Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

3D Printing Vanagon parts
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
R. Deschain
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:49 am    Post subject: Re: 3D Printing Vanagon parts Reply with quote

There are a TON of Vanagon bits on Thingiverse:

https://www.thingiverse.com/search?q=vanagon&type=things&sort=relevant

https://www.youtube.com/mattofmanytrades
davlance01
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:20 pm    Post subject: Re: 3D Printing Vanagon parts Reply with quote

Boy you aren't kidding, I seen a few things I need to get printed off of there.

I didn't realize how much vanagon stuff there is in there now.
ThrowerVan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:51 pm    Post subject: Re: 3D Printing Vanagon parts Reply with quote

Looks like I've got a long list of things I'd like to print too!

Has anyone found the interior door handle....bays? I really don't know what to call them, but the plastic part that's behind the actual lever.

Also, has anyone seen a 3D model for the shifter tab replacements? (like these from GoWesty: https://www.gowesty.com/product/transaxle-drivetrain/24170/shifter-tab-repair-kit?v= )
If not, I'll take some measurements and see if I can't make a good 3D model, and barring that, I'll bite the bullet and buy a set.

There are some great really strong filaments and resins out there now, so I'd be pretty comfortable making a wearable part with them.
davlance01
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 4:47 pm    Post subject: Re: 3D Printing Vanagon parts Reply with quote

That would be a simple print. I would print that with nylon.
mrfusn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:35 am    Post subject: Re: 3D Printing Vanagon parts Reply with quote

Quote:
Has anyone found the interior door handle....bays? I really don't know what to call them, but the plastic part that's behind the actual lever.

Not directly helpful, other than that I know what those are called: escutcheons.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
MsTaboo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 12:14 pm    Post subject: Re: 3D Printing Vanagon parts Reply with quote

I really like the idea of the Scangauge holder:
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4550897

However, it would be even better if it had a brow or shield extending over the top of the gauge to block the light from reflecting onto the windshield at night.

I made a cardboard one for mine.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

The information age has morphed into the age of disinformation and willful ignorance. Agnotology!
Help the fight against Truth Decay.
Defend democracy, support Ukraine.
vik
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:47 pm    Post subject: Re: 3D Printing Vanagon parts Reply with quote

Hi,

I still do have the original file for the scangauge available.
If you would like to have shield similar to the carton one it shall be no problem to add it. Just give me your idea about the size.

Vik
uberaudi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:44 pm    Post subject: Re: 3D Printing Vanagon parts Reply with quote

^^^
That's awesome!

Does anyone have the files for the window regulator guides?
leecat
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:58 pm    Post subject: Re: 3D Printing Vanagon parts Reply with quote

Hi All!

Any chance anyone has an .stl file for the AC vent covers, high on the inside upper sides of the van? The only mention of it I can find of that part is on the first page of this thread and then...nothing! I'm away from my van so do not have one to scan and duplicate. Very simple flat part but cannot find a file for it on Thingiverse/the net in general.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
nilza
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2022 9:24 pm    Post subject: Re: 3D Printing Vanagon parts Reply with quote

Early ones here on shapeways, shame they are so expensive now.

https://www.shapeways.com/product/ZGNYMZ8WG/251-81...p;li=shops

Any recommendations of better priced 3D printing marketplaces?
wbailey2112
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2022 6:33 am    Post subject: Re: 3D Printing Vanagon parts Reply with quote

Contact Chris at Uniwerks Design...

https://www.uniwerksdesign.com/product/replacent-a-c-vents/
shagginwagon83
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 7:47 am    Post subject: Re: 3D Printing Vanagon parts Reply with quote

I believe we are about to see some large Vanagon products being available.

Specifically, I am needing a curtain track cover for my early Westy. I believe it should be doable with this printer since it has infinite Z!

vanis13
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 8:01 am    Post subject: Re: 3D Printing Vanagon parts Reply with quote

shagginwagon83 wrote:

I believe we are about to see some large Vanagon products being available.

Specifically, I am needing a curtain track cover for my early Westy. I believe it should be doable with this printer since it has infinite Z!]

I have access to a Z printer and have wondered what I'll use it for.... However the curtain rod cover I removed long time ago and have lived happily even recalling/wondering if/why I'd put it back.

I respect your builds and mods because they are always done so well so if you're stuck on having printed, sketch it up and I'll print you one for the price of shipping.

www.SuperVanagon.com - some stuff I make
kevinm
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2022 7:09 pm    Post subject: Re: 3D Printing Vanagon parts Reply with quote

garbaldie wrote:
ALIKA T3 wrote:
Yup, that's the part number for the clip I usually drill out Smile
I have a friend who built his own printer and does surfing foils that he glasses with resin and carbon fiber. He can print them for me.
I'll send you a pm for both files Smile
Mahalo Razz

281201367C doesn't need to be modified to fit the clutch line as it's meant for it. On my Syncro, the one original clip still remaining was just back from the radiator holding the line to the frame. It looks like this:

Does anyone know where one could obtain part number 281201367C, as show above? I've contacted one of our reputable fabricators of 3D parts but am also interested if others may know of a source. Thank you!

- Kevin
90 Syncro Westy
wbailey2112
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2022 11:18 am    Post subject: Re: 3D Printing Vanagon parts Reply with quote

Any updates from anyone regarding the 3D printing of the early Westy curtain rail cover? I believe that Chris at Uniwerks abandoned the project since his machines are not capable of printing something this long.
vanis13
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2022 12:51 pm    Post subject: Re: 3D Printing Vanagon parts Reply with quote

wbailey2112 wrote:
Any updates from anyone regarding the 3D printing of the early Westy curtain rail cover? I believe that Chris at Uniwerks abandoned the project since his machines are not capable of printing something this long.

I have the capability to print infinitely long. is there a design/CAD/STL on it yet?

www.SuperVanagon.com - some stuff I make
MayorMcCheese
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2022 2:10 pm    Post subject: Re: 3D Printing Vanagon parts Reply with quote

See here for links and info
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=234192&start=178

ultra_runner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2022 3:40 pm    Post subject: Re: 3D Printing Vanagon parts Reply with quote

I was wondering if this has been tried I would like to have something that really secures that front table somewhere nice and out of the way. I figure 3 corners would work better on those washboard roads.
uberaudi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2022 7:15 pm    Post subject: Re: 3D Printing Vanagon parts Reply with quote

ThrowerVan wrote:

Also, has anyone seen a 3D model for the shifter tab replacements? (like these from GoWesty: https://www.gowesty.com/product/transaxle-drivetrain/24170/shifter-tab-repair-kit?v= )
If not, I'll take some measurements and see if I can't make a good 3D model, and barring that, I'll bite the bullet and buy a set.

I just uploaded these to Thingiverse here:
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5609886/files
DanHoug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2022 6:38 am    Post subject: Re: 3D Printing Vanagon parts Reply with quote

uberaudi wrote:
ThrowerVan wrote:

I just uploaded these to Thingiverse here:
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5609886/files

someone edumacate me on filament printing base stocks... is there something equivalent to the Delrin the original and GW tabs use? given the sliding wear and jamming about, i would be surprised if there would be a printing process and base material suitable. make me smarter!

'87 Westy & '89 Westy both 2.1 4spd

Past projects can be found at--
www.thefixitworkshop.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
Jump to:
Page 20 of 24

Jump to: