Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Things your van did recently
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 73, 74, 75 ... 87, 88, 89  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
campism
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:50 am    Post subject: Re: Things your van did recently Reply with quote

Yesterday, actually. Took me to a nearby precinct to work the poll for the state's Democratic primary. While sitting outside in 90F temps to tend curbside voters I was reminded to recharge the A/C, which I will do today.
TurtsMcSlow
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Things your van did recently Reply with quote

Took my wife and youngest to the Indiana Dunes National Park on Lake Michigan. Longest trip yet, normally we just venture a couple hours from home but this one we clocked over 700 miles roundtrip. August Westfalia ran great with no hiccups.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
dhaavers
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Things your van did recently Reply with quote

Pulled kayaks, camped, made electricity, & brought me home 3 days later.

Good little van... Cool

- Dave

<EDITED TO PROTECT INNOCENT PIXELS>
bobbyblack Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Things your van did recently Reply with quote

dhaavers wrote:
Pulled kayaks, camped, made electricity, & brought me home 3 days later.

Good little van... Cool

- Dave

Location, location, LOCATION?!?!?!?
dhaavers
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:16 am    Post subject: Re: Things your van did recently Reply with quote

^^^ North... Wink

Mt.Iron (between Hibbing & Virginia) with oldest daughter & her husband. He did a disc golf tourney
in Buhl Saturday & we watched him birdie his first 5 holes in the afternoon! He finished 4th out of 50,
won back his registration fee plus about $50 merch, so a fun, productive day...

I just finished school last week, so a great time to get out in the world & destress a bit, kayak every
day, throw a few discs, chat chat chat, read, hammock nap, plus food...delicious food! ...and beer. Cool

- Dave

<EDITED TO PROTECT INNOCENT PIXELS>
jlrftype7
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:58 am    Post subject: Re: Things your van did recently Reply with quote

dhaavers wrote:
^^^ North... Wink

Mt.Iron (between Hibbing & Virginia) with oldest daughter & her husband. He did a disc golf tourney
in Buhl Saturday & we watched him birdie his first 5 holes in the afternoon! He finished 4th out of 50,
won back his registration fee plus about $50 merch, so a fun, productive day...

I just finished school last week, so a great time to get out in the world & destress a bit, kayak every
day, throw a few discs, chat chat chat, read, hammock nap, plus food...delicious food! ...and beer. Cool

- Dave
You're making me jealous with the Kayaking, we still haven't put ours in the water yet, and here it's the middle of June already. Need to get on that soon... Mad Mad Mad
2017 MINI Coopers, our current DDs
‘84 Tin Top - Hilga....Auto
campism
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Things your van did recently Reply with quote

Facilitated some trail maintenance. The bike and the B.O.B. would have fit inside but it was less trouble just to do things this way. The bike trailer was pretty heavily loaded; chainsaw with extra fuel and bar oil, some hand tools, cordless sawzall with spare batteries, water, etc., so I'm glad I toted everything to the trailhead and did not ride over there.

teej
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:09 am    Post subject: Re: Things your van did recently Reply with quote

Completed about a 1500mi trip from Seattle to NW Montana and back. Went to some pretty remote areas, including Yaak Valley MT. Lots of passes: Rainy and Washington pass (twice) on SR20, Loup Loup, Waconda Summit, and Sherman Pass on SR20, Pass Creek Pass and Granite Pass (dirt/gravel forest road passes NE WA leading into ID Hway 57). Van did awesome, with two hiccups:

The missus broke the cheesy aftermarket passenger window crank right as we were entering serious Bear country in the Yaak, with the window stuck in the down position. I carry tools so could have managed clumsily, but fortunately 10 years ago or so I tossed in a spare window crank, so it was a quick fix in camp.

Then in Kalispell the original starter began to act up, I needed the samba help to sort it out, but in the end all was well and we made it back safely to Seattle. Here is a pic from the east shore of Lake Koocanusa:

michaelasnider
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:07 am    Post subject: Re: Things your van did recently Reply with quote

teej wrote:
Completed about a 1500mi trip from Seattle to NW Montana and back. Went to some pretty remote areas, including Yaak Valley MT. Lots of passes: Rainy and Washington pass (twice) on SR20, Loup Loup, Waconda Summit, and Sherman Pass on SR20, Pass Creek Pass and Granite Pass (dirt/gravel forest road passes NE WA leading into ID Hway 57). Van did awesome, with two hiccups:

The missus broke the cheesy aftermarket passenger window crank right as we were entering serious Bear country in the Yaak, with the window stuck in the down position. I carry tools so could have managed clumsily, but fortunately 10 years ago or so I tossed in a spare window crank, so it was a quick fix in camp.

Then in Kalispell the original starter began to act up, I needed the samba help to sort it out, but in the end all was well and we made it back safely to Seattle. Here is a pic from the east shore of Lake Koocanusa:

The Kooc is about 25 minutes from where I live, lots of great dispersed camping on the Canadian side of the border.
teej
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:40 am    Post subject: Re: Things your van did recently Reply with quote

michaelasnider wrote:

The Kooc is about 25 minutes from where I live, lots of great dispersed camping on the Canadian side of the border.

Awesome country. We would have headed north into Canada if the border was open. Hopefully next time...on an even longer trip!
bobbyblack Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Things your van did recently Reply with quote

The '87 wanted to go see whats up at Van-cafe. Whoot! Fun things to come, sounds like!!!

Then puttered up the Thompson Canyon to Estes Park and visited the Stanley Hotel. Bustling with all kinds of people and such.

Then back down another highway to Boulder, and back to Golden. Just gearing up for Denver Vanagons & Microbrews tomorrow Wink

MsTaboo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 12:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Things your van did recently Reply with quote

Took our fierce little buddy for his last ride.
Was on the way to the vets and he passed peacefully on the way.

He will be deeply missed.

He loved going on camping trips.

The information age has morphed into the age of disinformation and willful ignorance. Agnotology!
Help the fight against Truth Decay.
Defend democracy, support Ukraine.
fxr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 12:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Things your van did recently Reply with quote

Condolences. They tell you when it's their time.
Jake de Villiers
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 1:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Things your van did recently Reply with quote

I'm sorry for your loss, MsT. A beautiful companion gone.
http://sites.google.com/site/subyjake/mydixiedarlin%27
www.crescentbeachguitar.com
www.thebassspa.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
oasis
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 10:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Things your van did recently Reply with quote

Jake de Villiers wrote:
I'm sorry for your loss, MsT. A beautiful companion gone.

Well said, and I'm deeply saddened, too.
jimf909 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 7:35 am    Post subject: Re: Things your van did recently Reply with quote

teej wrote:
Completed about a 1500mi trip from Seattle to NW Montana and back. Went to some pretty remote areas, including Yaak Valley MT. Lots of passes: Rainy and Washington pass (twice) on SR20, Loup Loup, Waconda Summit, and Sherman Pass on SR20, Pass Creek Pass and Granite Pass (dirt/gravel forest road passes NE WA leading into ID Hway 57).

That's the exact route I've take between Seattle and Priest Lake.

###

Condolences, MsTaboo.

Abscate wrote:
Do not get killed, do not kill others.

Current: 1990 Westy Camper - Bostig RG4, 2wd, manual trans w/Peloquin, NAHT high-top, 280 ah LFP battery, 160 watts solar, Flash Silver, seam rust, bondo, etc., etc.

Past: 1985 Westy Camper - 1.9 wbx, 2wd, manual trans, Merian Brown, (sold after 17 years to Northwesty who converted it to a Syncro).
4Gears4Tires
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 7:29 am    Post subject: Re: Things your van did recently Reply with quote

Condolences on your cat. That is always hard to bear. Sad
MsTaboo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:12 am    Post subject: Re: Things your van did recently Reply with quote

Thank you everyone for the kind words.

Still kinda in shock, it happened so fast. He was only eleven.
His sister is still youthful and healthy; now the question is whether we get another kitten or let her be the queen of the house.

I just wish he could have gone on one last camping trip this past spring.

The information age has morphed into the age of disinformation and willful ignorance. Agnotology!
Help the fight against Truth Decay.
Defend democracy, support Ukraine.
jlrftype7
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 7:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Things your van did recently Reply with quote

My condolences as well. My only caution with the older cat, younger cat routine is that we’ve watched the younger ones go from respecting the older cat completely, to basically becoming thugs to them. It’s hard to watch since the inevitable chases always have the older cat at a disadvantage, growling and hissing all the way as it’s being chased and swatted.
Crying or Very sad
2017 MINI Coopers, our current DDs
‘84 Tin Top - Hilga....Auto
natejohn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 1:37 am    Post subject: Re: Things your van did recently Reply with quote

Just finished up a week long excursion of Vancouver Island from Victoria to Telegraph Cove. This was our stop in Elk Falls Provincial Park.

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 73, 74, 75 ... 87, 88, 89  Next
Jump to:
Page 74 of 89

Jump to: