Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

GoWesty spacers cause a big lean?
Forum Index -> Eurovan Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
peet1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:14 pm    Post subject: GoWesty spacers cause a big lean? Reply with quote

Installed the GoWesty spacers per their instructions for my 1997 EVC. That’s 1” of spacers on the left and 0.5” spacer on the right. And boy is there a pronounced lean. The drivers side is a solid inch higher than the left (measured just in front of the rear wheel 12” left 11” right … I still have the 15” wheels mouted)

I’m currently not half full on water/gas but an inch seems like a lot. And there is an obvious lean. I would be really surprised if I fall water tank and full LP would change anything.

I’m going to pull the second pad on the left for now. I need to get the 16 wheels on and an alignment.

I did like the extra inch. I’d add a second pad to the right if I had one.

Thoughts?
cwparrott
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:01 am    Post subject: Re: GoWesty spacers cause a big lean? Reply with quote

I think you need the second pad if you have a lean prior in my option. I added the second pad on my 95 because I did have a lean before install. For you I would definitely remove it 15" wheels of not

Chris
wannabecamper
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:24 pm    Post subject: Re: GoWesty spacers cause a big lean? Reply with quote

For my 95, it worked out good with 2 on the left and 1 on the right, but before the spacer installation, there was a noticeable lean to the left.

One thing I did (I am not sure whether it really makes a difference) was to rotate the left spring and the seat in such a way that the end of the spring, which is slightly higher, was facing the rear on the left side and the right side was facing forward. Maybe I am meticulous aka anal, but it seems to have worked fine for mine.
MrPulldown
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:24 am    Post subject: Re: GoWesty spacers cause a big lean? Reply with quote

peet1 wrote:
Installed the GoWesty spacers per their instructions for my 1997 EVC. That’s 1” of spacers on the left and 0.5” spacer on the right. And boy is there a pronounced lean. The drivers side is a solid inch higher than the left (measured just in front of the rear wheel 12” left 11” right … I still have the 15” wheels mouted)

I’m currently not half full on water/gas but an inch seems like a lot. And there is an obvious lean. I would be really surprised if I fall water tank and full LP would change anything.

I’m going to pull the second pad on the left for now. I need to get the 16 wheels on and an alignment.

I did like the extra inch. I’d add a second pad to the right if I had one.

Thoughts?

Did you drive around a bit and let it settle? When I did my rear "lift" I only installed a 1/2" pad on the driver side. Leveled out the back end. It was leaning before.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Eurovan All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: