Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Let's see pics of your dogs in your van
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 45, 46, 47  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
tuanis
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 6:45 am    Post subject: Re: Let's see pics of your dogs in your van Reply with quote

This is Diego looking concerned about whatever is happening down the street
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

jayinduluth
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Let's see pics of your dogs in your van Reply with quote

She's in this thread when she was younger, but here's Murphy again after a day of running around at the Morro Bay dog beach.

9.5 years young, getting grayer by the day.

djkeev
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:43 am    Post subject: Re: Let's see pics of your dogs in your van Reply with quote

Not IN ..... as he has aged he likes vehicles less and less, he won't voluntarily get in.
He is quite happy to lie next to however!

He went from if the car door is open, he is in!
To no way, no how...... only if you make me.

A deer happened by, hence the on alert stance....... I said NO..... and the energy required to get up and give chase is probably just too great!
He watched......

Dave

Ghia
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=392473

Vanagon
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6315537#6315537

Beetle
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=482968&highlight=74+super+vert
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Vanlife Geek
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:00 am    Post subject: Re: Let's see pics of your dogs in your van Reply with quote

Here's Willow chillin' in the tent during a two week camp in the forest outside Rocky Mountain National Park. We're heading back to a nearby area for another two weeks. Good thing this dog loves to camp!

Previous:
1983 Westy
1981 Westy
1972 Bug (Last year you could buy a new one for under $2,000)
1965/66 Bug (2 bugs from a junk yard combined to make 1 functional bug)
1959 Bug (Pre Gas Gauge Era)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Vanuber
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Let's see pics of your dogs in your van Reply with quote

Obi Wan is still mastering his Jedi jumping skills but seems to enjoy the van:

'02 Subaru Forester 2.5L

Last edited by Vanuber on Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:29 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
oasis
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Let's see pics of your dogs in your van Reply with quote

Obi Wan makes me want a small dog. Very cool! Cool
AceTaylor
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Let's see pics of your dogs in your van Reply with quote

Vanlife Geek
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2021 2:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Let's see pics of your dogs in your van Reply with quote

Willow enjoying another great camp. We had to stay in a motel recently while waiting for my new fridge to be delivered and I can tell she much prefers the Westy and forest over motels. In the short time I've had Willow, she's developing into the best dog I've ever had. The perfect full-time van dog! Two nights ago I woke up to her barking, looked outside and a moose was walking through camp. Not much gets by her. As I was writing this, she chased/herded a chipmunk out of the screen room.

Previous:
1983 Westy
1981 Westy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bobbyblack Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2021 2:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Let's see pics of your dogs in your van Reply with quote

Just for fun.. I dislike dogs going into the woods, then into my van or house... But some of my family doesn't seem to think I have a very good point. I've just had too many cases of Lymes.

Vanlife Geek
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2021 2:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Let's see pics of your dogs in your van Reply with quote

bobbyblack wrote:
Just for fun.. I dislike dogs going into the woods, then into my van or house... But some of my family doesn't seem to think I have a very good point. I've just had too many cases of Lymes.

In my case, I pretty much live in the forest, making it her back yard, so not much choice. Fortunately, I tend to hang out during the summer months at the higher elevations of the Rockies, and the tick season is very short in the spring. When I lived in the Midwest, tick season was all summer, along with all manner of nasty bugs that are mainly absent from higher altitudes. We just have to deal with common flies, which cover the planet and probably Hell. And mud... as I write this, it's pouring outside, so it's probably going to be messy.
Previous:
1983 Westy
1981 Westy
Schnippzle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:40 am    Post subject: Re: Let's see pics of your dogs in your van Reply with quote

Some excellent-looking dogs on-show here.
Vanlife Geek
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 10:45 am    Post subject: Re: Let's see pics of your dogs in your van Reply with quote

Willow is becoming the best vanlife dog ever! During our long camps, she fully explores the area and may visit other campsites, especially if they have a dog, but always comes when I call her and is never a real pest to neighboring campers. Everyone seems to love her. Good girl, Willow!

This picture is from our last camp at one of my favorite dispersed camping sites in Roosevelt National Forest. I've camped here many times over the last 25 years and am sure to return again. This site is at about 8,300' and is located just a few miles from the Wild Basin entrance to Rocky Mountain National Park.
Best yard ever!
Here's a new portrait I really like of her basking in the sun against a patch of wildflowers just outside the van.
One day I noticed she lined up all of her toys in a row just outside the screen room, including a gross new one she found. This is unfortunately a relatively common occurrence of her finding various feet, spines, jawbones, etc. and then brings them back to camp as some kind of trophy.

She likes laying on my new ARB fridge. I just got the transit bag to help protect it.

The fridge also makes a better vantage point for viewing squirrels and such, apparently.
I added a Willow Photo Gallery on my website if anyone is interested: https://www.vanlifegeek.com/gallery-willow.htm
Here's a gallery of my last dog Loki in and around the van. He's gone, but not forgotten. https://www.vanlifegeek.com/gallery-8.htm
Previous:
1983 Westy
1981 Westy
Abscate Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 12:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Let's see pics of your dogs in your van Reply with quote

Love the pups.

Just lost my 14 year old Lab Shep mix.

Crying or Very sad
Vanlife Geek
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 12:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Let's see pics of your dogs in your van Reply with quote

Abscate wrote:
Love the pups.

Crying or Very sad
Sorry to hear about your loss. 14 years is a pretty good run, though.
Previous:
1983 Westy
1981 Westy
khughes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 1:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Let's see pics of your dogs in your van Reply with quote

Abscate wrote:
Love the pups.

Crying or Very sad

14 years is definitely a good run, but it's never long enough for a beloved family member. Sorry to hear Crying or Very sad
Schnippzle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 11:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Let's see pics of your dogs in your van Reply with quote

Abscate wrote:
Love the pups.

Crying or Very sad

Sorry for your loss.
thomast
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2021 5:31 am    Post subject: Re: Let's see pics of your dogs in your van Reply with quote

Abscate Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2021 7:15 am    Post subject: Re: Let's see pics of your dogs in your van Reply with quote

Thanks for the love, people.

The 15 year old Queen Bee cat is feeling it most, she gets up with me at 0600 and goes around the house to touch all the remaining animals each morning.
jcannon
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:10 am    Post subject: Re: Let's see pics of your dogs in your van Reply with quote

Our dog "Bear" in his favorite position. He was 6 when we got him from a dog rescue. When we bought the Westy he jumped over the back seat as if he knew where he was going. Bear owned the area behind the back seat. Sometimes he wouldn't leave the Westy so we'd open the hatch and he'd sleep or watch from his elevated bed.

He passed into the great dog beyond at 13.

andyhess
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:25 am    Post subject: Re: Let's see pics of your dogs in your van Reply with quote

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 45, 46, 47  Next
Jump to:
Page 42 of 47

Jump to: