Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Type 3 Roadtrip (June 17-20th)
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Forum Index -> Type 3 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Roadbeater
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Type 3 Roadtrip (June 17-20th) Reply with quote

VWporscheGT3 wrote:
Roadbeater wrote:
Nice looking car, enjoy your trip! Also seconding the request for tire sizes, they really fill out the wheel wells nicely.

205-65-15 back and 185-65-15 front.

Tomorrow is first day.. cant wait!

Thanks for the sizes. I'm running the 185/65 on the rear of mine, might look into going bigger. Good luck on the trip!
Jason37
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:50 am    Post subject: Re: Type 3 Roadtrip (June 17-20th) Reply with quote

VWporscheGT3 wrote:

Two days in and no requests for help, I hope this means all is going well!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Bobnotch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:47 am    Post subject: Re: Type 3 Roadtrip (June 17-20th) Reply with quote

Jason37 wrote:
VWporscheGT3 wrote:

Well, he had been daily driving it to work, putting miles on it and de-bugging it. If you were in the Invasion thread, that's one of the best things to do before going on a road trip (get some miles on your combination). I don't think he'll have any issues, since he did go thru most of it before hand.
64 T-34 Ghia...aka Wolfie, under construction... http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=412120
Tram wrote:
"Friends are God's way of apologizing for relatives."
Tram wrote:
People keep confusing "restored" and "restroyed".
VWporscheGT3
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Type 3 Roadtrip (June 17-20th) Reply with quote

Jason37 wrote:
VWporscheGT3 wrote:

Lol no so far we have been doing good. Made it to crescent city this afternoon. So far 600+ miles and other than it being hot the first day and destroying my oil temp sender (drain plug type) all is good. I've been able to watch what happens as the oil get warm the oil pressure does etc over the last several months so we're good.

Warning totally joking ahead........

But I made it to crescent city... where the hell are the rest of you ninnies.... lol Laughing Laughing Laughing

I like being wrong, Because, it is another opportunity to learn. If you stop learning from your mistakes than what is the point?

If you have any questions about Forged ICON 4032 VW pistons just shoot me a line.
Clatter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Type 3 Roadtrip (June 17-20th) Reply with quote

We’re all down here at the Curly Redwood Lodge,
But we saw you coming and hid!

What’s That Noise?!?
VWporscheGT3
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Type 3 Roadtrip (June 17-20th) Reply with quote

Clatter wrote:
We’re all down here at the Curly Redwood Lodge,
But we saw you coming and hid!

Why do I not doubt that lmao... Laughing Laughing Laughing Shocked

I like being wrong, Because, it is another opportunity to learn. If you stop learning from your mistakes than what is the point?

If you have any questions about Forged ICON 4032 VW pistons just shoot me a line.
Mike Fisher
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:04 am    Post subject: Re: Type 3 Roadtrip (June 17-20th) Reply with quote

If you break something critical in Oregon, Tram or I should have it in Eugene.
two 57 oval ragtops sold
'68 Karmann Ghia sold

Society is like stew. If you don't keep it stirred up you end up with a lot of scum on the top! - Russ_Wolfe/Edward Abbey
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vwfye
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:10 am    Post subject: Re: Type 3 Roadtrip (June 17-20th) Reply with quote

So, what do you think of our chosen venue?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Sqrbckguy38
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:51 am    Post subject: Re: Type 3 Roadtrip (June 17-20th) Reply with quote

Sounds like you guys are having a great time. I'm going to be loading up this little guy to bring back to Utah.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

This one will take me tons of time to get back in driving order but hey, it's only time.
67 Beetle, Opal
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
VWporscheGT3
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 2:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Type 3 Roadtrip (June 17-20th) Reply with quote

vwfye wrote:
So, what do you think of our chosen venue?

The curly redwood is a pretty nice place . Though we didn't stay there this trip. We stayed at the northcoast Inn further into town. Which... was ok... wasn't as sketchy as the place we stayed at in Fort bragg. Making the decision to call it off was a good one though , as maybe next year anyone coming in from the south won't have to wait 1 1/2 hours to get past the road construction. And as far as mask issues it depended on where you went to eat.

Anyway we are in redbluff now and the car is still running great , we went up and over through grants pass and Medford ... cooling off in the motel now. It's 108 here... I'm melting.

VWporscheGT3
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Type 3 Roadtrip (June 17-20th) Reply with quote

Just a update. Made it home with no issues, may take a couple days but trip report soon!

vwfye
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 5:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Type 3 Roadtrip (June 17-20th) Reply with quote

Cool!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Bobnotch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Type 3 Roadtrip (June 17-20th) Reply with quote

VWporscheGT3 wrote:
Just a update. Made it home with no issues, may take a couple days but trip report soon!

Glad to hear you made it back home with no issues. Cool That means ALL of that work you had just finished worked out in your favor. Congrats.
64 T-34 Ghia...aka Wolfie, under construction... http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=412120
Tram wrote:
Tram wrote:
VWporscheGT3
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 12:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Type 3 Roadtrip (June 17-20th) Reply with quote

now that i have figured out im going to have to modify every dang photo... post soon

Bobnotch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 6:53 am    Post subject: Re: Type 3 Roadtrip (June 17-20th) Reply with quote

VWporscheGT3 wrote:

now that i have figured out im going to have to modify every dang photo... post soon

Dang that's a big cat in front of your car.
Tram wrote:
Tram wrote:
Clatter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2021 7:42 am    Post subject: Re: Type 3 Roadtrip (June 17-20th) Reply with quote

Lets see some pics of your trip..!

Those of us with inop cars get to live vicariously.. Razz

What’s That Noise?!?
Max Welton
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2021 8:15 am    Post subject: Re: Type 3 Roadtrip (June 17-20th) Reply with quote

VWporscheGT3 wrote:

https://www.irfanview.com/

Good for modifying (like resizing) large numbers of images en mass.

Max
VWporscheGT3
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:15 am    Post subject: Re: Type 3 Roadtrip (June 17-20th) Reply with quote

Max Welton wrote:
VWporscheGT3 wrote:

https://www.irfanview.com/

Good for modifying (like resizing) large numbers of images en mass.

Max

Thank you for the heads up, I just need to sit down and get them done. this last weekend my wife tried to kill me with a 22 mile hike over 3 days (doesnt sound like much , but im out of shape) so i just wanted to be a vegetable on sunday and monday.
I promise , post soon

VWporscheGT3
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2021 8:47 am    Post subject: Re: Type 3 Roadtrip (June 17-20th) Reply with quote

Here we are beautiful June 17th. Dad showed up on the 15th , and spent the day with the grandkids on the 16th. He came by the office and I showed him around , showed him how we develop pistons.
we woke up about 5am and did the final loading. I had just about anything you could think of as back ups.. a small craftsman toolbox with just about anything I could possibly use or need for possible break downs. overflowing parts bag with voltage regulator , cables , plugs , wires , extra fuel pump , etc. small jack, two jack stands, about 6 gallons of extra fuel in those flat gas cans above the tank... i mean everything.

Oliver our Geriatric outdoor cat saying goodbye.

with the little chrome tunnel basket holding our coffee's and energy drinks we headed out on Hwy 88. and then climbed up over highway 89 to hwy 50 and finally on our way to Sacramento.

Link

Link

The further we got down into the thick air the more power Donald had it was great. the ability to pass cars in the fast lane was amazing and all the while the car was running nice and cool.
We decided to stop at Denny's closest to Bugformance in sac and got some breakfast. I have a picture of my dad but apparently i didn't upload it yet. finish up eating and we head over to the shop where I need to buy some smaller jets. i was on 125's and it was way too fat. went down to 120's and we were just about perfect down there in the cool air. Top off the gas tank (20mpg first fill) and head on out.

Link
i think this is actually coming down into the sacramento valley but cruising along

Bobnotch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:41 am    Post subject: Re: Type 3 Roadtrip (June 17-20th) Reply with quote

Nice pics and video. Thanks for sharing. Cool
Tram wrote:
Tram wrote:
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Type 3 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: