Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Gutter Mounts for ARB Awning: GoWesty vs. NorthWesty vs. RMW/VC?
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Franagon
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:01 am    Post subject: Re: Gutter Mounts for ARB Awning: GoWesty vs. NorthWesty vs. RMW/VC? Reply with quote

I gave them a call. They seemed pretty certain it would work with the rack that I have. I will mock it up at home and get a better visual. The key is to remember to post the finished product with the canopy and rack so others can see as well. Thanks all again!
plummerdesign
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Gutter Mounts for ARB Awning: GoWesty vs. NorthWesty vs. RMW/VC? Reply with quote

This summer I mounted the ARB Touring awning (aluminum case) on (2) NorthWesty stainless steel brackets to my 1984 Westfalia. Could not have been easier.
: )
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
CherryPi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 5:55 am    Post subject: Re: Gutter Mounts for ARB Awning: GoWesty vs. NorthWesty vs. RMW/VC? Reply with quote

eleven wrote:
Hey "Private Marty"... It looks like you got the gutter clip in upside down. See screenshots below:

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

I have these brackets for my new ARB awning as well and I cannot figure out how they are set up. I really do not understand the diagram that came with the kit either.

Can anyone post some step by step pictures of how the go westy brackets are supposed to fit together and then fit on the gutter?

Be kind. I am smart normally, but just don't see it on this.

I wish I had done more research and ordered the NW brackets because I am not planning to drill into my van either.
Vanuber
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:55 am    Post subject: Re: Gutter Mounts for ARB Awning: GoWesty vs. NorthWesty vs. RMW/VC? Reply with quote

kamzcab86 wrote:
So, I recommend going with NorthWesty's or Van Cafe's.

Thanks for the recommendation. I have the RMW brackets on order. Unfortunately, I will have to wait until late July or August to install them with my backordered Fiamma F45S. I am surprised more people are not going with the RMW brackets - beefy strong and powder coated. I like the old GW brackets with powder coating, but the new stainless version just looks unfinished.

FYI - You can order parts directly from Fiamma USA. I was under the impression they were wholesalers only and end consumers had to buy through a dealer. Direct pricing and shipping was comparable but cheaper than GW and Van Cafe.
'02 Subaru Forester 2.5L
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
eeberhar
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2023 3:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Gutter Mounts for ARB Awning: GoWesty vs. NorthWesty vs. RMW/VC? Reply with quote

dgbeatty wrote:
We use and recommend Northwesties hand down. We also strong encourage the use of three mounts as ARB recommends. For the early style gutters we simply weld a small stainless bar to the backside at no charge. It is a 5 minute job. Overall much much better than the "universal" versions.

Does anyone have a picture of this? Sounds like a great idea!

thanks
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: