Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

: Westfalia stove grate grill burner for 1992 EuroVan CV
Forum Index -> Eurovan Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
OnlyWesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:26 am    Post subject: : Westfalia stove grate grill burner for 1992 EuroVan CV Reply with quote

Looking to purchase a Westfalia stove grate.

Do you know if this one will fit? https://www.busdepot.com/253070626

Here is a photo of my stove:

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

SteveZ
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:30 am    Post subject: Re: WTB: Westfalia stove grate grill burner for 1992 EuroVan CV Reply with quote

No, it won't fit. The holes in the stove base in the Eurovan CV are in different locations than in the Vanagon, which is the van for which the grate you have pictured and linked to fits.

You may be able to cut the legs so that the Vanagon grate sits on the base without rocking, but the legs won't go into the holes in the CV's base.

Here's photos of the grate from my 1992 Eurovan CV. You might find one in Europe from a supplier or on one of the UK T4 forums. Or you might try a Canadian based wrecking yard that specializes in Eurovans and VWs. Try writing or calling Andrew at Canada Catalyst: http://canadacatalyst.ca

I found parts that were not listed online by calling him directly, then we emailed. I sent photos of the parts I needed. I got great service from him.

OnlyWesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:51 am    Post subject: Re: : Westfalia stove grate grill burner for 1992 EuroVan CV Reply with quote

Thanks Steve. Andrew didn't have it, so I'll keep digging!
SteveZ
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:13 pm    Post subject: Re: : Westfalia stove grate grill burner for 1992 EuroVan CV Reply with quote

There's a guy from Ontario, Canada who parts out Eurovans. Calls himself CdnVwJunkie.

Look up one of his classified adverts here on TheSamba and send him an email.

He has advertised some CV specific bits in the past.

Consider posting on the UK site, VWT4Forum: https://www.vwt4forum.co.uk since the campers sold there were similar to ours. However, there were a few various stoves offered in Europe, including ours burning butane which would have the same grate, and ones burning alcohol, which were quite different in style and would not have the same grate as our CVs, even though converted by Westfalia.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Eurovan All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: