are available on our website www.vwtrendsmagazine.com.
APPLEGREENVW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2021 7:38 am    Post subject: Re: VW Trends is BACK! Reply with quote

DanLeadbetter wrote:
Hi Applegreenvw!

Right now, it's only available through subscription and selection local VW shops (that list keeps growing). We're working solidifying our overseas subscription distribution before tackling the nightmare that is American newsstand distribution.

If you want to buy a single issue to check out, those are available on our website www.vwtrendsmagazine.com.

Okay,thanks.

02/76 Beetle sedan
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2021 7:48 am    Post subject: Re: VW Trends is BACK! Reply with quote

Im kinda skeered to look at one....if they hit the stores I may buy one. do they even still print the hot vw&bugys?
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Jump to:
Page 9 of 13

Jump to: