Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

CB 044 CNC Street Fighter Head
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
AlteWagen
Troll

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:22 pm    Post subject: CB 044 CNC Street Fighter Head Reply with quote

Saw their new video but have not seen anything on this version of head.

Link

I remember MOFOCO having a street fighter head but dont see it listed anymore. Anyone running this new head yet?

Side note: That is some crazy fuel stand off!!!
fl59bug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:18 pm    Post subject: Re: CB 044 CNC Street Fighter Head Reply with quote

I saw that video on YT too. Like you I'd like to know more about these "Street Fighter" cylinder heads since that CB 2276 in the vid made 229 hp!
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:48 pm    Post subject: Re: CB 044 CNC Street Fighter Head Reply with quote

Any chance it’s a typo meaning their CNC Street Eliminator Heads? It does look like the cooling fins of an 044 in the yt preview.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jpaull
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:31 pm    Post subject: Re: CB 044 CNC Street Fighter Head Reply with quote

From CB's Facebook Page:
https://www.facebook.com/CBPerformance/

"Development never stops in CB Performance’s Cylinder Head Department.

Soon to be released to the public, our latest creation, the 044™ CNC Street Fighter! This new port design was specifically developed to compete in the Real Street Drag Racing Class that takes place at the So Cal Drag Day and Bug In events. The intake port of the Street Fighter uses a smaller throat, but has more port volume than our prior port designs - the result is huge airflow that still retains high port velocity. An updated CNC combustion chamber and enlarged exhaust ports are also part of this new design.

Based on our updated 044™ castings, the Street Fighter uses a 46mm intake x 37.5mm exhaust valve, titanium retainers and our 650 valve springs. Max intake flow is 235 cfm @ .630 lift, flowed at 25”.

The 2276cc engine on 91 octane pump gas has 10.5-1 compression, uses a CB #2289 camshaft, CB 1.4:1 ratio rocker arms, Dual 48Weber IDA carbs with 42mm venturi’s, and a A-1 1-3/4 diameter exhaust system. All dyno pulls were done with the fan belt and muffler installed. Best power was 229 hp at 6800 rpm and 198 ft lbs torque at 5500 rpm.

Keep an eye out on the CB Performance website and social media for the release of our best performing street head to date.

044™ CNC Street Fighter
"

[email protected] MPH 1/4 Mile & 8.1 @ 83.7MPH in 1/8 Mile with Mild Type 1 VW Mag Case 2234cc commuter engine in stock weight bug w/only .491 total lift(CB2292 Cam), 42x37 heads, 48idf's, Street tires, Belt on, Mufflers, Pump gas, video of the run here: https://youtu.be/M3SPqMOKAOg

Transmission by MCMScott:
Rhino case, Klinkenberg 4.12, Superdiff, 002 mainshaft with 091 first idler. Weddle 1.48 Third & 1.14 Fourth.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:49 pm    Post subject: Re: CB 044 CNC Street Fighter Head Reply with quote

Looks like a Superpro theory/design with a 46mm valve? Interested in seeing the chamber design.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vwracerdave
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:49 pm    Post subject: Re: CB 044 CNC Street Fighter Head Reply with quote

It is still the same 044 casting used in all the other 044 heads, so I'm sure they just did a few tiny tweeks here and there to gain just a tiny bit more flow. There is no way they can find huge improvements with the same 044 casting. If they can find just 5 more HP it's still better. Yea to me it does look like the Supper Pro head with 46mm intake valves.

They created a new drag race class at the Bug-Ins so they had to create a new name for the heads to go along with the new class. A new name creates new excitement. New excitement may create new sales.
Featured in Dec. 2001 HOT VW's Magazine page 63

Watch my racing video's http://www.youtube.com/user/okvwracer/videos
DerrickfromNC1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2021 6:44 am    Post subject: Re: CB 044 CNC Street Fighter Head Reply with quote

MOFOCO hopefully will be introducing their new wedgeport head which utilizes the same casting as their signature heads.
fl59bug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:36 am    Post subject: Re: CB 044 CNC Street Fighter Head Reply with quote

I believe the current CB head which has the 46mm intake valve is the Ultra Wedgeport rather than the Super Pro. My Super Pros came with "just" a 45mm "Supergrip" intake valve but I opted for Ti retainers and 650 springs.

I don't think the Super Pros get much love though from CB since they sell individual Supergrip valves in all sizes but 45mm. That said, unless there is a 45mm valve hiding somewhere on the CB site, when my SPs wear out I'll probably go with Ultra Wedges as a replacement. Then too I will keep an eye open and an ear to the ground on these Street Fighters depending on how well received and reliable they turn out to be.

235 cfm from these new heads is one cfm more than the current Ultra Wedge.
Turnswrenches
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:03 am    Post subject: Re: CB 044 CNC Street Fighter Head Reply with quote

My old wedgeports are 46x37.5.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

5.5 H-beams
Mahle 94mm pistons
AA jugs
Grant rings
CB2292 cam + straight cut gears
46/37.5 CNC Wedgeports
Pauter 1.5's
Big Beef intakes
44IDF's/38 vents
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:24 am    Post subject: Re: CB 044 CNC Street Fighter Head Reply with quote

fl59bug wrote:
I believe the current CB head which has the 46mm intake valve is the Ultra Wedgeport rather than the Super Pro. My Super Pros came with "just" a 45mm "Supergrip" intake valve but I opted for Ti retainers and 650 springs.

I don't think the Super Pros get much love though from CB since they sell individual Supergrip valves in all sizes but 45mm. That said, unless there is a 45mm valve hiding somewhere on the CB site, when my SPs wear out I'll probably go with Ultra Wedges as a replacement. Then too I will keep an eye open and an ear to the ground on these Street Fighters depending on how well received and reliable they turn out to be.

235 cfm from these new heads is one cfm more than the current Ultra Wedge.

No, you are correct that the Superpro’s have a 45mm valve, and the Ultra Wedgeport’s have a 46mm.

A 48x40 Comp Eliminator has “rpm potential over 9000”, but the components used to get it there aren’t going to make an engine with nice street manners that you’re going to go get ice cream with. To me, the design of the Superpro was to create a high performance head with more streetable characteristics. The Ultra Wedgeport ports are 89cc’s and the Superpros are 81, but the Superpros only loose 5cfm at .600 lift. It sounds as if the Street Fighter is along the lines of taking a 46x37.5 valved head, and trying to give it better street manners with better designed smaller volume ports like the Superpros, but still keep the overall performance. Pat Downs has forgotten more than I will ever know about Aircooled VW engines, but the 322 degrees of duration of the 2289 cam in the Street Fighter 2276 engine isn’t a daily driver “street” cam imo. On the other hand, that’s not saying you couldn’t drive the engine on the street, and it wasn’t built as a daily driver.
jpaull
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:33 am    Post subject: Re: CB 044 CNC Street Fighter Head Reply with quote

That Pump Gas Real Street Class the Street fighter heads are made for is awesome. Dave Volkstroke Ruiz and Dino Mendoza organize the coolest bunch of REAL street cars.

No race car shit. Must be all motor, no power adders of any kind. No fuel injection, dry sumps, no carbs bigger then 48's. No tilt front clips, Must have seats, door panels, deck lid. And their is no snooty show car requirements. You dont need have a million dollar show car like the Ren Kafer cars. Daves car has some series patina and rust yet cruises it casually everywhere and runs low 7 second 1/8 mile times with sky high wheelies. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzwTI-QDMB4 and a really cool clip through town here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01NHEBrSWbY

https://www.volkstroke.com/pages/real-street
[email protected] MPH 1/4 Mile & 8.1 @ 83.7MPH in 1/8 Mile with Mild Type 1 VW Mag Case 2234cc commuter engine in stock weight bug w/only .491 total lift(CB2292 Cam), 42x37 heads, 48idf's, Street tires, Belt on, Mufflers, Pump gas, video of the run here: https://youtu.be/M3SPqMOKAOg

Rhino case, Klinkenberg 4.12, Superdiff, 002 mainshaft with 091 first idler. Weddle 1.48 Third & 1.14 Fourth.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:43 am    Post subject: Re: CB 044 CNC Street Fighter Head Reply with quote

I ALWAYS THOUGH THEY SHOULD GO TO THE DOMINATOR STYLE PORTS. and size the ports to the engine cc.
jpaull
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 4:16 am    Post subject: Re: CB 044 CNC Street Fighter Head Reply with quote

CB has them on their site now:

1445 044â„¢ CNC Street Fighter - VW650 Valve Springs & Titanium Retainers (46 x 37.5) 94 Bore
https://www.cbperformance.com/product-p/1445.htm

[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 6:23 am    Post subject: Re: CB 044 CNC Street Fighter Head Reply with quote

Looks like it’s replacing the Ultra Wedgeport all together. I guess it’s just another option for HP. The Superpros claim to fame was that they flowed similar to the Ultra Wedgeport, but with an 8cc smaller port volume to up velocity. The Street Fighter heads have a different port design to create more velocity, but are actually 1cc larger in volume than the og Ultra Wedgeports. And the “heart” style chamber is similar to the Superpros. Pretty interesting. That port size just makes you wanna say Reeee-co-la....
sled
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 7:41 am    Post subject: Re: CB 044 CNC Street Fighter Head Reply with quote

Im not sure if Pat or anyone else at CB is reading this, but if so, it would be wonderful to see they dyno graph for that 2276cc street fighter engine.

Im really curious what the numbers are from 2500 to 5500

90cc is big Shocked but if they discovered some tricks in the port design, in conjunction with a really good chamber (and 10.5:1 comp), it may be no slouch at lower rpms.
jpaull
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:44 pm    Post subject: Re: CB 044 CNC Street Fighter Head Reply with quote

Anyone running these yet? Love to hear how they are working out

TXHCBeetle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:58 pm    Post subject: Re: CB 044 CNC Street Fighter Head Reply with quote

bump
evanfrucht
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:08 pm    Post subject: Re: CB 044 CNC Street Fighter Head Reply with quote

David won a pair that Pat Downs donated as a prize at the last event. He said he is putting them on his car, so I guess we will see if his time improves or what his results are. I'm going to be running with that class from now on and joining them at meets and such. Even tho I'm not nearly as fast as them I'm the only one running full street trim. Dressed to impress Anxious Cool

I got plans cookin' for a 230hp N/A moster tho, give me a few years lol Laughing
stealth67vw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:25 am    Post subject: Re: CB 044 CNC Street Fighter Head Reply with quote

Chuck Studler runs the Street Fighter heads on his Geoff Hart built pump gas engine. At the last race, he ran 7.20 at 96mph in Real Street on the 2nd pass the car ever made.
7.76 @ 89.55mph 1/8 mile
12.34 and 108.10 mph 1/4 mile
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
74 Thing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:18 pm    Post subject: Re: CB 044 CNC Street Fighter Head Reply with quote

evanfrucht wrote:
David won a pair that Pat Downs donated as a prize at the last event. He said he is putting them on his car, so I guess we will see if his time improves or what his results are. I'm going to be running with that class from now on and joining them at meets and such. Even tho I'm not nearly as fast as them I'm the only one running full street trim. Dressed to impress 8-[ 8)

I got plans cookin' for a 230hp N/A moster tho, give me a few years lol :lol:

What kind of heads was David running before if he is now going to try the Street Fighter's?

I love his youtube updates!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: