Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Denver Vanagons & Microbrews (like Cars & Coffee, but tastier)
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
joetiger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 1:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Denver Vanagons & Microbrews (like Cars & Coffee, but tastier) Reply with quote

tjet wrote:

I want to go too, but do you allow rectangular headlight vans? Laughing

That's crazy! I didn't notice until you brought it up. Lori's grey tin top (Dolores) has square headlights. She's in the middle too, so she must be our leader. Smile

'86 NAHT Vanagon GL Syncro/ supercharged ABA 2.0 "Pigpen"
'04 GTI 1.8T
'04 Golf R32

"get metaphysical with it. if it's simply a means to get to and from places, it will let you down. if it becomes your zen, it can't fail you." -dabaron

"Still, it's good to be afield."--VWagabond

Available Now! Vanagon to Louisiana--A Two-Lane Reckoning Through Past and Present

www.josephtrussell.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Jake de Villiers
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:51 am    Post subject: Re: Denver Vanagons & Microbrews (like Cars & Coffee, but tastier) Reply with quote

tjet wrote:
joetiger wrote:

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

I want to go too, but do you allow rectangular headlight vans? Laughing

Mmm - they already have a token rectangular headlight tin top. Shocked
http://sites.google.com/site/subyjake/mydixiedarlin%27
www.crescentbeachguitar.com
www.thebassspa.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
tjet Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Denver Vanagons & Microbrews (like Cars & Coffee, but tastier) Reply with quote

Crying or Very sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Jake de Villiers
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:21 am    Post subject: Re: Denver Vanagons & Microbrews (like Cars & Coffee, but tastier) Reply with quote

tjet wrote:
Crying or Very sad

Buck up - they don't have a lifted Syncro tin top with rectangular lights! Laughing
http://sites.google.com/site/subyjake/mydixiedarlin%27
www.crescentbeachguitar.com
www.thebassspa.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
joetiger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:22 am    Post subject: Re: Denver Vanagons & Microbrews (like Cars & Coffee, but tastier) Reply with quote

On our Denver Vanagons fbook group, one of the members suggested an impromptu meet up on Sunday at The Acreage, which is the Stem Cider mothership in Lafayette, CO.

Link

We had a total of 15 Vanagons in attendance, which is pretty good for only a couple of days' notice. The facility has plenty of outdoor seating and the weather cooperated. I mean it was a bit cold, but Sunday did offer a break between snowstorms. This is April in Colorado, after all.

I was happily surprised to have never met a majority of the people in attendance. Our little fbook group of 30 or so members has exploded to over 220 in the past few months, and several of the folks in attendance yesterday were new owners. I love the enthusiasm and the fact that there are fresh ears to hear my old stories. Smile

We're working with a shop in Denver to host a BBQ/Tech Day/Swap Meet sometime in July or August in addition to regular meetups.

Sanchius, your dream lives on!

'04 GTI 1.8T
'04 Golf R32

"get metaphysical with it. if it's simply a means to get to and from places, it will let you down. if it becomes your zen, it can't fail you." -dabaron

Available Now! Vanagon to Louisiana--A Two-Lane Reckoning Through Past and Present

www.josephtrussell.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Yellow Rabbit
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:37 am    Post subject: Re: Denver Vanagons & Microbrews (like Cars & Coffee, but tastier) Reply with quote

That looks fun! Next time, can someone in the FB group post here ahead of the event for those of us no longer on FB?
joetiger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:55 am    Post subject: Re: Denver Vanagons & Microbrews (like Cars & Coffee, but tastier) Reply with quote

Yellow Rabbit wrote:
That looks fun! Next time, can someone in the FB group post here ahead of the event for those of us no longer on FB?

That's my job, and I failed miserably. It came together really quickly and posting to this thread completely slipped my mind. I will be more diligent in the future!

'04 GTI 1.8T
'04 Golf R32

www.josephtrussell.com
joetiger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Denver Vanagons & Microbrews (like Cars & Coffee, but tastier) Reply with quote

Denver Vanagons Meetup, in which we welcome back The Godfather (Sanchius) and special guest Bobbyblack!

Wednesday, June 23rd, 5:00 PM

Smokin' Yards BBQ Denver
900 West 1st Avenue
Denver 80223

https://www.smokinyards.com/

The place was recommended by one of our Fbook Denver Vanagons members. I called today and they said they have a good sized parking lot that *should* facilitate lots of Vanagons on a Wednesday afternoon.

'04 GTI 1.8T
'04 Golf R32

www.josephtrussell.com
sanchius Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:03 am    Post subject: Re: Denver Vanagons & Microbrews (like Cars & Coffee, but tastier) Reply with quote

BBQ, yum, great choice. See you there!

joetiger wrote:
Denver Vanagons Meetup, in which we welcome back The Godfather (Sanchius) and special guest Bobbyblack!

Wednesday, June 23rd, 5:00 PM

Smokin' Yards BBQ Denver
900 West 1st Avenue
Denver 80223

https://www.smokinyards.com/

The place was recommended by one of our Fbook Denver Vanagons members. I called today and they said they have a good sized parking lot that *should* facilitate lots of Vanagons on a Wednesday afternoon.

sanchius Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:45 am    Post subject: Re: Denver Vanagons & Microbrews (like Cars & Coffee, but tastier) Reply with quote

Bump for today.

I'm doing some garage cleaning and will be bringing some 2.1L WBX parts to give away if anyone is working on a project.

(Parts: 4 heads, 2 engine cradles, starter, catalytic converter, power steering pump, $ycro front transmission mounts, valve covers, pass intake grill, set of rectangular headlights, and other misc parts)

Last edited by sanchius on Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
dobryan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Denver Vanagons & Microbrews (like Cars & Coffee, but tastier) Reply with quote

I hope to see you all this September. I'll be in the Denver area Sept 11 and 12 on the way back from Syncro Solstice. Very Happy

"To travel hopefully is a better thing than to arrive." Robert Louis Stevenson

MD>Canada>AK>WA>OR>CA>AZ>UT>WY>SD
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=620646

Building a bus for travel in Europe (euroBus)
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=695371

The Western Syncro build
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=746794
Yellow Rabbit
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Denver Vanagons & Microbrews (like Cars & Coffee, but tastier) Reply with quote

Bummer I couldn’t make it. Any pics?
joetiger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Denver Vanagons & Microbrews (like Cars & Coffee, but tastier) Reply with quote

Not a great pic, but...

Good turnout for a Wednesday afternoon! We had six vans and three owners without their vans, great BBQ and fantastic conversation. Thoroughly enjoyed getting to see old friends and make new ones.

'04 GTI 1.8T
'04 Golf R32

www.josephtrussell.com
bobbyblack Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 6:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Denver Vanagons & Microbrews (like Cars & Coffee, but tastier) Reply with quote

Was a great time, enjoyed meeting all of you!! The RR show was damn fine too!!

Even as all that, glad to get home without any issues!!

Cheers!!
joetiger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 7:53 am    Post subject: Re: Denver Vanagons & Microbrews (like Cars & Coffee, but tastier) Reply with quote

Anybody going to the Overland Expo in Loveland tomorrow?

https://www.overlandexpo.com/mtn-west/

Barring unforeseen whatevers, I'm thinking of heading up tomorrow.

'04 GTI 1.8T
'04 Golf R32

www.josephtrussell.com
dobryan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:10 am    Post subject: Re: Denver Vanagons & Microbrews (like Cars & Coffee, but tastier) Reply with quote

Hey everyone,

I am going to be in Denver Saturday September 11 afternoon thru Sunday the 12th on my way back home from Syncro Solstice in Moab, Utah.

Any chance we could get together sometime then?

Regards,

Dave O

The Western Syncro build
joetiger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:21 am    Post subject: Re: Denver Vanagons & Microbrews (like Cars & Coffee, but tastier) Reply with quote

dobryan wrote:
Hey everyone,

I am going to be in Denver Saturday September 11 afternoon thru Sunday the 12th on my way back home from Syncro Solstice in Moab, Utah.

Any chance we could get together sometime then?

Regards,

Dave O

Dave, my daughter's birthday is that weekend and I don't know how large it is and/or how involved I'll be in any festivities, so I can't give a solid answer right now.

If anybody else wants to jump in with suggestions, please do!

In the meantime, I'll throw it out to the Denver Vanagons group as well.

'04 GTI 1.8T
'04 Golf R32

www.josephtrussell.com
dobryan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:53 am    Post subject: Re: Denver Vanagons & Microbrews (like Cars & Coffee, but tastier) Reply with quote

Any gathering happening this weekend?

I am open Sat afternoon/evening and Sunday morning/afternoon/evening.

Maybe a Sunday breakfast gathering?

The Western Syncro build
sanchius Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2021 1:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Denver Vanagons & Microbrews (like Cars & Coffee, but tastier) Reply with quote

dobryan wrote:
Maybe a Sunday breakfast gathering?

I'll be in town Sunday morning. Let's meet up at 8:30am Sun Sep 12 at:

South Side Walnut Cafe, 673 S Broadway, Boulder, CO 80305 720-304-8118

There's a big parking lot there as well.
joetiger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2021 1:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Denver Vanagons & Microbrews (like Cars & Coffee, but tastier) Reply with quote

I'll let the rest of the crowd know. I'm sorry I can't join y'all! I'm 0 for 2 on Vanagon gatherings this month. Sad

'04 GTI 1.8T
'04 Golf R32

www.josephtrussell.com
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Jump to:
Page 9 of 13

Jump to: