Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

1966 Wiring Diagram
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Split 66'
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:43 pm    Post subject: Re: 1966 Wiring Diagram Reply with quote

Hoping your OG TS lever can be cleaned up and tested. Any pics of its condition?
Jeler
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:18 pm    Post subject: Re: 1966 Wiring Diagram Reply with quote

Split 66' wrote:
Hoping your OG TS lever can be cleaned up and tested. Any pics of its condition?

Hi Split66

I did get the old switch out and cleaned up, but it is missing one of the wires and the ground which is soldered to rivet in case is questionable. As I move the wire the rivet also moves. (I've pointed this out with my pen)

Still pretty useless here with only one good arm. Grrrrrr
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Split 66'
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:49 pm    Post subject: Re: 1966 Wiring Diagram Reply with quote

I'd be curious to see what happens if you plug the OG TS board in, just like it is right now. Just to see if auto-flash is the same.
Jeler
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:56 pm    Post subject: Re: 1966 Wiring Diagram Reply with quote

Split 66' wrote:
I'd be curious to see what happens if you plug the OG TS board in, just like it is right now. Just to see if auto-flash is the same.

I’m also curious but with one arm right now it’s tough as hell just getting to the 9 pin flasher
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Jeler
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 2:48 pm    Post subject: Re: 1966 Wiring Diagram Reply with quote

Well after 2 shoulder surgeries I got back at it locating the gremlin. I took split'66 advise and rebuilt my OG turn switch. Mounted it on the column and got it wired in. Everything works.

Thanks to all the advise I received here. I doubt I would have figured it out.

The new TS from WW kept canceling itself out like TelfordDorr suggested.

Glad I didn't order another new one.

Thanks again
Jeff in Iowa
Split 66'
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 3:42 pm    Post subject: Re: 1966 Wiring Diagram Reply with quote

Glad you got it sorted out!

There are a lot of good reproduction parts out there for the VW Bus, I'm very grateful for WW and other manufacturers. I just wish they could offer the same OG quality, at any price point. Not all VW people are cheap, especially in this day and age.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: