Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

VW Rolls Royce Front End
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
CWAVE
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:47 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Rolls Royce Front End Reply with quote

I've never been a fan of the Ford/RR etc hoods appearing on anything other than a Ford/RR. Granted, in my youth, I did my share of "customization's"... some I would deem today to be quite cringe-worthy.

Having gone through all these phases, I'm now more of a purist in terms of the look and feel of the car now, so I'm not a fan of anything other than the stock look anymore. Even the patina look sends chills up my spine.

But, as mentioned, it's your bug, and whatever makes you happy is the right thing for you! My only hope is that people minimize the non-reversible changes they do, as none of us are the permanent caretakers of these wonderful little cars. Well taken care of, they have the potential of being around for generations to come. I like the thought of my VW putting a smile on someones face 50 or 100 years from now. Ya... my VW is in good enough shape that, kept in favorable conditions, could easily last that long... I'll do my part!

Now excuse me while I go keep my beetle company for a while... Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
andk5591
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:34 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Rolls Royce Front End Reply with quote

Why the hell not. If you like it and want to get it for something different, go for it. I have 2 VW Woodies along the lines of 40 Fords. But also have several stock looking cars and, eventually, an honest patina 66 bug that will get a Suby conversion.

Check out the car itself most importantly...If its what you want and the RR kit looks like what you want, awesome. The thing is the value of this kind of car is dependent on what someone is willing to pay. Modified cars have a smaller potential market, so the price can go either way...
"John's car" 64 VW woodie - The first ever
Maxine 61 Cal-look bug - Cindy's daily driver.
Max - 73 standard Beetle hearse project - For sale
66 bug project - Real patina & Suby conversion
There's more, but not keeping them...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
andk5591
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:34 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Rolls Royce Front End Reply with quote

Why the hell not. If you like it and want to get it for something different, go for it. I have 2 VW Woodies along the lines of 40 Fords. But also have several stock looking cars and, eventually, an honest patina 66 bug that will get a Suby conversion.

Check out the car itself most importantly...If its what you want and the RR kit looks like what you want, awesome. The thing is the value of this kind of car is dependent on what someone is willing to pay. Modified cars have a smaller potential market, so the price can go either way...
"John's car" 64 VW woodie - The first ever
Maxine 61 Cal-look bug - Cindy's daily driver.
Max - 73 standard Beetle hearse project - For sale
66 bug project - Real patina & Suby conversion
There's more, but not keeping them...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
BIGMIKEY
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:48 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Rolls Royce Front End Reply with quote

The only one that I felt was acceptable looking was one offered by Creative car Craft. As others have stated, you should do what you are happy with.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Mike T

Deserter Series 1 project.
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=787047&highlight=

1973 Beetle Driver, Marina Blue.
MACJELLY58
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:52 am    Post subject: Re: VW Rolls Royce Front End Reply with quote

I really like the slope of the nose on that one, "BIGMIKEY"!! I would agree with...go with what you like. The purists would have a cow with what I'm doing to my car now!! Embarassed
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: