Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

2019 Ford f series truck switched power
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
16CVs Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:13 pm    Post subject: 2019 Ford f series truck switched power Reply with quote

Anyone out here work on a new Ford truck and can tell me where to a get a switched power source form.
Everything is run through the Can Bus and I don't want to cook something.

Stayc
Samba member # 14980
Call anytime number 650 722 4914 .
Keep Your van running and upkept tastefully for the love of the hobby.
Don't let your van end up in an "abortions" thread.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:57 pm    Post subject: Re: 2019 Ford f series truck switched power Reply with quote

i'm assuming this truck didn't come with the upfitter option?

https://owner.ford.com/support/how-tos/interior/el...tches.html

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:
most VW enthusiasts are stuck in 80's price land.

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
16CVs Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:54 pm    Post subject: Re: 2019 Ford f series truck switched power Reply with quote

It does have the Up fitter package which I grabbed a hot lead from, what is not there is a Ign switched source to power to activate the relay for the power windows.

After getting into the fuse block with my Power Probe I found a switched fuse and used a Fuse tap to grab power. These are not the the cheesy grab around the fuse leg. It actually slides in the fuse slot with a separate fuse for the output and the stock location with a short lead on it.

These new trucks use a micro fuse which is more compact than a ATM fuse. A great way to get to the end. This was a fun project and I'd love to do another , I could surely trim a few hours off of the project.
Samba member # 14980
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
LAGrunthaner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:45 am    Post subject: Re: 2019 Ford f series truck switched power Reply with quote

16CVs, very interesting topic. Is your truck an aluminum body of standard? Only asking for mpg followup. Eventually I'd like something bigger, maybe a Ranger, but the F150 is King as is all tool knowledge.

BTW how did you locate your samba number in your signature line?
Linda

16CVs wrote:
It does have the Up fitter package which I grabbed a hot lead from, what is not there is a Ign switched source to power to activate the relay for the power windows.

After getting into the fuse block with my Power Probe I found a switched fuse and used a Fuse tap to grab power. These are not the the cheesy grab around the fuse leg. It actually slides in the fuse slot with a separate fuse for the output and the stock location with a short lead on it.

These new trucks use a micro fuse which is more compact than a ATM fuse. A great way to get to the end. This was a fun project and I'd love to do another , I could surely trim a few hours off of the project.

Cool video skills@eurocarsplus as I've never heard of an "upfitter" and being my daily is a Mini Truck I love all trucks and want to increase my knowledge bank.

skills@eurocarsplus wrote:
i'm assuming this truck didn't come with the upfitter option?

https://owner.ford.com/support/how-tos/interior/el...tches.html

www.mauiroadsters.com
http://www.oacdp.org
Lind wrote:
Have you considered simply starting with a nicer bus? I don't know what your skills are, but the race is easier if you can see the finish line. If you are not a runner, don't start off doing a marathon.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:04 am    Post subject: Re: 2019 Ford f series truck switched power Reply with quote

i'm not a Ferd guy really. there are a handful of FoMoCo products from days gone by that i have respect for

i fell into the trap of servicing these junks when a landscaper hitched his wagon to my shop. momma and sis drove volvo's (which i service) and well....i like money so he's really the only domestic trash i work on.

here is what i can say about Fords..... never in my life have i seen 80k worth of truck evaporate into huge piles of rusty shit in such a short period of time. they had a V10 with 9k on it that needed rockers in 3 years. that was the worst truck i have ever seen.

granted, they do use some of their trucks for plowing.... BUT these guys are older and maintain stuff like old ladies. they literally wash them with a pressure washer after each storm....and they still rot

the past few years they have been doing fluid film which seems to have helped a lot. now after every storm they wash and re-apply the FF.

anyway, in terms of the upfitter stuff i swear 1 or 2 or the switches were tied to keyed ignition. i'd have to dig up the diagram

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:
most VW enthusiasts are stuck in 80's price land.

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
16CVs Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:52 am    Post subject: Re: 2019 Ford f series truck switched power Reply with quote

It’s not my truck, I have no need for a 550 Super Duty with a boom on it. All the new Ford trucks are aluminum. It does drive nice. Owning that truck would scare me, I do work for the local Ford Dealership and see too many of these trucks with the cab pulled So they can service it. What’s going to happen when you break down in Bum Fuck somewhere and there’s no local guy that can pull the cab.

Anyway it’s working and it was tons of fun.

Stacy
Samba member # 14980
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: