Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Is anyone still doing a dropped spring plate?
Forum Index -> Type 3 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
lawn ninja
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:50 am    Post subject: Is anyone still doing a dropped spring plate? Reply with quote

So it's been a while since I've looked for a set of these. I've run all sorts of different plate setups on my cars and although it may be anecdotal the dropped plates had the best overall ride. I ran them on my ghia and they worked really well. With the extended length for toe adjustment and the ability to preload the spring plate the car really rode much smoother. Problem is ATOMWerks looks to be an utter train wreck of a situation from the feedback thread here. When I originally got them the guy was just at the beginnings and I paid introductory prices and got them fast. Apparently that's no longer the case now I guess you pay top dollar for them and are lucky if you ever get them.

My ghia:
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Then I ran the sway-a-way adjustable plates on the back of my 58 Bug. They seemed to work well But they seem like overkill for a street car and I liked the longer drop plates as it made it easier to adjust toe and putting the suspension in a basically stock position to take advantage of the spring travel made it ride really smooth.

The 58:

In any case does anyone know of a decent company that is still producing these or some variant of them? Is there a reason people stopped producing them?

My 64 1500 S Notchback project here
My 58 sedan project here
My 63 Ghia here
rosevillain
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:25 am    Post subject: Re: Is anyone still doing a dropped spring plate? Reply with quote

Not a company, necessarily, but on Instagram there's a fella cage66 (Chase Hill). He will do you up with a reasonably priced set of extended, or adjustable, or extended/ adjustable spring plates. His work is top notch, as he is a structural welder by trade. You will wait, he will give you an accurate lead time, as he is a one man shop with a family and a regular job. Dude is stand-up, high quality, and I will buy from him again.
Jason37
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Is anyone still doing a dropped spring plate? Reply with quote

https://type-emotorsports.com/ Brian_e on here

I am running his adjustable plates on my 63.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Type 3 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: