Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts New!  See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

The official Chinese Diesel Heater thread (Webasto Knockoff)
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 53, 54, 55
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rorke
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:41 am    Post subject: Re: The official Chinese Diesel Heater thread (Webasto Knockoff) Reply with quote

How hot does the hot air duct run on a 5k?

I ran the heat through my new storage box in between the seats. I figured it would get warm, but holy Hell this thing is hot! I am guessing 160F. I couldn't keep my hand on it anyway.

Anyway, has anyone heard of van's combusting or melting because of the hot air heat?

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
Zeitgeist 13
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:22 am    Post subject: Re: The official Chinese Diesel Heater thread (Webasto Knockoff) Reply with quote

I have a 5k unit externally mounted very similar to yours, and the heat is routed through the factory rear heater housing. The housing is plastic, and it hasn't melted yet. I'm drawing my intake air from outside the van, which may allow it to regulate temps a little easier--dunno
'01 Weekender VR6 -->2.5 TDI Syncro?
'04 Passat Variant BHW. Perpetual limp mode. Wish it had a manual pump.
Oly Bulli
WetWest91
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:18 pm    Post subject: Re: The official Chinese Diesel Heater thread (Webasto Knockoff) Reply with quote

In case anyone is interested, here's a link to a YouTube post showing a T3 Westy Chinese diesel heater install:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3j5qW9kKBLM

And here's a link to the product on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07VT24CLK/ref=ox_sc_saved_image_1?smid=ABNLGNJ1L8EDM&psc=1

Personally, I think some form of valved disconnect for the fuel line from the feed to the filter along with a strap setup for mounting the tank would make filling the tank much easier and eliminate spilling mistakes inside the van.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 53, 54, 55
Jump to:
Page 55 of 55

Jump to: