Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Scat 1.25 rockers with HD single spring compatibility?
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nekomorgan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 12:03 am    Post subject: Scat 1.25 rockers with HD single spring compatibility? Reply with quote

I have a 1776 with a c35 cam, dual carbs, 40x35 valves, and a merged Sidewinder. I have 1.1 rockers on it now but plan to put on scat 1.25 rockers with the pushrod end adjuster. My heads have HD single springs. Has anyone had luck with 1.25 rockers using a scat c35 cam and HD single springs? Motor wouldn't go past 5500 rpm and I have chromoly rods. I have beehive springs ordered but not sure if they'll be here anytime soon. The beehive springs are confirmed to work with my combo without valve float to 7k rpm. I wanna know if anyone has had luck with this combo before I risk it. This would only be until the other springs come in so it'd only be 500 miles of driving like this tops.
Thx!
txoval
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 3:35 am    Post subject: Re: Scat 1.25 rockers with HD single spring compatibility? Reply with quote

The power band of the C35 is 1500 to 5000 rpms, so spinning the engine much more isn’t going to do anything for your. Even with 1.25’s, it may take you to 5500-5800.

I’d wait until you change the springs...but you’re spending a lot of money for little gain in my opinion.

Those Scat rockers are $240 (maybe you got a deal?) and beehive springs aren’t cheap either.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:59 am    Post subject: Re: Scat 1.25 rockers with HD single spring compatibility? Reply with quote

those wood bee the rockers eye wood go with. and they dont care what springs you use as long as there is no coil bind. most of those type rockers also need to be about 1mm lower( thus milling the rocker blocks) and lash caps are a good idea too. also many of those adjusters needs to have the oil hole slightly deburred in the cup.as well as making sure you add a flat to the end's of each push rod.
Nekomorgan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 12:00 am    Post subject: Re: Scat 1.25 rockers with HD single spring compatibility? Reply with quote

mark tucker wrote:
those wood bee the rockers eye wood go with. and they dont care what springs you use as long as there is no coil bind. most of those type rockers also need to be about 1mm lower( thus milling the rocker blocks) and lash caps are a good idea too. also many of those adjusters needs to have the oil hole slightly deburred in the cup.as well as making sure you add a flat to the end's of each push rod.
yes the rockers came with lash caps. What do you mean by adding a flat to the pushrod end?
Nekomorgan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 12:03 am    Post subject: Re: Scat 1.25 rockers with HD single spring compatibility? Reply with quote

txoval wrote:
The power band of the C35 is 1500 to 5000 rpms, so spinning the engine much more isn’t going to do anything for your. Even with 1.25’s, it may take you to 5500-5800.

I’d wait until you change the springs...but you’re spending a lot of money for little gain in my opinion.

Those Scat rockers are $240 (maybe you got a deal?) and beehive springs aren’t cheap either.
as it sits now I've had it reach 6k extremely easily but only on accident. It would have kept going with higher pressure springs, would the power curve have dropped? Probably but it was in neutral so I had no way to tell. It has probably close to 100-110 hp now so I'm hoping to get another 10 out of the ratio rockers since they say they typically help 10%
Alstrup
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 1:54 am    Post subject: Re: Scat 1.25 rockers with HD single spring compatibility? Reply with quote

Nekomorgan wrote:
txoval wrote:

as it sits now I've had it reach 6k extremely easily but only on accident. It would have kept going with higher pressure springs, would the power curve have dropped? Probably but it was in neutral so I had no way to tell. It has probably close to 100-110 hp now so I'm hoping to get another 10 out of the ratio rockers since they say they typically help 10%

Sales balloney. 1,25´s on such a type cam usually increases power with about 4%. IF the engine really needs more air and the slighly reduced ILC works in its favour you can sometimes see 5-6%. Tjhe C35 usually resaponds reasonably well to 1,25´s, so if the engine breathes well you may see a power increase at around 5%
txoval
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 4:34 am    Post subject: Re: Scat 1.25 rockers with HD single spring compatibility? Reply with quote

Sure the engine revs to 6000, but you’re on the down slope of the power curve past 5000.

The 1.25’s will extend the power curve a few hundred rpms...Alstrup knows a lot more than me about it.

I just know how much those rockers and springs cost...that’s a lot of money for 4-5 hp
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Dan Ruddock
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 5:40 am    Post subject: Re: Scat 1.25 rockers with HD single spring compatibility? Reply with quote

Nekomorgan wrote:
I have a 1776 with a c35 cam, dual carbs, 40x35 valves, and a merged Sidewinder. I have 1.1 rockers on it now but plan to put on scat 1.25 rockers with the pushrod end adjuster. My heads have HD single springs. Has anyone had luck with 1.25 rockers using a scat c35 cam and HD single springs? Motor wouldn't go past 5500 rpm and I have chromoly rods. I have beehive springs ordered but not sure if they'll be here anytime soon. The beehive springs are confirmed to work with my combo without valve float to 7k rpm. I wanna know if anyone has had luck with this combo before I risk it. This would only be until the other springs come in so it'd only be 500 miles of driving like this tops.
Thx!

Who did you order the beehives from? I have them in stock ready to ship which would take three days. Dan
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:52 am    Post subject: Re: Scat 1.25 rockers with HD single spring compatibility? Reply with quote

flats to the end of the pushrods so the pushrods dont eat the cup up. just use a belt sander to add a flat at the hole about .080-.100" you do not want any load right at that tip. if not done it can eat the cup and close up the oil hole. I always do both the cup and both ends of the pushrods. be sure to clean out the pushrods and adjusters and I recommend also cleaning out the rockers too and lubing them good. I suppose you could use a fine file to add a flat to the ends as long as you dont leave a burr.
txoval
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 9:24 am    Post subject: Re: Scat 1.25 rockers with HD single spring compatibility? Reply with quote

Show us a picture of the your pushrod tips. The better versions are already flat at the tip/oil hole, but the stock style are not.
Nekomorgan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 2:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Scat 1.25 rockers with HD single spring compatibility? Reply with quote

Dan Ruddock wrote:
Nekomorgan wrote:
Thx!

Who did you order the beehives from? I have them in stock ready to ship which would take three days. Dan

I ordered them from aircooled.net. but I ordered the street kit which doesn't require any machining
Dan Ruddock
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 3:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Scat 1.25 rockers with HD single spring compatibility? Reply with quote

ACN has not ordered any from me in a while, he should have them. How long have you been waiting? Dan
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 9:36 am    Post subject: Re: Scat 1.25 rockers with HD single spring compatibility? Reply with quote

some do have flats some dont. if they do there is no issue. that should be obvious. Rolling Eyes
txoval
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:41 am    Post subject: Re: Scat 1.25 rockers with HD single spring compatibility? Reply with quote

You would think, but if someone has never seen it, maybe not.

Last thing he needs to do is file a big flat spot on the pushrod tips. If you don’t know what your doing or what it’s supposed to look like it could happen quickly.
Nekomorgan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 5:20 am    Post subject: Re: Scat 1.25 rockers with HD single spring compatibility? Reply with quote

Dan Ruddock wrote:
ACN has not ordered any from me in a while, he should have them. How long have you been waiting? Dan
I think I ordered them almost a week ago, but it's been less than a week but I see on the order status it says they're backordered. Haven't been waiting long.
Dan Ruddock
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 5:30 am    Post subject: Re: Scat 1.25 rockers with HD single spring compatibility? Reply with quote

Backordered??? They have not contacted me about an order. I can ship the order size they typically place in a day or two. I would send them a email saying Dan Ruddock has them in stock. Dan
jpaull
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 7:14 am    Post subject: Re: Scat 1.25 rockers with HD single spring compatibility? Reply with quote

Nekomorgan wrote:
Dan Ruddock wrote:
Nekomorgan wrote:
Thx!

I ordered them from aircooled.net. but I ordered the street kit which doesn't require any machining

ACN has 3 Beehive kits. One thats their Original Beehive kit that mentions 7000 rpms and it $279, and Dans 2 kits that are $234(mentions 7500rpms) and $219 (Mentions 7250rpms).

Which of the 3 did you get?
[email protected] MPH 1/4 Mile & 8.1 @ 83.7MPH in 1/8 Mile with Mild Type 1 VW Mag Case 2234cc commuter engine in stock weight bug w/only .491 total lift(CB2292 Cam), 42x37 heads, 48idf's, Street tires, Belt on, Mufflers, Pump gas, video of the run here: https://youtu.be/M3SPqMOKAOg

Transmission by MCMScott:
Rhino case, Klinkenberg 4.12, Superdiff, 002 mainshaft with 091 first idler. Weddle 1.48 Third & 1.14 Fourth.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: