Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Alaska roll-call
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
elizer Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:47 am    Post subject: Re: Alaska roll-call Reply with quote

Not a native, but I was stationed there from 08-10 at Ft Richardson with a deployment in between. Man what a great time I had there. I loved halibut fishing in Seward. I wish I would have had a westy when I was up there.

I need to plan a trip in the future.

Are Moose's Tooth and glacier brew house still good?
And of course Alaska Bush Company?
magiceddie88
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:06 am    Post subject: Re: Alaska roll-call Reply with quote

Mooses tooth and brew house are still good some chains have made their way north, and like all places something have come and gone for the ABC club well, lets just say, you’ll have to come back and be the judge of that. Wink

I don’t know if any other Alaskans are in the know BUT if you are Alaskan, and you are into vintage VW’s check out www.ArcticAircooledVWs.com

Very Happy
Instagram: Magiceddielive
Drive alive
Enthusiast-would be an understatement.
...Air-cooled by SummerFroze by Winter...
www.arcticaircooledvws.com
Wild Bill wrote:
"Life In the FAST LANE". What the Hell does that feel like?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
seans67
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Alaska roll-call Reply with quote

Checking in for Summer 2018. Do more boat driving than van driving in The summer but looking forward to some fall camping trips when fishing season is over.

The 1.8T has been a great swap, only issue that I have had is the exhaust went at the flex pipe, probably should have gone with the stainless. I also picked up another van, 87 tin top Wolfsburg Weekender, it’s the wife’s van. Still has the 2.1L that won’t die.

Always seem to see at least one Vanagon on the Seward highway between Anchorage and Girdwood in the summer

'71 Squareback '71 Porsche 914 ‘80 Camper '87 Syncro Weekender 1.8T '87 Wolfsburg Weekender '97 Toyota Land Cruiser ‘03 Audi A6 Quattro 3.0 ‘04 Audi A4 Avant Quattro 1.8T ‘05 Audi A4 Quattro 3.0
‘06 Porsche Cayenne Turbo S
AKdude
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Alaska roll-call Reply with quote

AKdude from the Interior checking in...a bit late, summer's over, BUT we're still gonna do a little road trippin' in the westy to enjoy the Denali Hwy one more time before old man Winter settles in. Moose in the freezer and wood in the shed...let 'er rip !
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bigbore
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:09 am    Post subject: Re: Alaska roll-call Reply with quote

well Iam late to the party but Iam still running a vw shop here I have been diving around Alaska working on vws and doing many tranys in my new smaller shop.I drive my bus's and vanagon all year round. this year my 81 aircooled vanagon has gone from Dawson city Yukon to homer Alaska with many points between about 8000 miles this year so far. Iam heading back the Seward this week again to do some late summer fishing. My heath problems still plague me but Iam working through them as best I can.
iltis74
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Alaska roll-call Reply with quote

The Abbey lives! good to know.
Alaskaberrys Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Alaska roll-call Reply with quote

Checking in from SE. Burning up my 30 miles of road...

I’m betting this state has more VW’s per capita than any other.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
magiceddie88
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Alaska roll-call Reply with quote

Just keeping it recent, Arctic Aircooled VW’s is hosting our 16th annual VW show Saturday, June 19th @ the Dimond Center all VW’s, Audi’s, Porsche’s are welcome to join in on the fun! For more info click here:
www.arcticaircooledvws.com Laughing
Instagram: Magiceddielive
Drive alive
Enthusiast-would be an understatement.
...Air-cooled by SummerFroze by Winter...
www.arcticaircooledvws.com
Wild Bill wrote:
"Life In the FAST LANE". What the Hell does that feel like?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
TomInAlaska
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2021 8:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Alaska roll-call Reply with quote

I just saw this thread and wanted to check in from Anchorage. I bought my van back in June and so far my work:drive ratio has got be north of 95%! Laughing Its definitely a project (see the link in my signature) but its getting close to being able to drive more than a couple of miles from home. I'm hoping to go on a camping trip or two before winter sets in. Anyway, see you on the road! Very Happy

'84 GL adventure van project (1.9L, 4speed) https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=755844&highlight=
cjonesak
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2022 10:28 am    Post subject: Re: Alaska roll-call Reply with quote

Still here. New Vanagon. Anyone into meeting up in the Anchorage Bowl? Send me a message.

Casey

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: