Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Rubber door bellows 95 EVC
Forum Index -> Eurovan Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
1961tbird
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:02 am    Post subject: Rubber door bellows 95 EVC Reply with quote

Hi,

The front driver door speaker stopped working and I suspect the problem may be a broken wire within the door bellows. I understand these wires may be compromised after +25 years of use.

What's the best way to remove this bellow? Do you just pull away on each side of the bellow to gain access to the wires? Difficult to "re-seal" afterwards? Or is better to remove the door panel and access from within?

In advance, thanks.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
TheOneTrueQuux
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Rubber door bellows 95 EVC Reply with quote

1961tbird wrote:
Hi,

The front driver door speaker stopped working and I suspect the problem may be a broken wire within the door bellows. I understand these wires may be compromised after +25 years of use.

What's the best way to remove this bellow? Do you just pull away on each side of the bellow to gain access to the wires? Difficult to "re-seal" afterwards? Or is better to remove the door panel and access from within?

In advance, thanks.

I've not taken one of these apart yet, but usually, on VW/Audi products of this vintage, there's a big connector in the vehicle behind the trim. Remove the trim inside the car, and you'll see where the harness enters the body, disconnect connector(s) and pull the cable out of the hole, where you can properly deal with it. You may wind up having to open up the door too. Make any splices outside of the bellows area, i.e. inside the door or inside the car. That way you won't add bulk to the cable where it bends, and your splices won't be subject to getting flexed and possibly wrecked.
1961tbird
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Rubber door bellows 95 EVC Reply with quote

That's very helpful. So if I understand you correctly, I am removing the connectors either inside the body or within the door (to access the wire loom), pulling it through, and leaving the rubber bellows alone and intact.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
druuid
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Rubber door bellows 95 EVC Reply with quote

1961tbird wrote:
That's very helpful. So if I understand you correctly, I am removing the connectors either inside the body or within the door (to access the wire loom), pulling it through, and leaving the rubber bellows alone and intact.

The bellows come off pretty easily actually.
Just sort of pry them out gently with a screw driver (I was able to remove them with my fingers though) and they have this lip that is keeping it in.
They are really easy to just press back in with your fingers.

The wiring harness part is inside and does need to be unclicked so you can either replace the wires or just repair the wire(s) that are damaged.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Eurovan All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: