Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

My kids know me (Father’s day camping 2021)
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
candyman
Samba Trout Slayer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 5:53 pm    Post subject: My kids know me (Father’s day camping 2021) Reply with quote

First night camp with my wife and two kids 9 and 6, then they leave me to go off and explore on my own for a few nights. But before they do, they leave me with some nice parting gifts to keep me company. Made a nice keto friendly breakfast and sent them on their way! I discovered that the winnerwell wood stove doubles nicely as a fire pit in addition to heating my ARB tent in the cooler months.
Im not a fan of camp ground fire pits as they are never usually in a good place for me. And they are also so full of gross garbage and food scraps from previous campers that they are gross to use. And when i disperse camp, I prefer not to make a fire ring if avoidable (LNT).
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Silverghost500
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:00 pm    Post subject: Re: My kids know me (Father’s day camping 2021) Reply with quote

Nice camp setup and camp site!

Von Westy YouTube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbhyZYxJEQrUuLnMbLleeIA
jimf909 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:32 pm    Post subject: Re: My kids know me (Father’s day camping 2021) Reply with quote

That looks like a whole lotta fantastic. Enjoy.

Abscate wrote:
Do not get killed, do not kill others.

Current: 1990 Westy Camper - Bostig RG4, 2wd, manual trans w/Peloquin, NAHT high-top, 280 ah LFP battery, 160 watts solar, Flash Silver, seam rust, bondo, etc., etc.

Past: 1985 Westy Camper - 1.9 wbx, 2wd, manual trans, Merian Brown, (sold after 17 years to Northwesty who converted it to a Syncro).
dobryan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:16 am    Post subject: Re: My kids know me (Father’s day camping 2021) Reply with quote

Really nice! Enjoy!

"To travel hopefully is a better thing than to arrive." Robert Louis Stevenson

MD>Canada>AK>WA>OR>CA>AZ>UT>WY>SD
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=620646

Building a bus for travel in Europe (euroBus)
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=695371

The Western Syncro build
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=746794
raydog
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:50 am    Post subject: Re: My kids know me (Father’s day camping 2021) Reply with quote

Looks like fun. What is holding the smoke pipe up vertically? It looks as if the weight of the pipe is going to tip the woodstove over.
thatbaldwinlife
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:15 am    Post subject: Re: My kids know me (Father’s day camping 2021) Reply with quote

Looks awesome and I love that high top graphic!
nate
That Baldwin Life YouTube Channel
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
joetiger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:44 am    Post subject: Re: My kids know me (Father’s day camping 2021) Reply with quote

goldtooth wrote:
nate

X2! Happy Father's Day!

'86 NAHT Vanagon GL Syncro/ supercharged ABA 2.0 "Pigpen"
'04 GTI 1.8T
'04 Golf R32

"get metaphysical with it. if it's simply a means to get to and from places, it will let you down. if it becomes your zen, it can't fail you." -dabaron

"Still, it's good to be afield."--VWagabond

Available Now! Vanagon to Louisiana--A Two-Lane Reckoning Through Past and Present

www.josephtrussell.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
candyman
Samba Trout Slayer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:04 am    Post subject: Re: My kids know me (Father’s day camping 2021) Reply with quote

raydog wrote:
Looks like fun. What is holding the smoke pipe up vertically? It looks as if the weight of the pipe is going to tip the woodstove over.

Its surprisingly stable. There are guy line loops on the spark arrestor and stake holes thru the legs. So lots of options to stabilize it once its in the tent. The guy lines up top work great in the wind.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
candyman
Samba Trout Slayer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:13 am    Post subject: Re: My kids know me (Father’s day camping 2021) Reply with quote

joetiger wrote:
goldtooth wrote:
nate

X2! Happy Father's Day!

Thanks! Yea $30 worth of auto wrap until I figure out what ultimately want to do. The arctic camo is funky but it works. Its a face only a father could love Wink
tim_ha
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:18 am    Post subject: Re: My kids know me (Father’s day camping 2021) Reply with quote

One of your kids artistic renditions of the arctic camo is fantastic too! Happy Father's Day.
candyman
Samba Trout Slayer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:25 am    Post subject: Re: My kids know me (Father’s day camping 2021) Reply with quote

tim_ha wrote:
One of your kids artistic renditions of the arctic camo is fantastic too! Happy Father's Day.

Thanks! Thats my 6 yr old. He draws buses non stop everyday for the last 4 years. I have a box full of them. Those are the best things
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: