Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

John Hollan - [email protected]
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: john1956
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: March 26, 2024
latinporsche911
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 1:28 pm    Post subject: John Hollan - [email protected] Reply with quote

*** Seller Beware ***

This individual contacted me a couple of months ago. He was interested in two parts. The amount was more than $3,000 for both parts.
He asked me if I could help in allowing him to make payments. Since a few other samba members have been cool and helpful with me, I did the same with John.
He sent 1k and stated he would send the rest in 2 weeks
Ok. He sent the first $1000
I emailed him what was his plan in regards to obtaining the parts. Would he personally pick them up or have them shipped through greyhound. Also, letting him know that to be fair, I usually charge a small amount in case he backs out.
No response from him for almost a month.
So to stir things a bit, I activated the ads again. Sure enough he emailed me and sent another $1000. He then sent me 5 or so similar emails, letting me know he sent anotherb payment and what was going on. Why were ads active again, what was i planning and why wasnt I uncommunicative.
It was on a Sabbath so after sun went down, I saw the emails and responded with a bullet point email
Letting him know it is his responsibility to be communicative in regards to his plans, he failed to meet his word of making payment after 2 weeks, he hasn't told me his plans on shipping (should I get a quote or not), about the deposit fee, and why would he tell me he was near my vicinity and thought of surprising me with balance payment and to pick up stuff. I am not on his time frame to be available any time he thought of showing up.

A couple of days later.. I emailed him... what was his plans.
No reply....

Then last week I received 2 emails from PayPal that momey was being held back because customer placed a case: stating that seller had not shipped the items.

What the???? lol hahaha
John seems to be a coward in sending me an email and working things out. All he had to state was to the effect that he was having issues and would need his money back.
Ok.. cool. I understand life has its ups and downs... Would have even declined any deposit fee.
Luckily I had not used the money, dont know how PayPal would have required money back.
All I lost was time with this flaky guy and ads being deactivated. But such individuals like John that mess it up for the rest of us

Just be cautious and know there are flaky people out there. Time wasters and those that arent man enough to admit fault or communicate honestly and openly.
latinporsche911
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:07 pm    Post subject: Re: John Hollan - [email protected] Reply with quote

Issue has been resolved.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: