Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Official whine about Buses and parts for sale
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2640, 2641, 2642 ... 2706, 2707, 2708  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
obus Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

i'm pretty sure he sold a 15 or 23 window on BaT already. I'm not sure this SC is BaT worthy but thats my opinion
1960 Paprika Red Karmann Ghia Convertible aka Schatze L452 built 5/20/60
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...highlight=
66 21 window bus built 8/31/65 https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=777273
View user's profile Send private message Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Patiently Impatient wrote:
EverettB wrote:
I'm 100% sure you can't randomly say it's going on BaT.
They have to approve it and want to auction it.

That’s correct. BAT isn’t eBay, they pick and choose what gets auctioned on their site.

If I remember correctly, they also do not list the same vehicle twice. They might under certain conditions but if it doesn’t meet reserve they won’t re-list it.

I have definitely seen them relist the same car again but it was a car that sold on there in the past, years earlier.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Who.Me? Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/274842523622?_trkparms=...%7Ciid%3A1

£6,500 (GBP) for the remains of a shorty single cab.

No engine, no transmission, no gates, hacked wheel wells. Doesn't mention an interior or whether the semaphores are there, just that the holes they go in are good.

Even what remains of the rear bed has chunks cut out of it and what remains of the lower metal work is pretty rusty.

Doesn't seem like a good deal to me.

Looking for info on my truck's history. Are you from Campbell California or nearby. Do you recognise it? ... http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=636786
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vwdavevt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:40 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2480409

Just seems like for $52,000 you should:

1. Post more pictures (I know they are offered to "anyone serious")
2. the bus should have the deluxe trim

and the big one...
3. new owner should NOT have to weld in the hacked out section.

just my humble opinion.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:59 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

vwdavevt wrote:
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2480409

Just seems like for $52,000 you should:

1. Post more pictures (I know they are offered to "anyone serious")
2. the bus should have the deluxe trim

and the big one...
3. new owner should NOT have to weld in the hacked out section.

just my humble opinion.

I was too distracted by the fact that he parked and blocked 2 spaces. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
dmonger
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:45 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Hey Guys saw a couple posts about my Turkis SC.....@azbob I’m sorry if I sound “aggressive” that wasn’t my intent...really bummed about having to sell the SC but life happens....the price is 34k and yes BaT does have to approve a listing but based on my past experience with them I’m fairly certain they would be interested in listing my SC but I guess time will tell...Cheers
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

dmonger wrote:
Hey Guys saw a couple posts about my Turkis SC.....@azbob I’m sorry if I sound “aggressive” that wasn’t my intent...really bummed about having to sell the SC but life happens....the price is 34k and yes BaT does have to approve a listing but based on my past experience with them I’m fairly certain they would be interested in listing my SC but I guess time will tell...Cheers

I'm going to be straightforward and say you are wasting a lot of people's time and your time having to respond to inquiries by not listing a price at that price level.

This has always been my advice to anyone posting a "Ask" or "Inquire" ad though.
"Offers" can go either way but are usually a time sink too, you usually get low balled.
dmonger
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

@EverettB I see your point of view but I do feel like sometimes “ask” or “inquire” generates lots of responses and conversations that might not otherwise take place....for instance this ad has already generated at least 25 emails and over 60 texts....most aren’t potential buyers at this price point but I get to talk VW’s with a lot of people and have three very serious potential buyers as we speak....anyway I guess we will agree to disagree on the “strategy”. Cheers!
Lind
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 5:03 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

When I see an ad without a price, I assume it is because the price is ridiculously high. I don't waste the sellers time or mine by asking.
VWoA literature and early dealership or distributor literature/pictures/information
Big Bill
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:32 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Wow 52K for a 66 "Deluxe Shocked " No "Deluxe" beltline trim, no "Deluxe rear bumper trim, funky WW drivers side mirror no windshield wipers and not a single interior photo. Damm I sold this 63 DD/Walkthru that didnt need the seat backs welded in for 20K a few years ago... I could probably get 1 Million Dollars for it today. Very Happy
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
teahead
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:52 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

I like this DC:

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2459063

However, how does the E-brake work?

Who.Me? Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Lind wrote:
When I see an ad without a price, I assume it is because the price is ridiculously high. I don't waste the sellers time or mine by asking.

Or that they're going to adjust the price based on the enquirer's accent or manner of speaking.

Looking for info on my truck's history. Are you from Campbell California or nearby. Do you recognise it? ... http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=636786
Busted-bolt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 4:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

teahead wrote:
I like this DC:

Yeah some times E brakes are really nice to have.
dmonger
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 5:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

@andy good point but I have told every one of the 120+ contacts the exact same number of 34k and for what it’s worth I have put the price on the ad now as well
BarryL Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 6:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Busted-bolt wrote:
teahead wrote:
I like this DC:

Do we all have that slotted dealy on our package tray?
willieb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2437019
sorry to bring this turd up again but it started at $22K I think now it's. please drag this piece of shit out of my yard!!!!!!!
BSQUARE
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:32 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Patiently Impatient wrote:

I love that he downplays the dents on the roof as being "Hippie dents". Whatever the fuck that means...

That might increase the value - depending on if the hippie is included with the Bus, and what kind of shape she's in...

EmpiGT
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 6:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

EmpiGT wrote:
Just a heads up. An older buddy of mine built this bus that's listed for sale. I'm not sure who the seller is. I've seen this bus many times in person. It was built on the cheap. A guy in Kansas City did poor metal replacement. It looks decent in pics. But to get $90,000 it would really need to be restored again.
Complete interior is home made including headliner. The bumpers are fiberglass. 14 inch bus wheels. Bay window rear seats. And a ton of incorrect parts. Really just a daily driver build. Not a good deal at half the price. As it really needs a lot of money put into it to get to $90k level. It is a true pressed bumper 15 window. I have before pics too.
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2474389

Before. I tried to have the owner leave it as found and put it together
in og paint.

Listed again $25,000 cheaper same seller. New pics. Another $25,000 off and it's getting where it should be.
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2481055
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 10:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

EmpiGT wrote:
EmpiGT wrote:
Just a heads up. An older buddy of mine built this bus that's listed for sale. I'm not sure who the seller is. I've seen this bus many times in person. It was built on the cheap. A guy in Kansas City did poor metal replacement. It looks decent in pics. But to get $90,000 it would really need to be restored again.
Complete interior is home made including headliner. The bumpers are fiberglass. 14 inch bus wheels. Bay window rear seats. And a ton of incorrect parts. Really just a daily driver build. Not a good deal at half the price. As it really needs a lot of money put into it to get to $90k level. It is a true pressed bumper 15 window. I have before pics too.
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2474389

Before. I tried to have the owner leave it as found and put it together
in og paint.

Listed again $25,000 cheaper same seller. New pics. Another $25,000 off and it's getting where it should be.
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2481055

Removed as repost but for the record, the old ad was already down to $70,000 obo
AS350driver
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 9:57 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

BarryL wrote:
Busted-bolt wrote:
teahead wrote:
I like this DC:

Do we all have that slotted dealy on our package tray?

My 65 Westy has it.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2640, 2641, 2642 ... 2706, 2707, 2708  Next
Jump to:
Page 2641 of 2708

Jump to: