Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Operation X Volksrod
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 42, 43, 44  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Other VW Vehicles/Volksrods Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
vaughn bros.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:03 am    Post subject: Re: Operation X Volksrod Reply with quote

We need to get VOLKSWAGNUT to find more Vintage vair speed equipment, for OUR enjoyment.
VOLKSWAGNUT
Fastest VW Belt Changer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Operation X Volksrod Reply with quote

vaughn bros. wrote:
We need to get VOLKSWAGNUT to find more Vintage vair speed equipment, for OUR enjoyment.

Embarassed Thanks for the nod of encouragement..

Most of those parts ended upside down ...in the crusher according to Nader. Laughing

In all reality ...my crude lil Volksrod would never have been a reality if I hadn't stumbled upon the GM flat 6 .. Wink
It got the mind and juices flowing..

I loved the idea of adding even more odd..

Old speed equipment is kool.. Cool

Im.still mad at my Pop for selling our Merc Flathead V8 Hilborn fuel injection setup...
Was bad ass..

Its about the going not the showing
Rebuilt to drive not decorate
WANTED: Local Eatin' Joints, Triple D for TheSamba contributions here http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=570510
Search "VOLKSWAGNUT" on YouTube since you cant watch a "certain" BELT change video round here
Usually and often edited
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
VOLKSWAGNUT
Fastest VW Belt Changer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2020 7:40 am    Post subject: Re: Operation X Volksrod Reply with quote

VOLKSWAGNUT wrote:
TDCTDI wrote:
VOLKSWAGNUT wrote:
Three replacement windshields ruined now... Mad

Thinking..... just try to just cut one myself..

I saw one of the old skool guys use a glass cutter to scribe a line on either side of the windshield & then pour alcohol on the windshield & then light it. It thermally bisected the glass in a few seconds & they then used a razor blade to cut the plastic layer.

Yep. That's the plan.

I watched a video with a similar method on a 57 Chevy windshield which has WAY more curve to it.

Windshield #4... landfill bound... Mad

I almost had it cut when a crack ....decided to make a run ... I hammered and beat the shit out of it

On to the next.... hope to drive the car again one day Confused

WANTED: Local Eatin' Joints, Triple D for TheSamba contributions here http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=570510
Search "VOLKSWAGNUT" on YouTube since you cant watch a "certain" BELT change video round here
Usually and often edited
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
VOLKSWAGNUT
Fastest VW Belt Changer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 12:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Operation X Volksrod Reply with quote

Well....2021. Re resurrection..
Way too long. ....3+ years

After repeated failed attempts to have a windshield cut I used some more advice from a seasoned Volksrodder....Tim ... rgdedge....and went with Lexan..

I've had a rough few years..no excuses its just life. PLUS...too many projects so Operation X wasn't high on the list..

Some updates....will be reawakening it soon.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Damn....looks so sad 😞

Usually and often edited
NJ John
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 12:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Operation X Volksrod Reply with quote

Now take her out and tear up the road!
https://www.youtube.com/@AirSpooledGarage
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
VOLKSWAGNUT
Fastest VW Belt Changer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 12:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Operation X Volksrod Reply with quote

Working on it man.... I'll upload a video of the true refire....it went...semi smooth.... 3 years dries shit up.. ..

It's 92 degrees in the shade with equal to % tropical south east humidity...plus... thanks to a cellar garage. ..I stunk up the house so I'm told.

A shop incident a few years back now I only have 20% taste and smell....someday its down right depressing..
Has its up sides....I can't smell shit, skunks..or dead things..down side ..nothing taste the same..

BUT regardless...she's a clacking now... lifters were all drained
Usually and often edited
VOLKSWAGNUT
Fastest VW Belt Changer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 3:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Operation X Volksrod Reply with quote

First legit fire after 3 years ....bottom line needle cartridge o rings were leaking...flooded really fast. If you watch carefully it was dripping fuel near RF corner of carb....down the intake tube right onto the fan shroud....No Bueno..

Link

Usually and often edited
rgdedge
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 5:08 am    Post subject: Re: Operation X Volksrod Reply with quote

Windshield looks good. Can't wait to see it rolling again.
Tim
VOLKSWAGNUT
Fastest VW Belt Changer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:46 am    Post subject: Re: Operation X Volksrod Reply with quote

Thanks.. .. all because you said so. Laughing

I just gave up on glass for now.. will get a one cut eventually.. but..it HAS cost me too much time and money ..

Got the carb leak sorted out.. mainly let the O-rings re-juice themselves up.. Will buy a kit and re-seal/o-ring it.. and re-run the fuel hose at the engine and after the pump..
Those hoses are rock hard too.. Shocked .. last thing I need is a charbroiled Volksrod. Laughing

Usually and often edited
rgdedge
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Operation X Volksrod Reply with quote

VOLKSWAGNUT wrote:

Got the carb leak sorted out.. mainly let the O-rings re-juice themselves up.. Will buy a kit and re-seal/o-ring it.. and re-run the fuel hose at the engine and after the pump..
Those hoses are rock hard too.. Shocked .. last thing I need is a charbroiled Volksrod. Laughing

Nope, we don't want any well done rides for any of us.
Tim
VOLKSWAGNUT
Fastest VW Belt Changer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Operation X Volksrod Reply with quote

Well....its out. Haha..
Fuel lines actually came back to life after they got wet again. I always used Stabil so maybe it helped ..I'll still swap them out. The carb sorted itself out after it soaked up some juice... I'll try to keep it wet more often..Hahah

A few electrical gremlins...and ..I accidentally shorted the generator putting the lid on.. d'oh!
Burnt the voltage regulator points... but a file and some cleaner and it survived.

Clean up of typical VW oxidation on the fuses from non use should clear up most things...

5 gallons of white gas.. .a quick spin up the road right at dark...and seems to be running good as ever

Usually and often edited
VOLKSWAGNUT
Fastest VW Belt Changer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:54 am    Post subject: Re: Operation X Volksrod Reply with quote

Back in da saddle again.. No big deal but... it sure feels good ..

Goes into warp speed about the 3 min mark.. ..

This is my first real attempt at suction cup rolling video. The car does NOT ride that rough.. its actually very smooth.. I'm also trying a new video editor ..

Link

Usually and often edited

Last edited by VOLKSWAGNUT on Sat Jun 19, 2021 4:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
rgdedge
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 4:17 am    Post subject: Re: Operation X Volksrod Reply with quote

Sounds good. I actually drove Bettie through Gatlinburg last night, After dinner ride. Hasn't been out in almost two months. Too much going on.
Tim
VOLKSWAGNUT
Fastest VW Belt Changer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:59 am    Post subject: Re: Operation X Volksrod Reply with quote

Thats a much nicer ride than mine.. Wink
Usually and often edited
eyetzr Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 6:09 am    Post subject: Re: Operation X Volksrod Reply with quote

Love the build. Great video. A windshield thought, not sure if you are cutting down a standard window or cutting new glass sheet into a windshield. When I did my car first time, my local glass shop cut me nice green shade windows from safety glass from a sheet. Grinds down edges and never had an issue. The last chopped bug I did, we made a template and cut new glass. Shop preferred this approach rather than cutting an existing window. Just a thought.
VOLKSWAGNUT
Fastest VW Belt Changer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:37 am    Post subject: Re: Operation X Volksrod Reply with quote

eyetzr wrote:
Love the build. Great video. A windshield thought, not sure if you are cutting down a standard window or cutting new glass sheet into a windshield.

Thanks.. as for the windshield...its a 66/67 body the windshield has a slight protruding bow meaning.. its not flat. The only real choice .. cut down from a replacement glass.
If it were a true flat windshield body ..yes I agree cutting one out of a sheet would be the better choice..

I made a new video last night...a high speed 0 to 100 run but....I used a different camera as a test and it turned out terrible..
May try another one soon... I have to work out an ignition spark issue...I think the distributor points got greasy...

Funny mention.....I was rolling home from work ....it hiccupped like a drunk Herbie without cream shooting out the sides.. .. Laughing Suddenly went stupid lean. Fluttering and sputtering on 3 cylinders.. First thought .. it was on fire.. Shocked ..but no smoke.. I could pump the throttle to richen it and it would pick up then stumble back lean... after a few times trying to feather it... it backfired and went back to running perfect.. I just started laughing.. Laughing
I'm sure a piece of trash just temporarily blocked a main jet and the pop back cleared it out..

Silly little car....its such a blast..

Usually and often edited
rgdedge
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:30 am    Post subject: Re: Operation X Volksrod Reply with quote

I want to make a few driving videos of mine since I still get told that the front suspension will not work. Just don't have a good camera.
Tim
VOLKSWAGNUT
Fastest VW Belt Changer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Operation X Volksrod Reply with quote

The last few videos of mine are from my phone.. Nothing fancy or fruit named..
I did invest in a decent suction cup mount with some universal attachments also a clamp on base to be used along with those. Cost was about 35 bucks from some internet women warrior river site.. Laughing
I may try it with my old video camera but...the phone is pretty convenient to use.

I want to try a motorcycle video run on my old Honda 750 Four Cool

Seems all the rage is this new click clock thing... I just haven't got into that.

Apparently my belt video is making short edited stolen appearances here lately... Mad
Nothing is sacred anymore

Usually and often edited
rgdedge
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Operation X Volksrod Reply with quote

"Apparently my belt video is making short edited stolen appearances here lately..." I saw that on the bookface. Someone posted it on one of the VW pages there and said it was his but I proved him wrong and made him remove it.
Tim
VOLKSWAGNUT
Fastest VW Belt Changer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:03 am    Post subject: Re: Operation X Volksrod Reply with quote

rgdedge wrote:
I saw that on the bookface. Someone posted it on one of the VW pages there and said it was his but I proved him wrong and made him remove it.
Tim

Thanks for watching out for me.. I appreciate it. Applause
Usually and often edited
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Other VW Vehicles/Volksrods All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 42, 43, 44  Next
Jump to:
Page 43 of 44

Jump to: