Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Seinfeld Sister Split
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Beetle - Split-Window/1938-53 VWs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wiggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Seinfeld Sister Split Reply with quote

Your second point is falsehood. This is not negativity. It’s the truth. It could be possible that the same person owned the cars in Belgium but they did not come to the states together.

My 58 Ghia Vert

My 51 Split 11G

My 57 Deluxe

My 56 Oval
Wiggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 5:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Seinfeld Sister Split Reply with quote

Here are some pics. Note hand made radio also in video with Jerry.

Oh look! A picture of the car being sent to Hiram. I have a bill of sale if you want to argue.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

My 58 Ghia Vert

My 51 Split 11G

My 57 Deluxe

My 56 Oval
rag63
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:25 am    Post subject: Re: Seinfeld Sister Split Reply with quote

Beautiful car, thanks for sharing.
Dave
Mr. OGPaint
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:15 am    Post subject: Re: Seinfeld Sister Split Reply with quote

Maybe it’s better to not respond, but I will anyways.

I didn’t interpret responses to this thread to be negative towards the car or the OP. It did get a little ugly when the OP started trying to exclude opinions that weren’t in complete agreement. People trying to clear up information or disagreeing doesn’t seem rude to me, it's actually helpful. Correct provenance is important, as a matter of fact misrepresented provenance seems to distract buyers and cause them to call the seller into question.

Thank you Wiggy for helping clean up the history of the Seinfeld split. Those who have been here for a long time know very clearly that Wiggy and Dustin are former owners and this was an exceptional car prior to getting painted and Seinfeld’s ownership.

Brian, your car shared a garage and an owner with the Seinfeld car for a time. Cool. Perhaps another owner will pay you for that.

I hope you get every possible penny your car is worth and that a buyer is super happy with the car and gets the most honest story possible and then decides what it’s worth to them. Price is by nature, an opinion and an agreement between buyer and seller.

My brown 52 shared a garage and long term ownership by a prominent collector/board member of the PCA with Seinfeld’s low mileage French Blue 550 spyder that sold for like $5million. Cool. It’s a neat fact, it’s a fun campfire story. 3 degrees of Jerry Seinfeld I guess. Personally, I think it ads no/little financial value to my car...but if someone wants to offer a big premium I guess I’ll listen to offers.
disneyherbie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:06 am    Post subject: Re: Seinfeld Sister Split Reply with quote

Oh wow! Would you look at that? Wiggy provided black and white (with color pics) proof of what we've been saying all along. My friend Clayton originally imported the car and Wiggy sold it to Hiram. Don't be mad when you get called out for posting false information. Telling Wiggy to stay off this thread when he's only trying to state facts and give you history on something you've clearly been misled on only makes you look bad. A split window is cool enough on its own without you having to embellish some far fetched connection to Jerry Seinfeld to bolster its story and value. Why don't you enjoy the car for what it is instead of playing the victim and blaming others for comments you don't want to hear...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Wiggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:22 am    Post subject: Re: Seinfeld Sister Split Reply with quote

disneyherbie wrote:
Oh wow! Would you look at that? Wiggy provided black and white (with color pics) proof of what we've been saying all along. My friend Clayton originally imported the car and Wiggy sold it to Hiram. Don't be mad when you get called out for posting false information. Telling Wiggy to stay off this thread when he's only trying to state facts and give you history on something you've clearly been misled on only makes you look bad. A split window is cool enough on its own without you having to embellish some far fetched connection to Jerry Seinfeld to bolster its story and value. Why don't you enjoy the car for to what it is instead of playing the victim and blaming others for comments you don't want to hear...

Thank you.

Status quo for this guy. I remember years ago him asking the value of 16 inch rims and people, including me, gave their opinion. Then he got pissed off about people’s opinion that he asked for. 🤷‍♂️

Can’t win.

My 58 Ghia Vert

My 51 Split 11G

My 57 Deluxe

My 56 Oval
Erik G
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Seinfeld Sister Split Reply with quote

Wiggy wrote:
disneyherbie wrote:
Oh wow! Would you look at that? Wiggy provided black and white (with color pics) proof of what we've been saying all along. My friend Clayton originally imported the car and Wiggy sold it to Hiram. Don't be mad when you get called out for posting false information. Telling Wiggy to stay off this thread when he's only trying to state facts and give you history on something you've clearly been misled on only makes you look bad. A split window is cool enough on its own without you having to embellish some far fetched connection to Jerry Seinfeld to bolster its story and value. Why don't you enjoy the car for to what it is instead of playing the victim and blaming others for comments you don't want to hear...

Thank you.

Status quo for this guy. I remember years ago him asking the value of 16 inch rims and people, including me, gave their opinion. Then he got pissed off about people’s opinion that he asked for. 🤷‍♂️

Can’t win.

could be some dementia or early onset. he's asked about the Seinfeld car before and got the same answer, from Clayton himself

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6170067&highlight=#6170067

Brian Eis wrote:
fraudulent

adj : intended to deceive; "deceitful advertising"; "fallacious testimony"; "smooth, shining, and deceitful as thin ice" - S.T.Coleridge; "a fraudulent scheme to escape paying taxes" [syn: deceitful, fallacious]

Brian Eis
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:17 am    Post subject: Re: Seinfeld Sister Split Reply with quote

I did some more researching of the relationship between these cars. Ive made some discovery that is helpful, but I have to say its been challenging not to stoop to the low level name calling that Kevin and others have resorted to. To those who have insulted me, all I can say is "Grow up."

My 1952CC vw Split window Delux sedan was sold new in Antwerp Belgium on August 26th of 1952. Jerrys car was sold at the same dealership on May 20th 1952, so my car is a couple of months older. Jerrrys car went on to be owned by martin tilkin and Maria peeters of Antwerp Belgium. My car was sold to Olivia Nilsson of Everod Sweden. It eventually made its way back to Belgium, and then to Brussels where it was imported in a shipping container with Jerrys car to the US. Hiram sold both cars, one to me, the other to Jerry. Hiram used the services of Randy with Old bug to feature the car for sale. I was fortunate to buy mine directly from the samba.

Let me make this clear: I have ZERO intention of profiting from this story. Im merely interested in the history of the relationship between both cars. Id appreciate a bit of civility and respect in the comments to follow. Ive made no low blows to you folks and Ive stayed with dignity throughout your disrespectful remarks. Thanks for your help and understanding. I appreciate this forum and the opportunity to network with fellow vw enthusiasts. Cheers!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
tisius
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:06 am    Post subject: Re: Seinfeld Sister Split Reply with quote

For some reason my input in this thread got removed altogether.... and it wasn't even a harsh post at all. If you took offense to my posts in this thread (really????) then that says a lot about you, not about me.

One serious advice to you: you have a really nice car, but dude...... please stop bringing up Seinfeld in each post.
Chatting about your car and all the features it has: interesting..... chatting about Seinfeld on this site: less interesting.
I think you have figured that by out by now, considering the other posts in this thread.
If not, then I can only respectfully wish you good luck with the further discussion on here.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Wiggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 12:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Seinfeld Sister Split Reply with quote

Brian. Please stop. I’m really not sure what you’re point is? That two split window beetles were sold in Belgium? Are you still of the belief Hiram imported the blue car and that I did not sell it to Hiram? I’m lost.

The car was not sold on may 20th. It was sent from the factory on may 20th. The original owners are the people you referenced. I have pictures of her with the car. The car was also featured in a Belgian movie. I have pictures of it from the set. William De Muller bought it from them and sold the car to Clayton Capps who brought that car into the states. Hiram had nothing to do with it and it was IMported by Clayton in 2000. I have included the reference from his own eBay add. I’ve also included my successful bid for the car from Clayton. Finally I’ve attached the birth certificate.

Personally, I’ve grown tired of your silliness. I’m not sure what you are trying to prove at this point. But if you are trying to make it that Hiram imported this car, well at this point you’re just lying, or where lied to and don’t have the open mindedness to accept actual documentation and facts.

Nobody has attacked you but you come in here with this made up stuff or can’t articulate what you are trying to say in a manner that people can actually understand you. Please stop.

You have a cool car. I’d love to see some recent pictures of it. But the jerry connection is misleading, irrelevant and diminishing to your car at this point. Celebrate your car on its own merits. Other than Hiram owning both cars that’s about all there is.

My 58 Ghia Vert

My 51 Split 11G

My 57 Deluxe

My 56 Oval
sled
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 12:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Seinfeld Sister Split Reply with quote

Brian Eis wrote:
but I have to say its been challenging not to stoop to the low level name calling that Kevin and others have resorted to. To those who have insulted me, all I can say is "Grow up."

I have re-read every post in this thread, and have found not a single time you were called a name of any kind, nor did I read any insults.

people have only provided facts, and made contradictory statements to your statements. No one has "slammed a brother" as you mentioned early on.

frankly you, not others, seem to be painting yourself in the negative light.
splitjunkie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2021 6:56 am    Post subject: Re: Seinfeld Sister Split Reply with quote

I bought a piece of grooved split trim from Hiram back in 2010. He was less than forthright with me about the condition and several other details during the transaction. I am not surprised that you were supplied less than accurate information about the history of both splits.

You know, a lot of these scratches will buff right out... Jerry Seinfeld
Yustrn
JHC Controla

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2021 10:50 am    Post subject: Re: Seinfeld Sister Split Reply with quote

I would like to state for the record:

1. I owned a split window bug once
2. I have met Jerry Seinfeld
3. Jerry Seinfeld and my VW were at the same vw show together once
4. I got an autograph from Seinfeld, but he didn't autograph my car.

Thought everyone should know, you're welcome.
johnshenry Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:12 am    Post subject: Re: Seinfeld Sister Split Reply with quote

I'm in the math club.

And the Physics club.

'57 Deluxe
'56 Single Cab
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
splitjunkie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:06 am    Post subject: Re: Seinfeld Sister Split Reply with quote

Excuse me. What are you babbling about? Very Happy

You know, a lot of these scratches will buff right out... Jerry Seinfeld
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Split-Window/1938-53 VWs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: