Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

TIICO Accelerator cable anyone???
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Syncromama
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:09 pm    Post subject: TIICO Accelerator cable anyone??? Reply with quote

In 2001 I had a TIICO conversion kit dropped into my ‘87 tintop Syncro. Last week the accelerator cable broke. The accelerator side is normal “post style” end. The engine side looks like a little ball. Anyone know where I might try for this part? Waiting on GoWesty, FAS, Vancafe and RMW.
82westyrabbit
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:28 pm    Post subject: Re: TIICO Accelerator cable anyone??? Reply with quote

Make one. You buy a 82 diesel vanagon cable and golf cable then you clamp the golf cable end to the vanagon cable. That is what the Ticco instructions say to do. I don’t know if anyone is makeing a cable that just fits. I can’t get you pictures for a couple of days. But I will get you a picture then if you need it. John
pdm777
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:28 pm    Post subject: Re: TIICO Accelerator cable anyone??? Reply with quote

82westyrabbit--

Pls send the cable instructions to me.

Still keepin' the Tiico running smooth,
a never ending process!

Are there any active Tiico groups ?>???
Vanagon Nut
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:43 pm    Post subject: Re: TIICO Accelerator cable anyone??? Reply with quote

I can't recall for sure which one I used but there may be a length (and price Wink ) difference between an accelerator cable for a manual transmission and automatic transmission equipped Mk3. I think I used the "manual" type on each of my ABA conversions. (they're similar to the Tiico).

I used two barrel clamps to clamp the Vanagon "slug" to cut Mk3 cable. Same idea for other ABA. They've never come loose.

Neil.

I think this is what John means but here's what I did. Custom bracket shown in non OE spot on block. Ignore yellow arrow.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

1988 West DIY 50º ABA

VE7TBN
Californio
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:19 pm    Post subject: Re: TIICO Accelerator cable anyone??? Reply with quote

There's a Google group for Tiicos. Also call Foreign Auto Service (FAS) in Maine, they know their stuff.
metropoj
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:27 pm    Post subject: Re: TIICO Accelerator cable anyone??? Reply with quote

Californio wrote:
There's a Google group for Tiicos. Also call Foreign Auto Service (FAS) in Maine, they know their stuff.

Yes, groups.io is where the archives and members went. I found out by accident a few months back.

Interesting option about the fabicobbled accelerator cable above, thanks for the post. I bought the ones from FAS , they carry a few options
82westyrabbit
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 5:03 pm    Post subject: Re: TIICO Accelerator cable anyone??? Reply with quote

Sorry I dropped the ball on this one. The Ticco used the 82 diesel cable (it is longer than the other vanagon cables. I have the pictures in my phone I just didn’t get them on the form. I will post everything tomorrow. I have never had a cable break but I carry a spare one in my just in case. John
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: