Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Fuel gauge, correct? How to convert to 12 volts?
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Ghia Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tocky73
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:40 am    Post subject: Re: Fuel gauge, correct? How to convert to 12 volts? Reply with quote

Thanks for your advise I brought the same units and my fuel gauge and also clock ar working perfect. I would definitely recommend these converters.

Mrfun2fly wrote:
Just wanna give an update, last night I received my replacement 12v to 6v converter and it worked! Below is the converter I bought.

12V to 6V Converter, DROK Car Power Converter DC 9V-22V 12V to DC 6V Buck Voltage Regulator 3A 18W Waterproof High Efficiency Step Down Volt Module Power Supply https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CGQRIFG/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_i_fIoVDbVH3SNGC

I now have a working fuel gauge!!

Thank you everyone with all your wisdom and education as I learned a bunch:)

1962 Ghia
1971 Beetle
lonotch
Samba Padrino

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 6:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Fuel gauge, correct? How to convert to 12 volts? Reply with quote

So I went and bought the ford volt a drop and it doesn’t work, do not waste your cash, it is not constant and sends out pulses which gives a reading but the needle will read and then fall to empty sporadically, I had a electronic genius look at it and he thinks the $3 fix is the way to go, once I have it made and installed I will give everyone a update.

German Folks
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
lonotch
Samba Padrino

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Fuel gauge, correct? How to convert to 12 volts? Reply with quote

I had one of the diy units made for my car and works perfect.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

German Folks
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
VeloMikey
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 4:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Fuel gauge, correct? How to convert to 12 volts? Reply with quote

I had North Hollywood Speedo rebuild / convert my fuel gauge to 12v. I think one of the POs blew it up when the car was converted to 12v.

Ghia Build Thread https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=768748
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Ghia All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: