Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

ACN super squishies
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
txoval
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:49 am    Post subject: Re: ACN super squishies Reply with quote

What heads, Chamber size, and deck height?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jason
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:29 pm    Post subject: Re: ACN super squishies Reply with quote

L7’s, deck is .055, 56-57cc off the top of my head. I bought the heads when I bought the pistons. Figured the heads were a bit different for the pistons. Wish I would have gone with some tims heads instead. I have a set of stage 2’s in my bus, they scream.
Chip Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:51 pm    Post subject: Re: ACN super squishies Reply with quote

jason wrote:
L7’s, deck is .055, 56-57cc off the top of my head. I bought the heads when I bought the pistons. Figured the heads were a bit different for the pistons. Wish I would have gone with some tims heads instead. I have a set of stage 2’s in my bus, they scream.

I ran L7s with mine for a few years. No complaints. Had to open the chambers just a hair to clear the domes. Mine had 65cc chambers if I remember right. My deck was .04, but only 9.4:1.
txoval
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:50 am    Post subject: Re: ACN super squishies Reply with quote

Nothing crazy for my SS engine. Granted I wasn't looking for 12+ CR either. I settled for right at 10:1

Cam is ground on a 108 degree lobe center, ran straight up, .394" at cam and .510" at valves.

Tightest intake valve to piston clearance was 10 degrees ATDC on the intake stroke, and I still had over .090" clearance.

Exhaust valve had so much clearance I stopped measuring at .200"

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Cam Card

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
maui
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 9:48 pm    Post subject: Re: ACN super squishies Reply with quote

I neva see this subject for long time but I have a 90x94 with cb super pro and open chambers with fk10 straight up and 10t1 Comp 48ida 35 deg and 87 octane and 1.56/1.09 and can only get 13.0 quarter no burnout street. When I look at the piston it tells me it’s not about compression but how much exhaust can be removed from chamber to make it efficient and run cool.
txoval
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:09 am    Post subject: Re: ACN super squishies Reply with quote

I built mine primarily for the cooling. Soon I’ll post back how it runs
Dauz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:28 am    Post subject: Re: ACN super squishies Reply with quote

maui wrote:
I neva see this subject for long time but I have a 90x94 with cb super pro and open chambers with fk10 straight up and 10t1 Comp 48ida 35 deg and 87 octane and 1.56/1.09 and can only get 13.0 quarter no burnout street. When I look at the piston it tells me it’s not about compression but how much exhaust can be removed from chamber to make it efficient and run cool.

I forget, are you running SS? Sounds like you could take advantage of a dyno session. Advance that cam 2 degrees (assuming valve clearance) and adjust jetting. I'm positive you can break into the 12s with that combo in street trim and adequate traction.
74 Thing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:33 am    Post subject: Re: ACN super squishies Reply with quote

maui wrote:

What is 1.56/1.09, what size venturis, and what size exhaust?
Ian Godfrey
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:20 pm    Post subject: Re: ACN super squishies Reply with quote

1.56/1.09 are the 3/4 gears
Good to hear from you Maui
74 Thing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:25 am    Post subject: Re: ACN super squishies Reply with quote

Ian Godfrey wrote:
1.56/1.09 are the 3/4 gears
Good to hear from you Maui

Yeah, my mistake, I figured that out after I already posted. Thanks
maui
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:30 am    Post subject: Re: ACN super squishies Reply with quote

42 vents 175xf7x200 and 1.75 headers and 3in. Flowmaster It did a 11.99 with race gas and 32 degs 215/65/15 dots and with a burnout and 17 lbs air but broke R/P so I keep it like I have it. Aloha
maui
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:05 pm    Post subject: Re: ACN super squishies Reply with quote

maui wrote:
155xf2x190/42vents
txoval
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2021 7:52 pm    Post subject: Re: ACN super squishies Reply with quote

SS engine cam break in done. No issues, just that my straight cut gears are loud as hell

Dauz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2021 7:16 am    Post subject: Re: ACN super squishies Reply with quote

txoval wrote:
just that my straight cut gears are loud as hell

You seem surprised.

Nice ride!
txoval
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2021 8:48 am    Post subject: Re: ACN super squishies Reply with quote

First set I have ever had that were loud...

Loud as the SloVal car

Here’s a good comparison to gear noise

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DUDm2DVMiGk

Last edited by txoval on Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2021 9:27 am    Post subject: Re: ACN super squishies Reply with quote

dam thats a lot of gear noise....I would do some work to them to quiet them down a bit...
txoval
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2021 11:27 am    Post subject: Re: ACN super squishies Reply with quote

Yeah Mark, I wish I would have. I’ve never had straight cuts this loud.

This is second time I’ve used this case/crank and the last set of gears weren’t loud at all. (Standard CB gears).

These Pro Series gears have less lash and the teeth were sharp (if that makes sense) I did a little hand work to them, but obviously not enough.

I’ll be living with them now...not taking it apart
txoval
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2021 11:31 am    Post subject: Re: ACN super squishies Reply with quote

Another comparison...fast forward to the 1:00 mark

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kr7_rF5is3I
sled
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2021 1:52 pm    Post subject: Re: ACN super squishies Reply with quote

wow, that sounds terrible. Good news the engine is in and broken in though!! hopefully you can live with the noise.
txoval
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:48 pm    Post subject: Re: ACN super squishies Reply with quote

Best picture I have of the gears

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: